nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes sorry ukhti... Got confused. MashaAllaah you both look lovely. I have sent you some messages...please check your inbox.

Hope they are helpful. Let me know.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha.. you guys are too funny... yup, Rajaa is a girl :)

Rajaa, the fee is waived if you do send the I-129f. So no fees there. But wait till you see all the OTHER fees associated with the K3.. but no matter. If you want to go that route and money is no issue, then so be it. It depends on the beneficiary's country too, I think. You haven't sent your I-129f, have you? I thought you were sticking with CR1.. well, me and hubby have decided to go with the CR1 route, then if things aren't moving in CSC, then file for K3. We are going to wait for a couple of months..

it's a touch, but induced by you, i think :)

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Rajaa, the fee is waived if you do send the I-129f. So no fees there. But wait till you see all the OTHER fees associated with the K3.. but no matter. If you want to go that route and money is no issue, then so be it. It depends on the beneficiary's country too, I think. You haven't sent your I-129f, have you? I thought you were sticking with CR1.. well, me and hubby have decided to go with the CR1 route, then if things aren't moving in CSC, then file for K3. We are going to wait for a couple of months..

You know i just feel like we should stick to the CR-1.... I read the reviews from the consulate not an easy place for interviews. So just rather not start and stop a process since it's already started off to a good run.

Timeline

Lol 'an induced Touch'...hehehe...good one! Have just tried to sort out the touch thing with Rajaa...And have discovered that you too are a girl!!!!! Sorry girls...I am bad with identifying people on this forum but its great to know you both.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

no offense taken, S_AL! i am indeed, a girl, last time i checked! :lol:

as of my "touch," it wasn't "induced" since i registered on the 21st or something like that and on the UPDATED column, it said 5/14/08. so i was thinking, that that was a touch. they touched it so that they can cash my check!

i'm a nurse so i tend to use a lot of terms like INDUCED. haha!

btw, S_AL, your timeline makes no sense.. you are approved already? please fix if this is incorrect. it affects the stats of everything here in the forum.. thanks!

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline
no offense taken, S_AL! i am indeed, a girl, last time i checked! :lol:

as of my "touch," it wasn't "induced" since i registered on the 21st or something like that and on the UPDATED column, it said 5/14/08. so i was thinking, that that was a touch. they touched it so that they can cash my check!

i'm a nurse so i tend to use a lot of terms like INDUCED. haha!

btw, S_AL, your timeline makes no sense.. you are approved already? please fix if this is incorrect. it affects the stats of everything here in the forum.. thanks!

hehe I can imagine.

I did try fixing the timeline but it doesn't work or somehow I haven't been able to find the right button...

I have gone through the whole USCIS process once...from january to April...know the headache.. Made it to the NVC...right at the end we were told to refile due to some complication with our marriage certificate so here we are...re-filing the whole thing. Will try to check if I can update the timeline. Any help regarding that will be much appreciated!

For the record, the right timeline is in my signature.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

Fixed.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline
Fixed.

all the laughing in our posts lately sounds like we're having a good time... that's great! "induced" I like the statement.. but how do you "induce" more touching... and yeah I am talking about our petitions :innocent:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Great job with the spreadsheet!

Hey, the spreadsheet is great, i wanted to give you my timeline incase it might help.

I-130 sent 12-26-07

received NOA1 2/6/08

04/05/08 touched

04/08/08 touched

05/25/08 touched

05/27/08 touched

we are petitioning from Colombia and our case is at the vermont service.

Timeline
Great job with the spreadsheet!

Hey, the spreadsheet is great, i wanted to give you my timeline incase it might help.

I-130 sent 12-26-07

received NOA1 2/6/08

04/05/08 touched

04/08/08 touched

05/25/08 touched

05/27/08 touched

we are petitioning from Colombia and our case is at the vermont service.

all info helps... by my figuring you should be hearing something soon ??? Let us know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello folks,

apparently we all are in the same boat...waiting for our beloved wives and husbands. hopefully checking and interacting with you all will help make this time go by quicker. I just filed my application yesterday (May 27, 08) to the Chicago Lockbox. I am very confused about this process and have spoken to two lawyers already but it just seems to be a waste of time and money. I was wondering if I can get some advise or share some experiences/opinions with like minded people. Can anyone tell me if i filed correctly? I sent the following with my I-130 application:

 Application form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

 Application fee of $355 (Three Hundred and Fifty Five Dollars only).

 Evidence of my United States citizenship (copies of all pages of my US passport and a copy of my Naturalization certificate).

 Copy of our Marriage Certificate.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of myself.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of my wife.

 Bank Statement showing joint ownership of a bank account to state co-mingling of financial assets.

 An affidavit from the bank stating the satisfactory conduct of our joint bank account.

 Two affidavits affirmed by third parties who have personal knowledge of the bona fides of our marital relationship.

I filed with the appropriate Chicago box (even though i have read in a few places that it needs to be filed at a service center. The USCIS website clearly states that it needs to be sent to Chicago)

Also, did I need to send our marriage pics? ( I did not do that as it wasnt requested in the instructions)

What is my next step?

Do you recommend taking the K-3 route?

If anyone can answer my long and crazy bunch of questions...I would really appreciate it...

