Kraig

What is this?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What exactly is this place? I discovered it when googling some question about citizenship. I'm currently a US citizen.

Actually I googled "tricizenship".

One thing that caught my attention was misinformation I saw.

Someone claimed you can't be a US citizen while being a citizen of another country. Know that this is not so, I was intrigued.

I know that the US has dual citizenship. Even if you "renounce" your US citizenship in another country, as far as the US concerned you didn't "renounce" it. To lose US citizenship you must do something extreme like take up arms against the US government, or renounce it before a US government official, usually at an embassy. There are people who want to and do renounce their US citizenship usually for political reasons, and sometimes for financial reason, technically, as long as you are a US citizen you are require to pay income tax to the US regardless of where you live.

Peace.

Kraig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, in a nutshell VJ is a website for support/information for individuals who are petitioning to have a foreign relative/fiance or other relation to come to the US to live permanently....

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Our goal is to educate and provide general information regarding family and marriage based immigration (K1, K3, DCF, etc) for a spouse, fiance, parent(s) or other close relatives to reunite and bring together families. If you are new to the site please take a look at some of our site's great features such as the Guides, FAQ's, Forums, Gallery, Example Forms and more. We provide you with a great array of general information useful in filing your I-129f, I-130, I-134, I-485 and other USCIS and immigration forms. We encourage all members to seek a qualified immigration attorney as this site is no substitute for the valuable help and advice a good attorney can provide! Please also be familiar with the Terms of Service before using this site.

Once again, we welcome you and encourage you to become a member of our growing community! Share your experiences and relax here knowing you are not alone! Make sure that you also take the time to add your information to our Immigration Timeline section! -The Visajourney Family

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
What exactly is this place?

A place that already has a troll.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

What exactly is this place? I discovered it when googling some question about citizenship. I'm currently a US citizen.

Actually I googled "tricizenship".

One thing that caught my attention was misinformation I saw.

Someone claimed you can't be a US citizen while being a citizen of another country. Know that this is not so, I was intrigued.

I know that the US has dual citizenship. Even if you "renounce" your US citizenship in another country, as far as the US concerned you didn't "renounce" it. To lose US citizenship you must do something extreme like take up arms against the US government, or renounce it before a US government official, usually at an embassy. There are people who want to and do renounce their US citizenship usually for political reasons, and sometimes for financial reason, technically, as long as you are a US citizen you are require to pay income tax to the US regardless of where you live.

Peace.

Kraig

First off, "this place" is a resource for US citizens wishing to undergo the process of marrying a foreign national, with the legal intent of immigration.

In terms of your post, you contradicted yourself.

The only way to renounce your citizenship, is with a sworn statement before a consular official abroad or if you are caught raising arms against the USA. The text in red, contradicts the bolded portion.

Edit to add: A US citizen is only required to pay tax on foreign income over $80,000.

Edited by William33