86 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I do sure hope that something will happen soon. I was so depressed today when I looked at the VSC processing time and almost ran out of work and drive to Vermont. I called the service center to get some answers and all I got was more frustration and no answer. Please let something come soon. I have already contacted both my senator and congressman (again) to get help and answer to the situation. I don't know if I will hear anything from them but your news give some hope that progress may come soon.

Thank you, Paris! I know you guys have been waiting for at least 2 months longer than I have. But I was getting scared about those long waiting periods. Because I'm trying to guess when my case is going to be processed so I can organize my life! Now I have a little more hope that my wait is not going to be thaaaat long! Hope they approve you guys quick, so they can move on and process my case too!!!!

;)

Listen guys, for some reason after being on the phone with this man, who took almost 50 minutes with me 50 minutes, I trust what he told me, and I do not trust many people in my life. I have hope again, and there is one of you guys out there that understands me of losing hope that I lost it, and now its renewed. Please guys its coming.

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I do sure hope that something will happen soon. I was so depressed today when I looked at the VSC processing time and almost ran out of work and drive to Vermont. I called the service center to get some answers and all I got was more frustration and no answer. Please let something come soon. I have already contacted both my senator and congressman (again) to get help and answer to the situation. I don't know if I will hear anything from them but your news give some hope that progress may come soon.

Thank you, Paris! I know you guys have been waiting for at least 2 months longer than I have. But I was getting scared about those long waiting periods. Because I'm trying to guess when my case is going to be processed so I can organize my life! Now I have a little more hope that my wait is not going to be thaaaat long! Hope they approve you guys quick, so they can move on and process my case too!!!!

;)

Listen guys, for some reason after being on the phone with this man, who took almost 50 minutes with me 50 minutes, I trust what he told me, and I do not trust many people in my life. I have hope again, and there is one of you guys out there that understands me of losing hope that I lost it, and now its renewed. Please guys its coming.

I'm sorry but i lost hope a long time ago. One officers word means nothing to me.

I'm glad that this brings hope to some of you, but for me(waiting over 310 days) it will take much more to restore my hope.

My congressman calls Vermont 2 times a week for me only to be told the same thing.

"the case is awaiting a decision"

well great!! then approve it already!!

HOPEfully soon.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage : 2006-12-13

AOS

I-485 & EAD Sent : 2008-11-07

NOA : 2008-11-24

Biometrics appt.: 2008-12-11

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

;)

I'm sorry but i lost hope a long time ago. One officers word means nothing to me.

I'm glad that this brings hope to some of you, but for me(waiting over 310 days) it will take much more to restore my hope.

My congressman calls Vermont 2 times a week for me only to be told the same thing.

HOPEfully soon.

Also, if you ask the wrong question, then misapply the answer, you learn nothing. So far, the short answers you've given seem to be meaningless gibberish.

Just why do you think you were talking to an "officer" and that he was at VSC?

When you provide more details, please accurately report both the questions and the answers rather than just your conclusions. You've concluded dead wrong before.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

;)

HOPEfully soon.

Also, if you ask the wrong question, then misapply the answer, you learn nothing. So far, the short answers you've given seem to be meaningless gibberish.

When you provide more details, please accurately report both the questions and the answers rather than just your conclusions. You've concluded dead wrong before.

Folks,

Look, I know my reporting is not professional, but all I can say. someone who I.D. himslef as a officer, was kind enough to take his time and speak to me and to help me. This gave me a world of hope, something which I lost and was ready to forget it all and make a new life in a strange country and give up my life as I knew it. I can not explain it, but to me this hope, is almost as good to me as a approval. I was lucky enough to find a human who understood my frustrations, and answered my questions without bird dogging around . To me this give me hope, Im sorry this does ot help or give anyone else hope. Im sorry. So as long as this feeling last, I feel like Im alive again, and I will live with that for now. Maybe is was all garbage, to me, someone was nice enough to at least talk to me like a human and treat me with respect, and from what Ive heard, most who have talked to USCIS was not treated very nice. I feel like I was lucky, and if Im living in my own little world, well then fine, cause I feel alive for a change and not depressed anymore. I will take this feeling while it lasts, cause the way I was going, it was not healthy. I feel like I can move forward, cause all I was doing was stepping backwards. To each their own. Hope means a lot to a person who has lost all hope. I wish everyone the very best. I need a break from all of this, while I still have some bit of hope and happiness inside of me. Just dont give up hope. Good evening and good bye.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

;)

HOPEfully soon.

