Together4ever

Happy Tuesday!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Boring work, have to finish my paper and final exam, but, I'm making time tonight to go running. I'm back in my groove and have a few 5ks scheduled for August and September. I'm hoping to finish them in 35 minutes or less, about 3 minutes faster than my 5k time last year.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

rahma... you go girl!

if i was to run... i would get black eyes!!! lol

i am walking every night for about 30 mins tho...

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Boring work, have to finish my paper and final exam, but, I'm making time tonight to go running. I'm back in my groove and have a few 5ks scheduled for August and September. I'm hoping to finish them in 35 minutes or less, about 3 minutes faster than my 5k time last year.

good luck on finals :) mine have been done...

Filed: Timeline

good luck on finals :) mine have been done...

Yeah, mine too! Now if the second professor would finally post my grade!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok work is not so bad today, the massage therapist is here doing massages for the employees. I usually pass on this (we get it every 2 weeks) but since its a woman this time, I'm in. Its only a chair massage, but hey I need it right now :thumbs: Mine is next. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
And, we got another e-mail, Abdel's work permit was mailed today! Thank goodness.

:dance::dance::dance: Congrats Liz!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wow, yeah, me too!

Icey, if you're bored you can come help me unpack. I got one box finished today and a few more things caught up.

And, we got another e-mail, Abdel's work permit was mailed today! Thank goodness.

Yaaay! I hope he has an easy time finding gainful employment!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our case got approved today as you can see so I'm pretty happy about this Tuesday. Also I just had the best nap of my life so that's always nice. Hope everyone is well.

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Liz im so psyched for you...ead on the way..!!

wooo hooo

hopefully in a future interveiw abdel can request his afternoon of starbucks and soccer. :yes:

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Rahma. I do hope your husband is able to find work soon too. I know it must be so frustrating to have a work permit and not be able to use it. I hope Abdel doesn't have to look too long. The only place close for him to even do volunteer work is off-limits because it's the senior center, and my mom's ex is the director. She has made it clear she doesn't want Abdel around him, and I can't blame her. The jerk cheated on her and everybody in their church knew and didn't tell her.

Abdel is hoping to get a job downtown, because we live in a suburb and a job anywhere else will require two buses since he has to go downtown and transfer. I'm so glad he has made friends with the guys in his ESL class because they can help him with this.

Sarah, maybe if he works downtown he can fit in at least Starbucks. We went to play tennis tonight, and there was another couple there. The guy was obviously foreign too, Abdel guessed maybe Brazilian, and after we both stopped playing tennis, he and Abdel kicked the soccer ball around some. I just wish the guy had a nicer girlfriend. She was a total snob. He and Abdel hit it off great though, so I'm hoping they can be friends. I'm wishing Abdel could make friends with some guys in our suburb so he can join a group that plays soccer regularly. The team at the Y played on a night I had school, and I would have had to drop him off several miles the opposite direction from my class.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats Liz on the EAD !

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.