how do you make yourself...unsad???

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

I want life to be easier.

I want light at the end of the tunnel.

What are some things you guys do so that you are still "living life" instead of just being sad and miserable like me????

I used to talk to my husband on the phone but that just makes me even sadder the next morning...so....

any ideas??????????? :(

Shrewdgal, I know that feeling.. Its like life is put on pause while waiting to be reunited with the one you are meant to be with.

Im studying to graduate in February, so Im just hoping everything will be done by then, and while learning and make sure I have a degree (that will make our life so much easier in the future) my studies is also my time killer. When I finally get off its late and my husband and I are talkin on instant messenger and skype. He has been amazing with sending emails all day every day and we instant message on the phone etc. so its like we are together because we talk non stop but still yet its not the same, and once we are reunited I think I will boycut the laptop for a while haha.

I miss his company and all the little every day things that people who are living together might take for granted.

Im trying to enjoy the remaining time I have left here in Europe with seeing my family friends on a day to day basis, because as soon as the petition is approved and NVC (hopefully) hurry up :whistle: we move I wont be able to do that anymore and Im sure that will be tough. I know youre not in a situation where youre the one moving but still... :) I feel your pain.

The amount of stress we are undergoing while being separated from our spouses is incomparable . I love sleeping cos he is always with me in my dreams :wub: - its just real depressing waking up the next morning and realize Im facing yet another day without him.. :crying: .

isnt it?

that is the hardest part for me. strange.

we all have great lives..its just you are right..its almost as though time is on pause. BOO :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

What are some things you guys do so that you are still "living life" instead of just being sad and miserable like me????

I used to talk to my husband on the phone but that just makes me even sadder the next morning...so....

Shrewdgal, I know that feeling.. Its like life is put on pause while waiting to be reunited with the one you are meant to be with.

Im studying to graduate in February, so Im just hoping everything will be done by then, and while learning and make sure I have a degree (that will make our life so much easier in the future) my studies is also my time killer. When I finally get off its late and my husband and I are talkin on instant messenger and skype. He has been amazing with sending emails all day every day and we instant message on the phone etc. so its like we are together because we talk non stop but still yet its not the same, and once we are reunited I think I will boycut the laptop for a while haha.

I miss his company and all the little every day things that people who are living together might take for granted.

Im trying to enjoy the remaining time I have left here in Europe with seeing my family friends on a day to day basis, because as soon as the petition is approved and NVC (hopefully) hurry up :whistle: we move I wont be able to do that anymore and Im sure that will be tough. I know youre not in a situation where youre the one moving but still... :) I feel your pain.

The amount of stress we are undergoing while being separated from our spouses is incomparable . I love sleeping cos he is always with me in my dreams :wub: - its just real depressing waking up the next morning and realize Im facing yet another day without him.. :crying: .

isnt it?

that is the hardest part for me. strange.

we all have great lives..its just you are right..its almost as though time is on pause. BOO :)

Yes,We all have wonderful lives- and like previously mentioned we all had a great life too, before we met our spouses, but like you stated so beautifully, you joined someone in the soul and after that, its more than understandable to feel a little alone and incomplete (I sure do), when youre married but still yet so far apart from eachother.. Im sorry the USCIS have made you wait for almost 8 months since you submitted your petition. Im lost for words- that ughhhh!!!, but lots of respect to you for keeping your sanity. :)

My Visa journey:

Married August 10, 2007 in NYC

I-130 mailed to VSC via Chicago: March 13, 2008

NOA1 received: March 24, 2008

NOA2 received: May 22, 2008 (Approved yaaaaay!!!)

