how do you make yourself...unsad???

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

I want life to be easier.

I want light at the end of the tunnel.

What are some things you guys do so that you are still "living life" instead of just being sad and miserable like me????

I used to talk to my husband on the phone but that just makes me even sadder the next morning...so....

any ideas??????????? :(

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

What are some things you guys do so that you are still "living life" instead of just being sad and miserable like me????

I used to talk to my husband on the phone but that just makes me even sadder the next morning...so....

shrewdgal.

I know how you feel, there are many of us in the same boat. I wish I could cheer you up, I understand, I to feel like I stopped living. Just try to keep doing daily things to keep you busy, and the idea of a funny movie is a good idea. Just remember one thing, that which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.

Keep faith Hon.

Paris Heart

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Timeline
So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

Girl,

Cut that out. You're going to make me BAWLLLLLLL :crying:. Don't stop talking to your hubby every morning (that should make you more determine). I know you're STRONGER than that. You've helped me over a HILL, please use those same words to help you over this hill. Don't be sad and miserable...that was me a few months ago and you got me past that. Think of something nice, something that brings you joy...the Lord will provide. Dang...SHREW...now you've done it :crying: ...

Love you girl...keep the faith

Lawny

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

While I missed Andre, I was not totally dependent on him for my happiness. I had my own life. I worked 2 jobs. I made cards and scrapbooks in my spare time. I spent time with my kids. I spent time with family and friends.

And, I NEVER EVER checked the progress of the visa more then once a week. I just let it take it's course. When I found out, I found out. I really believe this is what saved my sanity.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Try your best to focus on the future, you will only be apart from him temporarily. I know it seems like a very long time, but once he's in the US it will seem far away. When we were waiting on our K1 we talked almost everyday (even though it did make us sad some days). I also made sure not to stay in and sulk. I spent more time with my friends it was a nice distraction. Plus once he got here there was so much to do that I didn't have time to spend with my friends (besides phone calls) for a few months. I also got involved in other projects & activities, I started exercising. Nothing major, just walking on the treadmill while I watched LOST (run during the commercials). lol. Develop a small routine thats important to you thats not centered on waiting for the phone to ring, or making a call to your hubby. I think its just important to do something that you enjoy and stick to it. Get a new book, maybe do something new in your city (visit a park, museum, etc.) Try a new restaurant, see a new movie.

My hubby always says that because things started out rough for us in the beginning our ending will be sweet. Believe that its true.

(F)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

All there is to do is not think about your family member. Nothing else there is to do to help the sadness. Unless you start to turn to booze etc....

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

While I missed Andre, I was not totally dependent on him for my happiness. I had my own life. I worked 2 jobs. I made cards and scrapbooks in my spare time. I spent time with my kids. I spent time with family and friends.

And, I NEVER EVER checked the progress of the visa more then once a week. I just let it take it's course. When I found out, I found out. I really believe this is what saved my sanity.

Yep! That's what kept me from pulling out all my EYELASHES....besides other things. It's funny I hadn't checked it for almost 3 weeks (though tempted) and that Thursday I checked saw that it was touched then I got the approval e-mail a few hours later.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
All there is to do is not think about your family member. Nothing else there is to do to help the sadness. Unless you start to turn to booze etc....

Soda just came out of my nose!

Yep! That's what kept me from pulling out all my EYELASHES....besides other things. It's funny I hadn't checked it for almost 3 weeks (though tempted) and that Thursday I checked saw that it was touched then I got the approval e-mail a few hours later.

I have heard you say, Shredie, that you sometimes check 5 or 6 times a day. Not only is that not doing a darn thing in moving the visa along, it's driving you crazy.

You really do need to focus on something else.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
use yahoo chat .

U can see ur husband and talk as well. :thumbs:

I wish!! my husband lives in the bush of Jamaica without internet or a computer..we dont even have a TV... :lol:

So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

Girl,

Cut that out. You're going to make me BAWLLLLLLL :crying:. Don't stop talking to your hubby every morning (that should make you more determine). I know you're STRONGER than that. You've helped me over a HILL, please use those same words to help you over this hill. Don't be sad and miserable...that was me a few months ago and you got me past that. Think of something nice, something that brings you joy...the Lord will provide. Dang...SHREW...now you've done it :crying: ...

Lawny

I did????? :blink:

what did I say?? maybe that will help... :lol:

gollee, I never check online... I just wait for the email..and it never comes. hahaha

i try to scrapbook (even before I met marsh) and I just get bored with it... but I keep meaning to make one for the "photo documentation" portion of the interview folder.....but I keep forgetting! thanks for reminding me JG!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Oh, Shrewdie, you help many people feel better with the kind words you always say.

use yahoo chat .

