cashel

I dont know what i have to do now!...HELP!!!!!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody!!!!

I dont have a lot experience writing in English....so sorry for the mistakes...

I got my CR-1 Visa the last Thursday (on May 29th)...but We had a bad moment with the Consul, He told us that We needed the Tax return to the last year...We didn't have that but We had the W2...We had his new Job Contract letter too for the last year (He is a teacher)....so He gave us the visa but He told us that We are going to have problem when We arrived to United States because The Aduana's Officer has the last decision about my Permanent Resident....My question....I got the visa....so can the officer in the airport denied my Resident????, should my husband to get the last year's tax return???....Somebody has had any problem when you arrived to state????....Can you tell your experience at the moment that you arrived at the airport???....WHAT I HAVE TO DO NOW!!!!!.....please, help me!!!!

CASHEL

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Everybody!!!!

I dont have a lot experience writing in English....so sorry for the mistakes...

I got my CR-1 Visa the last Thursday (on May 29th)...but We had a bad moment with the Consul, He told us that We needed the Tax return to the last year...We didn't have that but We had the W2...We had his new Job Contract letter too for the last year (He is a teacher)....so He gave us the visa but He told us that We are going to have problem when We arrived to United States because The Aduana's Officer has the last decision about my Permanent Resident....My question....I got the visa....so can the officer in the airport denied my Resident????, should my husband to get the last year's tax return???....Somebody has had any problem when you arrived to state????....Can you tell your experience at the moment that you arrived at the airport???....WHAT I HAVE TO DO NOW!!!!!.....please, help me!!!!

CASHEL

Nobody at the Point of Entry to the USA will be asking for a tax return.

If you have a CR1 visa in your passport, welcome to the USA.

Never heard of an "Aduana's Officer".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Aduana means Customs in Spanish, so I think the poster is under the impression

that the consul told her there is a potential problem waiting at POE. I understand

that DHS does indeed have the last word about permitting entry, but I have not

heard of them asking for tax returns.

I think it was just a reminder that the officer at customs has the authority to prevent entry -- but not a warning that there IS a problem with your situation. Because yes, they can, but no they don't without cause. And they'll have no cause with you.

Congratulations!!!

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why isn't he taking the 2007 tax return? I would suggest he does.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All right just for my information...doesn't everyone travelling on an Immigrant Visa hands in a sealed envelope at the POE? Maybe that has all the information about the entire process and interview etc. I know this post won't be very helpful for cashel but it seems that this tax thing can get people in trouble. Please do ask the spouses to pay tax or the beneficiary will get all the grilling at the time of the interview. I wish you all the best cashel. Hope it goes smoothly for you on arrival.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

I'm worried now because my husband does not have yet the tax return of 2007, we just have from 2004, 2005 and 2006. We were not taking the tax return of 2007, do you think that this will be a problem at the interview?

I had the W2 forms from 2002 to 2007 plus my two jobs letters (Current job and new job) but they are interested in 2006 and 2007 TAX RETURNS.....what we are going to do is have the TAX RETURNS with us when we travel, just in case....I think you should get the tax return if possible, you know how strict the consul officer are...If you do that you are not going to have my same problem....I wish you the best!!!....

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION...THANKS AGAIN!!!...

CASHEL

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I'm worried now because my husband does not have yet the tax return of 2007, we just have from 2004, 2005 and 2006. We were not taking the tax return of 2007, do you think that this will be a problem at the interview?

I had the W2 forms from 2002 to 2007 plus my two jobs letters (Current job and new job) but they are interested in 2006 and 2007 TAX RETURNS.....what we are going to do is have the TAX RETURNS with us when we travel, just in case....I think you should get the tax return if possible, you know how strict the consul officer are...If you do that you are not going to have my same problem....I wish you the best!!!....

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION...THANKS AGAIN!!!...

CASHEL

If you can have them with you, by all means have them but CBP officers don't ask for tax returns or readjudicate cases at the border.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.