DS3032 choice of agent generated: June 14, 2008

Mailed Choice of Agent: June 14, 2008 (and emailed the NVC as well with my Choice Of Agent hoping to speed up things a bit)

Hubby received IV bill: June,2008

DS3032 entered the system: June 23, 2008

Thought my child needed the same papers as I did so we petitioned for him and decided to let his papers reac NVC before taking further action, but discovered he is indeed eligible for U.S citizenship- 7 months wasted arrrrrghhh! NOW WE ARE IN A HURRY! :)

AOS and IV fee Paid:xxxx

Receive AOS package

Receive DS230 package:xxxx

Mail DS230 package:xxxx

DS20 entered into system:xxxx

Case Complete: xxxx

Medical:xxxx

Visa Interview:xxxx

Visa Approved:xxxx

Visa in hand:xxxx

POE (JFK airport, New York): xxxx

Filed: Timeline

We're planning to get married again whe I arrive in the US ..... that way, we'll be able to spend a first year of marriage together.

Planning a wedding as you know takes time, and planning it this time is actually just as exciting as the last, if not more.

Just don't worry about the date right now .... but it's good to check out venues and prices and all that goes with it.

I've also been preparing to get pregnant too, so I've already started on my pre-natal vitamns and looking at what I can do to get fitter for it .... all in time to start trying when Kip and I are allowed to be together.

I should be in tip top condition by the time our approval rolls round in 2025 :lol:

When I'm not doing that, I'm putting together all the stuff required for NVC so it's perfect.

Gathering all the documentation for your Husband for his interview is a great idea by the way .... us girls are good at that stuff, and it will really help him.

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Timeline
We're planning to get married again whe I arrive in the US ..... that way, we'll be able to spend a first year of marriage together.

Planning a wedding as you know takes time, and planning it this time is actually just as exciting as the last, if not more.

Just don't worry about the date right now .... but it's good to check out venues and prices and all that goes with it.

I've also been preparing to get pregnant too, so I've already started on my pre-natal vitamns and looking at what I can do to get fitter for it .... all in time to start trying when Kip and I are allowed to be together.

I should be in tip top condition by the time our approval rolls round in 2025 :lol:

When I'm not doing that, I'm putting together all the stuff required for NVC so it's perfect.

Gathering all the documentation for your Husband for his interview is a great idea by the way .... us girls are good at that stuff, and it will really help him.

I do need to work on getting fit... why didnt I ever really put my energy into this? well, I can now!!

we want to have a little vow renewal when he gets home (just us, the pastor) and then have a huge reception...and I kinda have started thinking about that but it just drove me into madness...so Id better stay away from that. hahahah

thanks Sarah Jayne

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Before I'd do home improvement projects to pass the time.

but I don't expect we will ever live together in USA. So it makes motivation for that stuff difficult. I'm just studying her language to pass the time, since I'll need it, especially if I'm forced to expat.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Whilst trying to keep my mind off this process I have --

:star: Started to plan our wedding and my leaving party .... maybe you could work on a welcome home party? I've made all the invites by hand and planned as much as I can without actual dates

:star: lost 33lbs!!

:star: started to learn a new language

:star: read ... a lot! I'm at the end of my degree right now so that has kept me busy but if I wasn't reading educational books I know I would be working my way through some good fiction.

I think you should plan lots of girls nights out .... and in. There isn't a lot of time left for them to get you on your own so maybe make the most of it. Oh I'm a closet scrapbooker too I love preserving our memories! It can be as positive as you want it to be - going though pictures and memories only has to be sad if you let it. I was also watching a show the other day where two ordinary people had written their biographies. I think thats a nice idea, we are going through this long and devastating process so we can be with the man/woman we love. I think it would be nice in 40 years for my grandkids to pick up a book with our history in it. As soon as I find some time I'm going to start a diary ... hmmm maybe a blog thats far more 2008 isn't it. Although a nice big leather bound book seems a bit more romantic.

I hope you feel better soon ... better yet fingers crossed for your approval.

Bex xxx

Edited by BexandAlan

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: Timeline

Bex, I love the idea of a welcome home party!

Shrewd that would be very nice for your Husband .... you could just plan the outlines of another party, I'm sure he'd love it .... banners, posters etc

Yes, getting fit while he's not around is good .... he'll have a nice surprise when you see him soon when you visit

Be careful on getting fit and loosing weight though. I have lost so much there is a slight possibility that Alan might walk straight past me next time he comes to pick me up from the airport. I know he loved me the way I was and now I'm a bit worried he'll not be so impressed! Oh well will have to eat lots of chicken wings and drink lots of beer if hes not happy ... its a hard life!

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Shrewdgal

Why was I feeling down today myself. I try not to feel down, but it seems that my life is in limbo right now. I make promises to myself that I will not check the VJ website frequently, but then I do and that even gets me more depressed. I had a wonderful weekend with friends. I think the scrap book /photo idea is a good one. Lets continue to pray for each other and hope that the vermont center will be approving our petitions shortly. Thanks for the VJers who have given and will keep on giivvng us ideas on each step of the journey. Thanks to all for your comments and understanding.

Pecky

MARRIED ON 8/31/07

VERMONT

OCTOBER 2007-------------I-130 SENT
OCTOBER 10,2007 -------- I-130 RECV IN VERMONT
JANUARY 10, 2008----------RECEIVED NOA1
FEBUARY 24, 2008-----------ASE SEEN ON LINE@USCIS
AUGUST 12,2008------------ CASE SENT TO CSC

CSC
AUGUST 12, 2008-----------CASE SENT TO CSC
AUGUST 13,2008------------ TOUCHED
AUGUST 15, 2008----------- TOUCHED
AUGUST 20, 2008----------- TOUCHED
AUGUST 21, 2008-------------TOUCHED
AUGUST 22, 2008--------------APPROVED (CSC)--THANK YOU LORD

NVC
AUGUST 27, 2008-----------HARD COPY RECEIVED
AUGUST 28, 2008-------------NVC RECEIVED FILE. NVC CASE # ISSUED

Sept 18 ----------Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :
Sept 19 ---------Paid I-864 Bill on line
Sept 20-----------Paid IV bill on line
Sept 22----------AOS bill read "paid" on line
Sept 24----------IV bill read "paid" on line
Sept 26----------Mailed AOS/IV bill via express mail
Oct. 10---------- Case Completed at NVC

Interview Date : February 18, 2009
Visa Received :
US Entry: March 2009

10 year green card: Received March 2012

Timeline

Hey Shrewdie,

I know how you feel! Well i started blogging when I first went to Jamaica, cause i missed it so much there and writing has always been a really good outlet for me. Eventually my husband became part of my focus when I write and that has truly helped me. Its a way for me to just say what I want to say and he can read it if he wants (as well as others) and for some reason its like purging of the mind. I need to purge my mind at least a couple times a week, whether I write or shop, and shopping is just an expensive habit. At least with writing I can get paid for it haha.

So I say find something that creates that feeling of a "purge". It completely rids your mind of all the anxiety you are feeling and gives you a peace and normality. I like Yoga and cooking too. I find a receipe I want to try and make it, and take photos of them finished product and send them to my husband too. Don't really know what this does but it keeps me busy.

But I know that you are stuck in that bad place cause you have been waiting so long for NOA2. Once you get that you're sure to get that good feeling back. Its sucks right now I know. Just hang in a little longer. God's will, will soon be done.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
So. I am sad.

I want my husband here.

Its very hard to be happy when your heart is sad. You have to be patient, one day when all this bad days will go away you will not even think that they were here. I havent see my husband since last year June 6th, when I left Lima airport I cryed, I felt pain in my heart and all my body, I left him with thoughts "when am I going to see my husband again?!?!". All of us here on VJ are in a same position, youre not the only one, once you will be approved from USCIS your world will change. YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

I would suggest you to do something good for YOU.

What I did to get off my mind to be "unsad" (as you said) is to going to gym.I accept the gym as a bond, as a place that I HAVE to go same as work, I start meet new people, my time its flying, I start to fell better, loosing a weight that make me to feel much more better... . . .and also I would like to surprise my husband for good...after one year. :P I dont know what are your interest in your life, find some hobby, keep your mind busy and think positive. (F)(L):star::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.