16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Does it really take 30-60 days for CSC to send the petition to the NVC???

I just called and talked to a CSR (waste of time including a 10 minute wait on hold) and she told me it takes 30-60 days for CSC to even send the petition to NVC.

Also, i sent my fiance the whole petition pack, in it was the original NOA1, the post office lost the entire thing. I emailed CSC requesting a new NOA1, it was the only thing i could think of doing. The whole reason i called the 800 number was to request the NOA1 and she rudely informed me they are for general information and i can not request anything through them, that i have to email CSC.

any advice on both??

Thanks,

Tara

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tara the timeline to ship to NVC is a standard response is what the operator quoted. Most times it goes to NVC and is out the door in no time. I am not sure of getting a copy of the NOA maybe someone can help you with that part. Good luck and it should not be much longer and your case goes to the embassy.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks Mary :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

I wouldn't worry about losing NOA1. NOA2 is the important one.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

So you are saying he dont need the original NOA1 at the interview???

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I don't know if it varies by service center, but I know Vermont had our file to the NVC in like 2 days. I would call the NVC whenever it's a week after your NOA2 and they'll probably have it...they may be able to give you your case number. You won't need the NOA1 at the interview, just the NOA2.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Thanks Melissa, thats alot of stress off my back!!!

NOW the only worry is the fact whoever has Eds pack i sent him with the petition in it, also has all my financial info, tax info, SS info, and so on. Back to stressing :huh:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

tara... i hope you hear some news soon from the nvc... and also, some news from csc concerning a new original noa1.

i think that it depends on different consulates... i have read that some want the orinigal noa1 & noa2... and then some don't even request the noa1...

me... i think it is better to be safe than sorry...

good luck!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline
tara... i hope you hear some news soon from the nvc... and also, some news from csc concerning a new original noa1.

i think that it depends on different consulates... i have read that some want the orinigal noa1 & noa2... and then some don't even request the noa1...

me... i think it is better to be safe than sorry...

good luck!

Well if you ever need a copy of anything, DONT call the 800 number. talk about major PMSing up there :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

haha

want me to call and offer her a midol?

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi..

My NOA2 was 4/25, I called NVC this morning..Case is not there yet...it's been 2 weeks now. got worry.

Bill

AOS JOURNEY BEGIN

10-18-2006 - MAILED I-485/I-765/I-864/G325A

10-24-2006 - I-485/I-765 NOA1

10-27-2006 - AOS/EAD TOUCHED

11-07-2006 - EMAIL RFE FROM USCIS

11-09-2006 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT

11-16-2006 - MAILED BACK THE RFE

12-12-2006 - CASE TRANSFER TO CSC

01-08-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-11-2007 - EAD APPROVED

01-13-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-15-2007 - EAD TOUCHED AGAIN

01-18-2007 - EAD RECIEVED IN HAND + APPROVAL NOTICE SENT FROM USCIS

01-18-2007 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURTIY NUMBER

01-20-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-20-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

01-27-2007 - RECEIVED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

03-01-2007 - EMIAL FROM CSC AOS IS NOW PENDING AT OUR OFFICE

03-02-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

03-05-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-06-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-07-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-08-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGIAN AROUND 9 AM SOMETHING.

03-08-2007 - AOS APPROVED AT NOON

03-09-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (WELCOME NEW RESIDENT NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-12-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (APPROVAL NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-13-2007 - TOUCHED

03-15-2007 - GREEN CARD AND APPROVAL NOTICE IN HAND

REMOVING CONDITION I-751

01-20-2009 - SENT I-751 CERTIFIED OVERNIGHT

01-26-2009 - CHECK CASHED

01-22-2009 - NOA1

02-04-2009 - RECEIVED BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL

02-17-2009 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT DATE 9 AM

02-17-2009 - TOUCHED

02-18-2009 - TOUCHED AGAIN

05-28-2009 - APPROVAL (WAITING TO RECEIVE 10 YRS GREEN CARD)

06-22-2009 - RECEIVED 10 YRS GREEN CARD

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

NOW the only worry is the fact whoever has Eds pack i sent him with the petition in it, also has all my financial info, tax info, SS info, and so on. Back to stressing :huh:

Lost in the mail?? Just to be safe, call the credit bureaus (3 of them) and have an alert put on your credit. That way someone can't go identity thiefing and all that crazy stuff. Hope the stuff will eventually arrive, though. Sometimes it just takes a while. One time I sent a card to Javier and it took 3 months to arrive.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Lost in the mail?? Just to be safe, call the credit bureaus (3 of them) and have an alert put on your credit. That way someone can't go identity thiefing and all that crazy stuff. Hope the stuff will eventually arrive, though. Sometimes it just takes a while. One time I sent a card to Javier and it took 3 months to arrive.

They said at the Romanian post that the package was delivered on April 27th, Edy said he never got the package. He even went down to the post office and the package was not there. There is an investigation out by the USPS on this (I WILL NEVER USE USPS AGAIN), and i hope something is done about it. The thing in Romania is they never deliever a package, you HAVE to pick it up at the PO, and you have to show proof of identity when picking it up, so i think fraud was involved in this. :(

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
They said at the Romanian post that the package was delivered on April 27th,

I can't believe the Romanian post office would tell you a *fib*! No way!

:lol:

Sorry Tara.. hope it turns up with someone you know. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys... ithinkmy experience with the NVC will make worry a little less. When i got my NOA2 back in march it took almost three weeks for them to receive anything!!! i would call everyday and everyday they would tell me to allow 90 days for them to receive it. i would freak out!!!!!! it was so stressful for me but they did eventually receive it and it was only there for like a day. also i called a couple of times when it was there and they were telling me that it hadnt come yet for me to find out a few days later that it had been there for like three days!! so dont worry yet....save your energy and state of mind. i realized afterwards that i worried for nothing and you dont need to worry either. it can take time and dont listen to those jerks at the NVC they just make us worry more!!! if you do want to call though i recommend calling at night if you can the night shift is much nicer :D . Just hang in there it isnt much longer til the interview and time flies from this point.....trust me :thumbs: !!!

good luck to ya!!!!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.