I wish!! my husband lives in the bush of Jamaica without internet or a computer..we dont even have a TV... :lol:

So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

Girl,

Lawny

gollee, I never check online... I just wait for the email..and it never comes. hahaha

i try to scrapbook (even before I met marsh) and I just get bored with it... but I keep meaning to make one for the "photo documentation" portion of the interview folder.....but I keep forgetting! thanks for reminding me JG!

There you go.

I sent scrapbooks with Andre to the interview. The guy was really impressed with how well we had preserved our memories.

You really need to keep up with it, Shrewdie. In the end, our memories are really all we have left......and, if we can't remember them, at least we can look, read what we wrote, and enjoy!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Soda just came out of my nose!

I have heard you say, Shredie, that you sometimes check 5 or 6 times a day. Not only is that not doing a darn thing in moving the visa along, it's driving you crazy.

You really do need to focus on something else.

no. I check VISAJourney that many times a day.

I never check online because I figure i will just get an email..

I DO however check my email that many times a day b/c its m work email...like a silly person I sent it there so I could see it...but instead everytime I sign into my email every morning when I come into work.... that is when I am reminded.

i dont want you to think i am a loser that has no life and is pathetic... I am a teacher so I have a very demanding career. I am involved in my church which takes a lot of time..and I am leading a mission group to Jamaica... so I stay busy..it isnt that I am not busy..

it is that I have been waiting 7 months to hear even one word.

I have a great life..but when I made those vows...my soul was joined with another..and I wont feel complete until reunited..

I know that noone can give me a "tip" that will help me be "unsad" but I just did that so we could have some type of positive thoughts abotu things we enjoy because I know me, pecky, ms.Z, isma, 000, delicia....we just all want to cry...

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Oh, Shrewdie, you help many people feel better with the kind words you always say.

use yahoo chat .

So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

Girl,

Lawny

There you go.

I sent scrapbooks with Andre to the interview. The guy was really impressed with how well we had preserved our memories.

You really need to keep up with it, Shrewdie. In the end, our memories are really all we have left......and, if we can't remember them, at least we can look, read what we wrote, and enjoy!

I also have scrap books for everything. From the time I was in Junior High School, the first house I bought, to the birth of my son to my new life with my fiance. It's funny. I only submitted 2 pictures with my petition and if they can't tell we were not in love with each other (Oh, WELL). I took well over 30 pictures and I have them all in my scrap book. Which I think is about 3lbs. We did a lot in Jamaica. I tried to capture everything, while I was in Jamaica. Including me hiking in Ocho and losing my balance. Lets say I made it downhill before everyone else. That was a great day. Nothing that a class of stone ginger wine couldn't cure.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

Shrewdgal, I know that feeling.. Its like life is put on pause while waiting to be reunited with the one you are meant to be with.

Im studying to graduate in February, so Im just hoping everything will be done by then, and while learning and make sure I have a degree (that will make our life so much easier in the future) my studies is also my time killer. When I finally get off its late and my husband and I are talkin on instant messenger and skype. He has been amazing with sending emails all day every day and we instant message on the phone etc. so its like we are together because we talk non stop but still yet its not the same, and once we are reunited I think I will boycut the laptop for a while haha.

I miss his company and all the little every day things that people who are living together might take for granted.

Im trying to enjoy the remaining time I have left here in Europe with seeing my family friends on a day to day basis, because as soon as the petition is approved and NVC (hopefully) hurry up :whistle: we move I wont be able to do that anymore and Im sure that will be tough. I know youre not in a situation where youre the one moving but still... :) I feel your pain.

The amount of stress we are undergoing while being separated from our spouses is incomparable . I love sleeping cos he is always with me in my dreams :wub: - its just real depressing waking up the next morning and realize Im facing yet another day without him.. :crying: .

My Visa journey:

Married August 10, 2007 in NYC

I-130 mailed to VSC via Chicago: March 13, 2008

NOA1 received: March 24, 2008

NOA2 received: May 22, 2008 (Approved yaaaaay!!!)

DS3032 choice of agent generated: June 14, 2008

Mailed Choice of Agent: June 14, 2008 (and emailed the NVC as well with my Choice Of Agent hoping to speed up things a bit)

Hubby received IV bill: June,2008

DS3032 entered the system: June 23, 2008

Thought my child needed the same papers as I did so we petitioned for him and decided to let his papers reac NVC before taking further action, but discovered he is indeed eligible for U.S citizenship- 7 months wasted arrrrrghhh! NOW WE ARE IN A HURRY! :)

AOS and IV fee Paid:xxxx

Receive AOS package

Receive DS230 package:xxxx

Mail DS230 package:xxxx

DS20 entered into system:xxxx

Case Complete: xxxx

Medical:xxxx

Visa Interview:xxxx

Visa Approved:xxxx

Visa in hand:xxxx

POE (JFK airport, New York): xxxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.