UmmSqueakster

job du'a/prayers please

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ohh Rahma, I'm so sorry he is having such a hard time finding work. Car dealers are usually willing to give new comers a chance even without experiance and he can work in the finance dept after some time. Its usually commission only, but if he works hard, he can definitly do good there.

I say this bcz we know alot of arabs that have immigrated here over the years, they usually end up doing one of three things, open a business, work with family, work for a car dealership. I don't know why, but thats how it usually ends up.

Good luck! :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
http://www.mnworks.org/

we have a similiar website for michigan...

Hehe, that's the website that also has an office in Saint Paul that he went to and they only wanted to show him their website.

I say this bcz we know alot of arabs that have immigrated here over the years, they usually end up doing one of three things, open a business, work with family, work for a car dealership. I don't know why, but thats how it usually ends up.

Thanks, I'll mention that to him. It's kinda funny, the one thing he really wants to do is open a restaurant. I'm like, um, you can't cook, I can't cook, why the hell would we want to open a restaurant? What would we serve, Macaroni and Cheese cause that's my specialty :lol:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

http://www.mnworks.org/

we have a similiar website for michigan...

Hehe, that's the website that also has an office in Saint Paul that he went to and they only wanted to show him their website.

Thanks, I'll mention that to him. It's kinda funny, the one thing he really wants to do is open a restaurant. I'm like, um, you can't cook, I can't cook, why the hell would we want to open a restaurant? What would we serve, Macaroni and Cheese cause that's my specialty :lol:

He could always seek out a talented cook. In my area, there is this lebenese lady. She does catering out of her home and her food is excellent. I think your hubby is the entreprenuer type :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Rahma, I just laughed out loud at work at your Macaroni & Cheese comment. Good thing nobody is here!

He sounds like he needs a partner. My ex from Morocco started his own restaurant. Here's the link: http://www.marrakeshcafe.com/. Maybe he could contact him to see how to get started. I know he worked as a dishwasher, prep cook, and finally chef at so many bottom rate places for a couple of years, and even worked 2 jobs the whole time, to save up the money for it, and to learn what he needed to know about running a restaurant here. I know those aren't jobs anybody wants necessarily, but he was there to learn, and he did. He took notes about what kind of equipement worked best, from the stoves to the cash registers. He also copied every single company's recipes down, but in Arabic so they had no idea he was stealing their secrets. I know he was looking for a partner a while back, but I'm not sure exactly where you guys are so that probably won't work. He might know of someone in your area that would be interested though, he stays well connected in the Muslim community here in the US, and even around the world for that matter.

Timeline

Liz your story just reminded me of something..ladies use this to inspire your men, its a true story :star:

My family was visiting from Jordan about a month ago. I live in Northern California and we took to Pebble Beach, its one of the most prestigous areas in Northern California, mulit-million dollar homes, on the coast, golf course, etc. As we were driving we decided to stop for lunch. We went into this small italian restaurant in the area. As I was asking my uncle in arabic what he would like to eat, the waiter heard me and told us he was also arabic. He was actually Jordanian and it was his brothers restaurant. After 30 min their whole family shows up, the parents, they come sit with us, make us coffee, offer us sweets.

The mom and dad started sharing with us their story. Their oldest son immigrated to the USA 9 years ago, he started working in the restaurant as a waiter and worked there the entire time. The restaurant was owned by an older couple, he saved enough to buy it from them. He now owns one of those multi-million dollar homes. His whole family has immigrated here and that restaruant supports them all. I was amazed at what a person could do in such a short period of time. When there is a will...there is a way :star:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Rahma I have made a du'a for your husband. He WILL find a work it's just a matter of patience and hard work. How's his English ? That's what I'm worried about with Ali.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Yes of course. My prayers and best wishes are with you both. I hope God grants you peace, strength, and courage to face this difficult time. (F)

Timeline
Rahma I have made a du'a for your husband. He WILL find a work it's just a matter of patience and hard work. How's his English ? That's what I'm worried about with Ali.

His spoken english is great, very understandable. His written english could use some improvements, but he gets his points across.

He's busy studying for some accounting temp agency tests tomorrow. inshaAllah they'll find him something. I worked a temp job at a law firm for a year and a half before I got my permenant job, so maybe it will be the same for him.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am praying that he does find a job that he is happy and pay is good soon. Ishteaq is going to Mekka, Mecca? depends on who you ask? and Madina. He is offeriing his dua's for our visa and I have asked him to remember all from VJ that are in the ME/Asian forums and ask for whatever their needs are to please bless each and everyone of you.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you considered posting his resume on Monster.com or the likes? We did that on the spur of the moment for Hicham. He got two interviews and is currently working at one of the places. Give it a try like we did. It sure can't hurt!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

I hope something comes through soon, Rahma.

(L) Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and your dua! He's busy studying for his accounting tests tomorrow. inshaAllah inshaAllah inshaAllah they'll find him something.

irhal.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.