Eli the Barrowboy

Nightmare about Interview

19 posts in this topic

The pressure is getting to me folks ...

I had a dream last night that I forgot something to take to the interview. I got into the Embassy Ok but couldn't get through into the next area where the interviews were taking place because I didn't have said document. I was thinking "all I need to do is get in there and I'm sorted". It was like one of those dreams where you are running but can't get anywhere and feel helpless.

I didn't think I was THAT stressed out about it ...

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I had a dream last night that I forgot something to take to the interview. I got into the Embassy Ok but couldn't get through into the next area where the interviews were taking place because I didn't have said document. I was thinking "all I need to do is get in there and I'm sorted". It was like one of those dreams where you are running but can't get anywhere and feel helpless.

R

Lol Ed you will be fine, she says burying her head lol

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

i couldn't sleep properly the week before my interview. I really didn't put myself down as the worrying type, but magically the day after my interview I slept fine! I guess they may have been related ;)

The UK Wiki

Yeah, I had one last night that we couldn't find the Embassy. Every time we turned a corner it was the same street we just came off of. I don't think I can handle two weeks of this with a quick trip over to the States thrown into the middle of it all. The men with the white coats and the rubber rooms are going to be getting me soon. :wacko:

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

R

Good luck with your interview, ours is on 27th as well. :thumbs:

Good luck with your interview, ours is on 27th as well. :thumbs:

And good luck to you too.

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

Mine is tommorow and dont feel the slightest bit nervous but im sure that will change.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

R

I had the exact same dreams, that I'd get there and they'd tell me I'd forgotten something, and would get a big fat denied. I must have checked a thousand times the week before that I had everything, and in the end it turned out that I took way more stuff than I needed.

You will be fine. I'm a terrible worrier and really wind myself up about everything, and my interview was fine. I was only in the embassy about an hour, everyone was really friendly...

Good Luck, and easier said than done but try not to worry :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes the night before my interview, I dreamed of being late..

With the approval rate at the London embassy, chances are you're fine. From my DF's experience when he went in for the interview he saw the file and it already had an approved stamp on it, so it sounds like they usually make their decision beforehand.

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

I had a nightmare when I went back to sleep after getting up and sending Damian off to the interview. It seemed so real I dreamed I got a text from him saying he was denied. It wasn't a long nightmare but I woke up not knowing if it really happened or not!

But you'll be fine.. Good Luck at the Interview .. Can't wait to hear the great news!!

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

With the approval rate at the London embassy, chances are you're fine. From my DF's experience when he went in for the interview he saw the file and it already had an approved stamp on it, so it sounds like they usually make their decision beforehand.

That was probably the I-129F that had approved on it. I saw my I-130 with approved on it at my interview, but my actual visa was not approved.

The UK Wiki

I had a bit of a nightmare today ...

In the rush to get Packet 3 back I put down on one of the attached sheets that I was in the USa from July 2006 to August 2007. What it was meant to read was July 2006 to August 2006.

Now, I got work to write me a letter saying I was away from July 2006 to August 2006, I have passport stamps in, and other stamps in to the US from April 2007 and July 2007. I also have bank statements showing all my USA withdrawals at the time and then the Irish/UK ones starting the day I came back. I also amended the page with a note of explanation below.

I entered the US on a (still) valid journalist visa so even if I had been there for 13 months I would have been there legally but still, it's not a nice feeling and I'm glad I saw it now rather than on Tuesday morning in the Embassy!!!

Can anyone advice on more supporting evidence to overrule the error?

I can be such a klutz at times.

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That was probably the I-129F that had approved on it. I saw my I-130 with approved on it at my interview, but my actual visa was not approved.

That could be...I am just repeating hearsay B)

wtf-picard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.