Folks,

Look, I know my reporting is not professional, but all I can say. someone who I.D. himslef as a officer, was kind enough to take his time and speak to me and to help me. This gave me a world of hope, something which I lost and was ready to forget it all and make a new life in a strange country and give up my life as I knew it. I can not explain it, but to me this hope, is almost as good to me as a approval. I was lucky enough to find a human who understood my frustrations, and answered my questions without bird dogging around . To me this give me hope, Im sorry this does ot help or give anyone else hope. Im sorry. So as long as this feeling last, I feel like Im alive again, and I will live with that for now. Maybe is was all garbage, to me, someone was nice enough to at least talk to me like a human and treat me with respect, and from what Ive heard, most who have talked to USCIS was not treated very nice. I feel like I was lucky, and if Im living in my own little world, well then fine, cause I feel alive for a change and not depressed anymore. I will take this feeling while it lasts, cause the way I was going, it was not healthy. I feel like I can move forward, cause all I was doing was stepping backwards. To each their own. Hope means a lot to a person who has lost all hope. I wish everyone the very best. I need a break from all of this, while I still have some bit of hope and happiness inside of me. Just dont give up hope. Good evening and good bye.

Come on now. You reported that you were going to have some good information for people. You feeling good and hopeful is wonderful but what you promised was information.

You can say a lot more if you're willing to do so.

What did you do to get through to this person? Please be specific.

What questions did you ask? Please be as specific as you can.

What answers did you get in return? Please be as specific as you can.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah Im dying for some info

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Paris, from what you heard the officer say... do you think that when he said something about "#2 They are told to process what they are told to They too are not happy about K1 all the time either." he meant to say that his boss told all the officers to work on k1 only for now?

Oh! That's so not fair! I hope this is not a rule or something. Come on! I think marriage should be more important than engagement if you know what I mean... Of course the engaged couples love their fiances too... but... Well... who cares?! We're all on the same boat.

Yeah Im dying for some info

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

when you get a chance, can you go into a little more detail as to what was said? i'm still anxious to hear more..

TIMELINE(CR1)

10-15-03 -- Met Future Wife

12-10-07 -- Married

-USCIS-

01-10-08 -- Mailed I-130 to VSC

01-14-08 -- NOA1 Received

02-11-08 -- NOA1 Notice Date

02-15-08 -- Received Hard Copy

02-24-08 -- Touch(Updated Into System)

08-22-08 -- Touch(Transferred to CSC)

08-25-08 -- Touch

08-27-08 -- Touch(Received at CSC)

08-28-08 -- Touch

08-29-08 -- Touch

09-16-08 -- NOA2

NVC(Using Loto's Guide)

09-23-08 - NVC Received File and NVC case number assigned.

09-25-08 - DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

09-25-08 - E-Mail DS-3032

10-03-08 - Pay I-864 Bill (Online)

10-04-08 - I-864 generated

10-06-08 - Overnight I-864

10-06-08 - IV Bill generated

10-06-08 - Pay IV Bill(Online)

10-07-00 - DS-230 generated

10-07-08 - Overnight DS-230

00-00-08- Case Completed at NVC

Consulate

Almost There!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks Paris

Lets keep hope alive

Pecky

MARRIED ON 8/31/07

VERMONT

OCTOBER 2007-------------I-130 SENT
OCTOBER 10,2007 -------- I-130 RECV IN VERMONT
JANUARY 10, 2008----------RECEIVED NOA1
FEBUARY 24, 2008-----------ASE SEEN ON LINE@USCIS
AUGUST 12,2008------------ CASE SENT TO CSC