Thanks everyone for your time and I hope to interact with you all...

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
hello folks,

apparently we all are in the same boat...waiting for our beloved wives and husbands. hopefully checking and interacting with you all will help make this time go by quicker. I just filed my application yesterday (May 27, 08) to the Chicago Lockbox. I am very confused about this process and have spoken to two lawyers already but it just seems to be a waste of time and money. I was wondering if I can get some advise or share some experiences/opinions with like minded people. Can anyone tell me if i filed correctly? I sent the following with my I-130 application:

 Application form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

 Application fee of $355 (Three Hundred and Fifty Five Dollars only).

 Evidence of my United States citizenship (copies of all pages of my US passport and a copy of my Naturalization certificate).

 Copy of our Marriage Certificate.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of myself.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of my wife.

 Bank Statement showing joint ownership of a bank account to state co-mingling of financial assets.

 An affidavit from the bank stating the satisfactory conduct of our joint bank account.

 Two affidavits affirmed by third parties who have personal knowledge of the bona fides of our marital relationship.

I filed with the appropriate Chicago box (even though i have read in a few places that it needs to be filed at a service center. The USCIS website clearly states that it needs to be sent to Chicago)

Also, did I need to send our marriage pics? ( I did not do that as it wasnt requested in the instructions)

What is my next step?

Do you recommend taking the K-3 route?

If anyone can answer my long and crazy bunch of questions...I would really appreciate it...

Thanks everyone for your time and I hope to interact with you all...

First of all let me be the first to welcome you to VJ and to the May filers group Cr-1....... ok I have to say you did everything I did except you added the banking and two affidavits.

we dont' have a joint account not sure if we can get one since he is still in morocco??? Anyway we got our NOA1 3 days after reciept. And yes send it to the Chicago lock box.

You can ask just about any question here there are some Amazing people here who know some great stuff. Alot of "been-there-done-that" talk so read, research and so far most of us are in agreement with you about the lawyer...unless you have a complicated case it appears most can be done on your own.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am new to this site and recently filed the I-130 to bring my wife to the states. I wanted to know how long it will take before the case goes to the NVC. Below is my timelime of what has happened so far. Please help. Also I would appreciate any tips as far as speeding the process or getting ready for the next steps which I am unsure of rather then it goes to the NVC at some point where it gets finalized.

5/15/2008 - Sent the I-130 application

5/16/2008 - Chicago received the application

5/23/2008 - Check Cashed

5/27/2008 - I-797C came in the mail (Notice date 5/21/2008

5/28/2008 - Status entered online

I-30 JOURNEY

5-21-2008: NOA1

12-18-2008: NOA2

12-29-2008: NVC received Case/Case # assigned

1-5-2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed

1-8-2009: Emailed DS-3032

1-12-2009: Paid AOS Bill

1-13-2009: AOS shows PAID

1-13-2009: DS-3032 Accepted

1-13-2009: IV Bill Generated

1-13-2009: IV Bill Paid

1-14-2009: IV Bill shows PAID

1-20-2009: Sent AOS Packet

1-21-2009: Sent IV Packet

1-23-2009: NVC scanned both AOS/IV

1-29-2009: CASE COMPLETE

3-02-2009: First Medical

3-09-2009: Second Medical (Albania requires 2)

3-11-2009: INTERVIEW (PASSED!!!)

3-13-2009: Received VISA!!!

Fixed.

that must've been awful.. you were so close then you had to START ALL OVER AGAIN!!! but at least you know what to do and what not to do.. we will make you our resident expert.. hehehe...

Fixed.

all the laughing in our posts lately sounds like we're having a good time... that's great! "induced" I like the statement.. but how do you "induce" more touching... and yeah I am talking about our petitions :innocent:

we can harass them with phone call, Rajaa.. that will induce the touching.. hahaha.. but don't do that.. they will just get even madder and will never touch our petitions ever!

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am new to this site and recently filed the I-130 to bring my wife to the states. I wanted to know how long it will take before the case goes to the NVC. Below is my timelime of what has happened so far. Please help. Also I would appreciate any tips as far as speeding the process or getting ready for the next steps which I am unsure of rather then it goes to the NVC at some point where it gets finalized.

5/15/2008 - Sent the I-130 application

5/16/2008 - Chicago received the application

5/23/2008 - Check Cashed

5/27/2008 - I-797C came in the mail (Notice date 5/21/2008

5/28/2008 - Status entered online

I-30 JOURNEY

5-21-2008: NOA1

12-18-2008: NOA2

12-29-2008: NVC received Case/Case # assigned

1-5-2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed

1-8-2009: Emailed DS-3032

1-12-2009: Paid AOS Bill

1-13-2009: AOS shows PAID

1-13-2009: DS-3032 Accepted

1-13-2009: IV Bill Generated

1-13-2009: IV Bill Paid

1-14-2009: IV Bill shows PAID

1-20-2009: Sent AOS Packet

1-21-2009: Sent IV Packet

1-23-2009: NVC scanned both AOS/IV

1-29-2009: CASE COMPLETE

3-02-2009: First Medical

3-09-2009: Second Medical (Albania requires 2)

3-11-2009: INTERVIEW (PASSED!!!)

3-13-2009: Received VISA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.