ajk

I-129F Question 10 Query

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I attempted a search of previous posts but couldn't find anything applicable.

Question 10 of the I-129F form asks "My citezenship was aquired through (check one)?" with the following possible answers:

- Birth in the U.S.

- Naturalization

There is a field for "Give number of certificate, date and place it was issued", I am unsure as to whether this applies to both Birth in the U.S. (presumably it refers to your birth certificate in this case), naturalization or both. I read a USENET posting indicating that it only applied to naturalization, can anybody confirm that this is the case?

Andrew

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Question 10 of the I-129F form asks "My citezenship was aquired through (check one)?" with the following possible answers:

- Birth in the U.S.

- Naturalization

There is a field for "Give number of certificate, date and place it was issued", I am unsure as to whether this applies to both Birth in the U.S. (presumably it refers to your birth certificate in this case), naturalization or both. I read a USENET posting indicating that it only applied to naturalization, can anybody confirm that this is the case?

Andrew

I agree - it applies to Naturalization - tehy give you a certificate once an immigrant becomes a citizen

Eva.

I-130 approved in 113 days

NVC Processing

07.11.06 Case number assigned

07.24.06 DS 3032/AOS Bill Generated

07.26.2006 DS 3032 via email

07.28.2006 AOS fee paid and overnighted

07.29.06 NVC confirmed getting choice of agent

07.31.2006 Recieved actual AOS/DS 3032 bill via regular mail

07.31.2006 IV Bill generated

08.05.2006 IV bill recieved

08.11.2006 IV Bill Paid sent by mail

08.26.2006 Finally got Affidavit papers by mail

08.28.2006 Sent Affidavit by mail

ticker.png

ticker.png

7.17.2006 Replied to IMBRA RFE 07.18.2006 Touched ( I guess they recieved RFE) 07.24.2006 Touched

7.26.2006 Touched again 7.28.06 Touched again (they keep sending it to the old address) This case is stuck!

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

- Birth in the U.S.

- Naturalization

Andrew

I thought it refered to whichever certificate is applicable for you and I wrote my birth certificate number in there. Oh well :mellow: no harm done. If you don't want to leave it blank, you could probably write in your B/C # just in case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline

Can I ask a question on this same subject? I was naturalized through my parents when I was young but only have my American passport as evidence. I can probably try to locate my parent's citizenship papers but it won't be an easy task since they are both deceased. Will they accept my American passport number as evidence? Please advise

Arlene and Russell

K-1 Visa Timelines

10/04/05 -Russ visits Tampa for 2 weeks.

11/04/05 -Arlene in the UK for business but visits Russ in Chester.

12/16/05 -Arlene returns to the UK for holidays with Russ and family.

12/19/05 -A surprise trip to Paris where Russ proposes on the Eiffel Tower

12/21/05- Arlene turns 40!! Russ's family throws a surprise birthday party in Chester. We surprise them with the engagement announcement :)

12/23/05- Arlene and Russ travels to California to visit Arlene's family for the holidays. We surprise them with the engagement announcement :)

02/10/06 -Arlene travels to Chester UK for Valentine's Day w/sweetie.

02/14/06 - Mail I129 Packet to Texas from Chester UK!!!!

02/23/06- I129 Received by California Service Center

03/01/06 - Received NOA1.

03/04/06 - "Touched"

04/13/06 - