nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Great job with the spreadsheet!

Hey, the spreadsheet is great, i wanted to give you my timeline incase it might help.

I-130 sent 12-26-07

received NOA1 2/6/08

04/05/08 touched

04/08/08 touched

05/25/08 touched

05/27/08 touched

we are petitioning from Colombia and our case is at the vermont service.

hello chelen07! welcome to this thread! but I can't add you to our tracker at this time since we are just trying to track APRIL/MAY filers.. but you are most welcome to join in our "fun!" :wacko: keep us updated.. you have been in the waiting game longer than we have and will probably provide more insight as soon as you get your NOA2. your case has been "touched" a lot so I'm thinking that's a good sign..

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hello folks,

apparently we all are in the same boat...waiting for our beloved wives and husbands. hopefully checking and interacting with you all will help make this time go by quicker. I just filed my application yesterday (May 27, 08) to the Chicago Lockbox. I am very confused about this process and have spoken to two lawyers already but it just seems to be a waste of time and money. I was wondering if I can get some advise or share some experiences/opinions with like minded people. Can anyone tell me if i filed correctly? I sent the following with my I-130 application:

 Application form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

 Application fee of $355 (Three Hundred and Fifty Five Dollars only).

 Evidence of my United States citizenship (copies of all pages of my US passport and a copy of my Naturalization certificate).

 Copy of our Marriage Certificate.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of myself.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of my wife.

 Bank Statement showing joint ownership of a bank account to state co-mingling of financial assets.

 An affidavit from the bank stating the satisfactory conduct of our joint bank account.

 Two affidavits affirmed by third parties who have personal knowledge of the bona fides of our marital relationship.

I filed with the appropriate Chicago box (even though i have read in a few places that it needs to be filed at a service center. The USCIS website clearly states that it needs to be sent to Chicago)

Also, did I need to send our marriage pics? ( I did not do that as it wasnt requested in the instructions)

What is my next step?

Do you recommend taking the K-3 route?

If anyone can answer my long and crazy bunch of questions...I would really appreciate it...

Thanks everyone for your time and I hope to interact with you all...

First of all let me be the first to welcome you to VJ and to the May filers group Cr-1....... ok I have to say you did everything I did except you added the banking and two affidavits.

we dont' have a joint account not sure if we can get one since he is still in morocco??? Anyway we got our NOA1 3 days after reciept. And yes send it to the Chicago lock box.

You can ask just about any question here there are some Amazing people here who know some great stuff. Alot of "been-there-done-that" talk so read, research and so far most of us are in agreement with you about the lawyer...unless you have a complicated case it appears most can be done on your own.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

thanks Rajaa. Could you or the moderator add me to your tracking spreadsheet. i just file yesterday. ill keep you guys posted when the NOA1 arrives in the mail. Thanks!

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

hello folks,

apparently we all are in the same boat...waiting for our beloved wives and husbands. hopefully checking and interacting with you all will help make this time go by quicker. I just filed my application yesterday (May 27, 08) to the Chicago Lockbox. I am very confused about this process and have spoken to two lawyers already but it just seems to be a waste of time and money. I was wondering if I can get some advise or share some experiences/opinions with like minded people. Can anyone tell me if i filed correctly? I sent the following with my I-130 application:

 Application form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

 Application fee of $355 (Three Hundred and Fifty Five Dollars only).

 Evidence of my United States citizenship (copies of all pages of my US passport and a copy of my Naturalization certificate).

 Copy of our Marriage Certificate.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of myself.

 Form G-325A and a passport-style color photograph of my wife.

 Bank Statement showing joint ownership of a bank account to state co-mingling of financial assets.

 An affidavit from the bank stating the satisfactory conduct of our joint bank account.

 Two affidavits affirmed by third parties who have personal knowledge of the bona fides of our marital relationship.

I filed with the appropriate Chicago box (even though i have read in a few places that it needs to be filed at a service center. The USCIS website clearly states that it needs to be sent to Chicago)

Also, did I need to send our marriage pics? ( I did not do that as it wasnt requested in the instructions)

What is my next step?

Do you recommend taking the K-3 route?

