39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband carries his at all times. He has since the day he received it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I wouldn't do that, I can't think of any point it would be necessary to have it on me (especially if I lose my wallet). State ID is fine I think.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This is from the USCIS website. Although it's entirely up to you whether you want to abide by it or not.

Permanent Resident Card

The Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, is issued to all Permanent Residents as evidence of alien registration and their permanent status in the US. The card must be in your possession at all times. This requirement means that you are not only required to have a currently valid Form I-551 at all times, but also that you must carry your currently valid Form I-551 on your person at all times.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Neither my wife or daughter carry theirs. They carry State ID and their EAD cards but only take the Passports or green cards out of the safe when they are specifically needed. I'm not worried they'll be arrested by ICE while carrying what they have but I'm quite worried about losing a green card.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife did until a few weeks ago when she left her purse in a location at school, and then later was lucky enough to get it back from the lost and found department. She now only carries her state issued ID, and only carries the green-card when we travel.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Neither my wife or daughter carry theirs. They carry State ID and their EAD cards but only take the Passports or green cards out of the safe when they are specifically needed. I'm not worried they'll be arrested by ICE while carrying what they have but I'm quite worried about losing a green card.

Andre does not have an EAD card.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

He doesn't need an EAD card once he has the Green Card. Not sure why the previous poster's spouse walks around with it.

Removing Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline
This is from the USCIS website. Although it's entirely up to you whether you want to abide by it or not.

Permanent Resident Card

The Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, is issued to all Permanent Residents as evidence of alien registration and their permanent status in the US. The card must be in your possession at all times. This requirement means that you are not only required to have a currently valid Form I-551 at all times, but also that you must carry your currently valid Form I-551 on your person at all times.

I find it ironic how some people on this site take every word the USCIS writes literally on every occassion up to this very point. Then, they waiver off course.

The above wording is the very reason Andre carries his all the time.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Isn't it a misdemeanor if you don't have it on you?
Who checks?

Police are perfectly satisfied with state issued ID like driver's license, and if you apply for a job, employers are also satisfied by state ID, and SSN card without the "With DHS auth" notation, per form I-9.

Anyway again we carry it when traveling and may encounter DHS personnel like at airports.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Isn't it a misdemeanor if you don't have it on you?

Yes, if somebody wants to arrest you for it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Permanent Resident Card

I find it ironic how some people on this site take every word the USCIS writes literally on every occassion up to this very point. Then, they waiver off course.

It's just a matter of judgment really. At what point is he going to be required to present it when other ID would fail?

The only time this really come into play is when there's a raid by the ICE or FBI, other than that...

Removing Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline

He doesn't need an EAD card once he has the Green Card. Not sure why the previous poster's spouse walks around with it.

She walks around with it instead of the Green Card as a second piece of picture ID. She also has a color copy of her SS card. Of course she doesn't need it. It's not even valid when you have a green card.

This thread is more of a survey than a place to argue. We're all aware of the USCIS requirements and for the most part are adults.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Permanent Resident Card

It's just a matter of judgment really. At what point is he going to be required to present it when other ID would fail?

The only time this really come into play is when there's a raid by the ICE or FBI, other than that...

Right, and I for one wouldn't question for one moment Andre or anyone else's decision to carry it. I've given the reason why we've made our judgment.

PSSST...Sometimes I exceed the speed limit too...nearly every time I drive a car.

My wife's father is elderly and in poor health. We would have to drive 150 miles out of our way to get her passport stamped in lieu of the card if lost. We live our lives in such a way the need to present the green card is obscure, to say the least. We've decided which risks we're willing to take.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.