Captain Ewok

Welcome all members (new and old)

131 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

happy happy joy joy... post no longer applies... I edited myself.. I was subject to a joke and fooled ;).... hehe. ignore this post!

:thumbs: Say yes to VJ Family Luvin! (L)(L)(L)(L)

Edited by Captain Ewok

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

:yes::thumbs::)

Sorry again Capt. the OP was in on it as well,but we persuaded her to be the one, as she wasn't as 'well known'. I see you removed it, and very likely for the best. I have to admit, it was fun, but probably not in good taste. Have a good night. :) M.

I think we would ALL agree with that as a first rule of thumb. :) and no..not suckin' up so don't start here too Sukie!!! :lol: :lol: :lol::) M.

Also have to say tho..KUDOS to the Cap'n for takin' a joke and not being too mad at us!! :blush:

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:yes::thumbs::)

Well said , I have found VJ to be an invaluable resource both for support , something family does :-) and differing opinions expressed forthrightly and in the main politely and intelligently and like families do there are debates arguments and heated differences but as the "Capitane"<sic> says...a shared journey with the destination being a new life should allows us treat fellow travellers with the same respect we would like shown to us. :thumbs:

:lol: waxing lyrical is less painful then waxing legs <wince>

John

Sorry everyone - but HAH GOTCHA! :lol:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Timeline

We thought we were being cute..and I have to admit it was loadssssssss of fun and burned a few hours... :lol: but sorry if anyone that WAS 'duped' feels bad now...not the intention. Great post Jet Lag, that was cute! :) and Ivona, yeah...we're all a pretty good bunch here I think..not nearly THAT malicious!! ;):) M.

Val..you JUST missed it..you woulda been rollin!!! :lol: Cap just deleted it..probl for the best..but still..you woulda loved it! ;) M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

:thumbs:

deviljoyride6zi.gif

One of these days I'm gonna put 'VJ or Bust' on this side of this car

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

:lol::lol::lol: and there was me thinking I had missed everything AGAIN!! you certainly "got me" untill about half way through and then I twigged, most of it was hilarious, thanks for the laugh and a good start to the day but most of all to all of you - you are such good sports :thumbs: And so wicked :devil::lol::lol:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would just like to say, that anyone who made it through that thread, deserves a medal! (Sorry Captain Ewok!) :blush:

In addition, if you can't appreciate the humor, the complexity, and the strong bonds that the members here share, then you don't understand what makes us who we are. Furthermore, anyone who is judging us as being immature, rude, or insensitive... don't know anything about us. We ARE a family, and it is that relationship that makes us strong. "Judge not, lest thee be judged"!

It is easy for someone on the outside to look at us and think we are "cliquesh", "immature", and "judgemental". Truth is, we are just like everyone else here, and if you need help, we will help you, just as others have helped us. We use the OT forum as a place to vent, let our hair down, scream, yell, complain, and as a means of keeping oursleve saine.

This thread was just an example of how people who know each other and care for each other, can have fun, and make people who don't know us, look at it in disgust and disbelief. Who is really judging whom? Not us... we're here just to have fun and strengthen our friendships and bonds, and continue to support each other in any way possible. The door is always open. Everyone is invited. Only serious enquiries need apply. However, if you are here to cause problems, or come between us... keep moving! The road goes both ways!

Enough said.

Edited by roi_aggie

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Good on ya Roi...and I agree with most of that...the only thing I would like to add..is...

however cliquesh,etc,etc some of us may be...that doesn't mean that new members,or anyone! aren't allowed to join right in on that!!! A clique to me is just a bunch of people with similar interests that hang together..and I don't need the dictionary def. just for the record...as I know it may be slightly different. If it means to exclude others, then I guess I don't agree with THAT part of it...but anyone is welcome at any time to just jump right on in and start posting and laughing/asking questions,etc with us...that's ALL it takes to be a part of these so called cliques!! :yes: In fact, the more the merrier! Sometimes I think a lot of the people that tend to feel excluded(and I'm sorry that they do) are people that are more shy, or just don't have as much time to spend here, etc etc...when you're here a lot and just jump right in...you're just naturally going to become part of it..we all started as noobs!!! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

You are little monsters all of you - fooled me you did :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Timeline

Just wanted to add: I meant every WORD of the above...but also that I'm on 2 very strong pain pills and no sleep right now..and for some reason I'm in a very lovey, save the earth, peace and goodwill to all, you're all terrific people, etc tc tc frame of mind right now..so, while i'm too loopy to be embarrassed, and before the pill wears off, after which time it will be too late to edit this, I just want to say that I'm so thankful for this site(I get in this mood about VJ every few months) and how supportive and great most of the people here are. Even people I have had past difficulties with I think are genuinely good, caring people and I feel blessed to have met all of you. [/lovefest] :)(F) (and PS.hows THAT for a run on sentence!!???) ;)

ManU2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
We thought we were being cute..and I have to admit it was loadssssssss of fun and burned a few hours... :lol: but sorry if anyone that WAS 'duped' feels bad now...not the intention. Great post Jet Lag, that was cute! :) and Ivona, yeah...we're all a pretty good bunch here I think..not nearly THAT malicious!! ;):) M.

Val..you JUST missed it..you woulda been rollin!!! :lol: Cap just deleted it..probl for the best..but still..you woulda loved it! ;) M.

Michele, knowing it was a joke makes it hillarious.... and with the amount of stress we are dealing with, we really seriously need ways to vent and just laugh :yes: I was only on the first page of reading, and would probably pick up on it eventually...but reading through the first page, I was going #######? they all seemed like decent people, what happened to the world while I was sleeping :blush::blush::blush:

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Timeline
:lol: :lol: Yeah, no kidding..i was saying in chat that I thought a lot of the people that have been around a long time that would start reading it at work (tee hee) would pick up on it right away. They know a lot of us to be friends, so it would have likely only worked on those that haven't been around as long...and Melo. hahahahahahahhaha you know I'm kiddin girl!!! :lol: Glad we got SOMEONE!! ;):lol:

ManU2.jpg