AlHayatZween

How long is the K1 Valid after Issuance

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi All,

i'm a little confused :blink:

For some reason i thought that once your SO gets the K1 issued in his or her passport, he or she has 6 months to use it to enter the US.... is this true?

i thought it was good for 6 months beyond issuance, but my lawyer just wrote me to say it is good for only 4 months?

i'm talking about before they enter the US (not the 90 days they have to get married).

Thank for your help!!

(F) (F)

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

As far as I know, he has 6 months. Once he sets foot on American soil, he has 90 days in which to marry.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi All,

For some reason i thought that once your SO gets the K1 issued in his or her passport, he or she has 6 months to use it to enter the US.... is this true?

i thought it was good for 6 months beyond issuance, but my lawyer just wrote me to say it is good for only 4 months?

i'm talking about before they enter the US (not the 90 days they have to get married).

Thank for your help!!

(F) (F)

hz

It is my understanding that it is good for up to 6 months from date of issue to enter US, then 90 days from that date to get married.

Mark and Lada

Charlotte/Volgograd

US/Russia

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

US Entry : 2008-07-15

Marriage : 2008-08-31

I-485 Filed 10-16/2008

I-485 Approved 1-11-2009

I-751 Filed for K2 8-2-2010

Timeline

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Thanks, guys! :thumbs:

That's what i thought.... this is not the first time that our lawyer has driven me bonkers! (don't get me started on him )

:ranting:

Anyway, thanks, that's a relief,

hz

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wifes K1 visa is valid for exactly 180 days - it has an issued date and an expiration date. The petition itself was only valid for 4 months - but its automatically extended if the consulates are running behind. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

Thanks!

He just e-mailed me again and said only 4 months...

but you are right, Motu... i'll call my hubbie tonight and ask him what the expiration date is stamped on the visa. i'm hoping he'll be here within a few months, but i just need to know.

Thanks again everybody,

hz

love0038.gif

Timeline
Thanks!

He just e-mailed me again and said only 4 months...

but you are right, Motu... i'll call my hubbie tonight and ask him what the expiration date is stamped on the visa. i'm hoping he'll be here within a few months, but i just need to know.

Thanks again everybody,

hz

:bonk:

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ: 3. Once you have the K1 Visa it is good for only one entry into the United States within 6 months of the issue date. A K2 Visa holder (child of K1 Visa holder) may enter up to one year after the K1, but a K2 Visa holder may not enter the U.S. prior to the K1.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-outline.html

K-1 None One 6 Months
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reci...ocity_3629.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi All,

Thank for your help!!

(F) (F)

hz

The visa is valid for six months.

The approved petition is valid for four months.

Either you or your lawyer has confused the two. Your I-129F is a petition, not a visa. Consular officers can and routinely do extend the validity of petitions but the six month validity of the actual visa is firm.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Either you or your lawyer has confused the two. Your I-129F is a petition, not a visa. Consular officers can and routinely do extend the validity of petitions but the six month validity of the actual visa is firm.

Don't you just love confused lawyers?

Yes, USCIS approves the petition and makes NOA2 letter valid for 4 months, consulate can and usually will extend that.

After visa interview at the consulate, the VISA itself is valid for 6 months after the counselor officer interviews and approves the visa.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Don't you just love confused lawyers?

Yes, USCIS approves the petition and makes NOA2 letter valid for 4 months, consulate can and usually will extend that.

After visa interview at the consulate, the VISA itself is valid for 6 months after the counselor officer interviews and approves the visa.

Thanks everyone,

Yes, i was fine, thinking it was six months until the lawyer e-mailed me twice this morning to remind me it was "4 months."

i don't like confused lawyers...

You are right, Nagi: :bonk:

love0038.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think lawyers are just born that way!! :whistle:

Mark and Lada

Charlotte/Volgograd

US/Russia

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

US Entry : 2008-07-15

Marriage : 2008-08-31

I-485 Filed 10-16/2008

I-485 Approved 1-11-2009

I-751 Filed for K2 8-2-2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yes, i was fine, thinking it was six months until the lawyer e-mailed me twice this morning to remind me it was "4 months."

i don't like confused lawyers...

You might want to call your lawyer back and let him know that you shouldn't be charged for his time and effort in giving you bad information.........just so there's no confusion

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.