If anyone can answer my long and crazy bunch of questions...I would really appreciate it...

Thanks everyone for your time and I hope to interact with you all...

hello cmnb! welcome! sounds like you have sent all that you needed to send. We didn't have any joint bank accounts to speak of so that was not included.. and I didn't send in an affidavit of third parties either (hmm.. should have I sent it?? :o ).. all I came up with are a couple of wedding pics.. my passport stamps of all the years of me coming back and forth since 2001, including the honeymoon. I sent selected cell phone bills showing that we text each other like a billioin times a day and selected phone bills for when I would call him or he'd call me. If i get an RFE because those proofs weren't enough, then so be it.

about the K3 route, a lot of people have gone that way. Most depends on how fast the embassy in the beneficiary's country processes the petition. For me, it is my last resort. With K3, as soon as your spouse arrives, they will have to apply for Adjustment of Status because their visa is a NONIMMIGRANT one, just like the fiance visa. With CR1 (I-130), they will come here already an IMMIGRANT. don't know if I'm explaining all that too well..

but if you don't mind all that adjustment blah blah and just want them here fast, then consider the K3. but also, check out VERMONT SERVICE CENTER's stats on the K3 approvals...

and by the way, you are in the tracker already.. :thumbs:

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline

thanks thirdsjen. the reason i sent the affidavits and opened a joint account was because it was mentioned in the instructions. see below:

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:

E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

This was on page 2 of the instructions.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Please add my timeline to your spreadsheet

Sent I-130 petition to Chicago lockbox on 05/22/08 (express mail)

Delivered to Chicago lockbox on 05/23/08

Waiting for NOA1 to file I-129F petition (K3)

I have also send everything that cmnb has mentioned in his post except passport photocopy & affidavit from bank. I would also like to make one recommendation for would be filler to send your photographs in a protactive plastic cover.

Besides money, are there any disadvantages to filing K3? I was under the impresson that I-130 & K3 petition are independent and we have a choice to choose which ever is approved first.

Could someone please look into I-130 sample form posted here on VJ website and look into quetion # 17 under "Information about your alien relative (continued)" section -- Is this correct or did they make a typo here. In my opinion this information is about your alien spouse who is not a US citizen.

Thanks everyone

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

yeah.. those are either/or's.. so submit one or two of those and you will be fine..

don't need to worry, looks like you sent in what they asked you to send. Me, i just sent this: J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

I have also send everything that cmnb has mentioned in his post except passport photocopy & affidavit from bank. I would also like to make one recommendation for would be filler to send your photographs in a protactive plastic cover.

Besides money, are there any disadvantages to filing K3? I was under the impresson that I-130 & K3 petition are independent and we have a choice to choose which ever is approved first.

Could someone please look into I-130 sample form posted here on VJ website and look into quetion # 17 under "Information about your alien relative (continued)" section -- Is this correct or did they make a typo here. In my opinion this information is about your alien spouse who is not a US citizen.

Thanks everyone

welcome mindmaster! just put you in the tracker..

i didn't know about this website when i sent my I-130 so no plastic anything for my pics..

and about the two, to my understanding, if both are approved, then most always send in the K3. if your I-130 was approved first and you want the K3, I think you can just wait for the K3 NOA2 and just ignore the CR1, and vice versa. but then mine are just speculations.. don't listen to me. lets just wait for everybody else's opinion on this.. :blush:

OH MY GOSH! i have never seen their example forms.. i put N/A on mine since he doesn't have any other spouse but me! that's weird. i don't get it...

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Timeline

hi mindmaster,

just saw the flag on your profile... :yes: appears as if your spouse is in india as well. are you going to be filing from New Delhi?

God...this blog is so addicting and has some excellent information :thumbs:

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Thanks everyone

welcome mindmaster! just put you in the tracker..

i didn't know about this website when i sent my I-130 so no plastic anything for my pics..

and about the two, to my understanding, if both are approved, then most always send in the K3. if your I-130 was approved first and you want the K3, I think you can just wait for the K3 NOA2 and just ignore the CR1, and vice versa. but then mine are just speculations.. don't listen to me. lets just wait for everybody else's opinion on this.. :blush:

OH MY GOSH! i have never seen their example forms.. i put N/A on mine since he doesn't have any other spouse but me! that's weird. i don't get it...

if your CR-1 gets approved before the K-3 gets approved, you can simply send in a letter to USCIS and tell them that you dont wish to proceed with K-3. Afterall, why would you pursue K-3 when your spouse will have a CR-1 (green card/immigrant status) in hand and that would save you time, money and all the hassle of fling adjustment of status, work permit etc. etc.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
hi mindmaster,

just saw the flag on your profile... :yes: appears as if your spouse is in india as well. are you going to be filing from New Delhi?

Yes that is the plan now but all options are open at the moment now that is to file for inventor EB3 visa, religious visa R1 (just kidding) ... I just don't have patience to wait for USCIS dicision.

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

hi mindmaster,

Yes that is the plan now but all options are open at the moment now that is to file for inventor EB3 visa, religious visa R1 (just kidding) ... I just don't have patience to wait for USCIS dicision.

:lol:

I-130 Timeline:

NVC Timeline:

US Embassy in Manila:

Life in America:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I have filed I-130. Does anyone know if, having been in the military and having veteran status, it will speed up the process?

I-30 JOURNEY

5-21-2008: NOA1

12-18-2008: NOA2

12-29-2008: NVC received Case/Case # assigned

1-5-2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed

1-8-2009: Emailed DS-3032

1-12-2009: Paid AOS Bill

1-13-2009: AOS shows PAID

1-13-2009: DS-3032 Accepted

1-13-2009: IV Bill Generated

1-13-2009: IV Bill Paid

1-14-2009: IV Bill shows PAID

1-20-2009: Sent AOS Packet

1-21-2009: Sent IV Packet

1-23-2009: NVC scanned both AOS/IV

1-29-2009: CASE COMPLETE

3-02-2009: First Medical

3-09-2009: Second Medical (Albania requires 2)

3-11-2009: INTERVIEW (PASSED!!!)

3-13-2009: Received VISA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have filed I-130. Does anyone know if, having been in the military and having veteran status, it will speed up the process?

I was also in the military, TS clearance and did my tours all over but alas I was told they look at my spouse not me!!! bummer since I was MI i thought maybe they would understand the judge of charactor i am but than again it is MI...lol anyway good luck and I hope for our sake it helps but I dont' think so.

Best of wishes...and help us out and put a timeline as your autograph as well.... helps us when we're checking out similarities

I too am addicted to the site.... and I just started the process too so I feel I'll be a pro sooner than later.

Off to start my new job.... I'll be back after work to check up on you'all

TTFN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Good luck on the new job. The following is my timeline.

5/15/2008 - Sent the I-130 application

5/16/2008 - Chicago received the application

5/23/2008 - Check Cashed

5/27/2008 - I-797C came in the mail (Notice date 5/21/2008

5/28/2008 - Status entered online

I-30 JOURNEY

5-21-2008: NOA1

12-18-2008: NOA2

12-29-2008: NVC received Case/Case # assigned

1-5-2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed

1-8-2009: Emailed DS-3032

1-12-2009: Paid AOS Bill

1-13-2009: AOS shows PAID

1-13-2009: DS-3032 Accepted

1-13-2009: IV Bill Generated

1-13-2009: IV Bill Paid

1-14-2009: IV Bill shows PAID

1-20-2009: Sent AOS Packet

1-21-2009: Sent IV Packet

1-23-2009: NVC scanned both AOS/IV

1-29-2009: CASE COMPLETE

3-02-2009: First Medical

3-09-2009: Second Medical (Albania requires 2)

3-11-2009: INTERVIEW (PASSED!!!)

3-13-2009: Received VISA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

LOL

I could not explain that induced touch any better.

Yes this forum is addictive! Every night I have to literally force myself to sleep only because I end up refreshing page waiting for a response. Yes thirdsjen I Have 'been there done that' and I will be more than happy to help you all with queries.

As for people with Military background getting any help, there is another expert on this forum on this subject. Browse through the list of topics and you'll come across something useful. If not then you can always post here and get your answers.

Till then...enjoy the touches!

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.