CSC
AUGUST 12, 2008-----------CASE SENT TO CSC
AUGUST 13,2008------------ TOUCHED
AUGUST 15, 2008----------- TOUCHED
AUGUST 20, 2008----------- TOUCHED
AUGUST 21, 2008-------------TOUCHED
AUGUST 22, 2008--------------APPROVED (CSC)--THANK YOU LORD

NVC
AUGUST 27, 2008-----------HARD COPY RECEIVED
AUGUST 28, 2008-------------NVC RECEIVED FILE. NVC CASE # ISSUED

Sept 18 ----------Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :
Sept 19 ---------Paid I-864 Bill on line
Sept 20-----------Paid IV bill on line
Sept 22----------AOS bill read "paid" on line
Sept 24----------IV bill read "paid" on line
Sept 26----------Mailed AOS/IV bill via express mail
Oct. 10---------- Case Completed at NVC

Interview Date : February 18, 2009
Visa Received :
US Entry: March 2009

10 year green card: Received March 2012

I know what you mean by being relieved just by talking to a human there Paris. It is difficult being helpless and basically ignored while separated from the loved ones, and sometime a kind word can make the wait at least feel much shorter and easier. This process felt to me as a second 'growing up' and discovering that the world around me isn't that concerned with me, and accepting the fact that there is no justice or happy end guaranteed. What we have is a constant fight, and only in our happy moments we might feel some kind of brotherhood that's worth something. I realized that the government will do whatever it (thinks) can get away with, regardless what the social/economical model of the society is. We have a bunch of very smart and important people in Vermont or higher up deciding that our applications, families, and lives are not that important. That has to change and emailing some complaints won't cut it, what we need is media attention, look how they squealed when New York Times told it as it is. Imagine ABC News showing it primetime. There wouldn't be any July/September/October filers still waiting for approval within a few days.

By definition, a government has no conscience. Sometimes it has a policy, but nothing more.

Albert Camus

This sucks more than anything else has ever sucked before.

An October 2007 I-130, I-129F filer.

Should've played the Green Card Lottery instead - it's less random and more reliable.

"Inflammable means flammable???!!! What a country!" - Dr. Nick :)

For those who wanted to know how to get ahold of an officer at VSC... here it goes... i encourage all of you to do the same thing Paris did. but PLEASE!!!

GET THE DAMN OFFICER ID and NAME and just in case 2-3 months from now, people can come back to this website and write a "Officer## told me this, officer # told me this, officer # told me this... etc and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED! So what is the truth" letter to their congressmen, Ombudsman, whoever... When all of us VSC filers write letters like that people start thinking a little differently, you're no longer a distressed, frustrated SO, now you have proof, dates and facts that match up with what your're claiming.

Just in case...

Please use these steps to get connected directly to an immigration officer at the VERMONT SERVICE CENTER. call after 10am and before 4:30pm

Call the 1-800 number.

Option 1,

Option 2,

Option 2,

Option 6,

Option 1,

ENTER I129F (K3) receipt number

Option 1,

Option 3, Wait for "If our system"

Option 4,

this will connect you to an officer at VSC

Then grill them for information AND POST!

I know what you mean by being relieved just by talking to a human there Paris. It is difficult being helpless and basically ignored while separated from the loved ones, and sometime a kind word can make the wait at least feel much shorter and easier. This process felt to me as a second 'growing up' and discovering that the world around me isn't that concerned with me, and accepting the fact that there is no justice or happy end guaranteed. What we have is a constant fight, and only in our happy moments we might feel some kind of brotherhood that's worth something. I realized that the government will do whatever it (thinks) can get away with, regardless what the social/economical model of the society is. We have a bunch of very smart and important people in Vermont or higher up deciding that our applications, families, and lives are not that important. That has to change and emailing some complaints won't cut it, what we need is media attention, look how they squealed when New York Times told it as it is. Imagine ABC News showing it primetime. There wouldn't be any July/September/October filers still waiting for approval within a few days.

By definition, a government has no conscience. Sometimes it has a policy, but nothing more.

Albert Camus

CR1

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-19

Touched : 2008-09-26

Touched : 2008-09-27(they work on saturdays?)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-29

222 DAYS

CR2 (Our)daughter

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-27

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

89 DAYS

K3

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-29

173 DAYS

~~~NVC~~~

10-01-2008 NVC Case Recieved/Numbers Assigned

10-02-2008 NVC IIN Numbers Acquired after 14 tries. (take the "call after 10p" tup) it WORKS

10-04-2008 Paid AOS $70 AND sent DS-3032 by email (.pdf) and by MAIL

10-08-2008 AOS SHOWED AS PAID - AOS Docs Sent out

10-08-2008 IV FEE GENERATED then PAID

10-08-2008 SDQ CONSULATE GRANTS EXPEDITE REQUEST AND REQUESTS CASE

10-27-2008 SDQ INFORMS MY WIFE, TO PICK UP "OPEN INTERVIEW" PAPERS

10-28-2008 INTERVIEW PAPERS AND MEDICAL INST. RECIEVED

10-29-2008 MEDICAL DONE

11-04-2008 MEDICAL RESULTS RECIEVED

11-05-2008 INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

#-#-#### VISA/PASSPORT(S) RECEIVED

#-#-#### POE

TOTAL DAYS FORM PETITION TO INTERVIEW-260 DAYS or 8 months, 17 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Did he look up your SPECIFIC case? Did that generate a touch?? ;-)

;)

HOPEfully soon.

Folks,

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Paris, thanks for taking the time to call and get information for all of us. I am glad to see that you are feeling hopeful and have a positive demeanor once more. However, fact of the matter is that VSC has turned several us very sour and I, myself, am of those. I am skeptic by nature and although your information has provided some, minute hope, I will believe the words of this particular officer once I receive my approval. Till then I will be praying and counting the days, till I can actually escalate this damn issue - I am very close to the 180 day mark.

Sorry for being so sour and such a skeptic, but I will believe once I see results. I really hope they are coming soon!

Thanks for the post.

-Fahad

#1 Things are going to change in processing, our time is coming very, very very soon.

#4 TOUCHES ARE A GOOD THING, means processing has began on file. And even if no touches seen, does not mean the case has not been

looked at, touches last update means nothing. "For example he pulled up my cases, and it shows no touches for today." NO LIE!!!

Paris, thanks for sharing your information about your call. Since I cannot call from abroad, this is interesting.

If I may ask, since our case got touched on the exact same dates as yours, what did he say specifically about the touches? What are they processing exactly?

Did he say anything about touches on the 129F for K-3 and the rumor that these petitions are no longer handled at VCS (I cannot figure out why touch them if they are dead paperweight)?

And also, when this person said things are going to change in processing, and our time is coming very soon, what did he mean precisely?

Did they get instructions to (finally) start working on the spousal visas again?

Did he give a more precise timeframe (is it a matter of weeks or months)?

Thanks for clarifying this and do hope you are right.

Cat

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Paris Heart, thank you for taking time and effort to post. Regardless of what one may think, you are providing us some hope and for that I appreciate your effort. Understandably, anyone that is still waiting in this crazy game is in a state of mind filled frustration; but at least you have given us an avenue to temporarily relieve that frustration. This forum was designed to share information and that's what you did! God forbid that USCIS will ever provide concrete information. It is through people like you and others that are able to contribute pieces and bits of data you've gathered and shared among the community are we able to piece some of the puzzle together and form some sort of information that we can decide on. If there were credible information provided by USCIS, we won't have a need for a community such as this. For now, hats off to all the contributors out there willing to share what little data they have with everyone!!

Good luck (and I emphasize this word because that's what it is at the moment) everyone!! I am hoping for some luck!!

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.