UmmSqueakster

job du'a/prayers please

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your husband's situation...I will pray that things will work out well soon...Jamal was lucky and found a job 2 weeks after his arrival...he is a carpenter by trade and thru a local mosque got in touch with one carpenter who referred him to the one he works with...the money is still not the greatest taking under consideration that he is very experienced but he needs to get his english improved and I hope with time things will get better...Many Blessings...

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, small vent. The @$()#*&!@ ($*&@# temp agency won't give him work because he doesn't have american references. Umm, hello, he has 5 references from his volunteer jobs, as well as written references from accounting positions he helf back in egypt :ranting: One would think that this would show how motivated he is, because he volunteered for a local government office and to help poor people with their taxes as soon as he immigrated to this country. But no.

Somebody give my husband a job please!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

My husband has also had such a hard time finding work. He is currently , and unhappily, working for our local wal-mart. He has degrees and worked as your man..18 hours/day 7 days/week.. and he owned his own business. He is so frustrated that so many of his friends came here with nothing and started their own businesses and have serious bank accounts now and he can't find 1 good paying job. He wants to open his own business but my town is very small and I have no clue how to do that. (if I did, I would have started my own business years ago).. anyway... MUCH LUCK TO YOU BOTH with patience, he will find something to help pass the time until someone gives him a chance. (I keep saying that for us too but he's been here for 5 months now and no good jobs yet)

(F) amal (F)

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Rahma has he tried networking with people who work where they need help. My husband took ESL classes and his ESL teacher got him an interview at Walmart and he went to his interview and they hired him pending his background check also. He likes his job a lot because at least it's a start for him. He sent a few applications to places but never got called back..That was a big bummer and had him down for a while, But considering he came here Feb 9 and got a job April 19 we were pretty lucky. I hope someone at least gives him a chance. Prayers are with you and your husband. (F)(F)

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Rahma, I pray that your husband will get the job that he always wanted. (F)

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Rahma.. I know this wont help for the time being, but if his english just needs to be brushed up... he could take some classes and try to find a way to be a certified translator? It pays really good and it's really easy to get jobs doing anything including airports... just a thought!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.