oddball

Is tax return documentation mandatory for the I-134?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

As supporting evidence for the I-134, I am planning to include a statement from my bank, a statement from my employer, and pay stubs for the last three months. Is the inclusion of tax statements mandatory, or just encouraged? Will the information listed above be enough if I don't include the tax returns?

Thanks for your feedback.

-Oddball

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It is highly recommended that you get tax returns and W2's because the CO will most likely ask for them.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure if it is absolutely mandatory, but I know that I was specifically asked for them at my interview. If for some reason you do not have tax returns, whatever the reason, I suggest have some form of legitimate documentation stating as to why you don't have any.

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

As supporting evidence for the I-134, I am planning to include a statement from my bank, a statement from my employer, and pay stubs for the last three months. Is the inclusion of tax statements mandatory, or just encouraged? Will the information listed above be enough if I don't include the tax returns?

-Oddball

No information is mandatory... the CO will only consider the information you do provide... If the CO deems the information you do provide sufficient all is well... if not then you will be asked to provide more... It is all a matter of personal choice....

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the quick feedback everyone,

I have my tax returns from 2007 which I can include. From 2001-2007, I wasn't in the US and was actually employed in the country where the interview will take place. I completed my US tax returns pro forma because my annual income was below the limit for which one would have to file US taxes. What would you recommend doing in my case? Should I include my most recent US tax return for the year 2007 along with a letter explaining why no tax return statements are available for 2001-2007? Sorry for any confusion and thanks again for your advice.

-Oddball

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have my tax returns from 2007 which I can include. From 2001-2007, I wasn't in the US and was actually employed in the country where the interview will take place. I completed my US tax returns pro forma because my annual income was below the limit for which one would have to file US taxes. What would you recommend doing in my case? Should I include my most recent US tax return for the year 2007 along with a letter explaining why no tax return statements are available for 2001-2007? Sorry for any confusion and thanks again for your advice.

-Oddball

As long as you have documentation to prove why you did not file taxes you should be fine. I would include the 2007 tax returns.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

-Oddball

Since we don't know what consulate you are using, specifics are hard to answer because each consulate has there own local procedure when it comes to this topic. For Kiev, No I-134 was even required and only one years tax return and current employment verification (recent paystub) was needed. This may be the same or may not be...

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

-Oddball

No information is mandatory... the CO will only consider the information you do provide... If the CO deems the information you do provide sufficient all is well... if not then you will be asked to provide more... It is all a matter of personal choice....

When a CO decides he wants to see a tax return, you're immediately going to start feeling like a tax return is mandatory. If you can provide them, it's best to do so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.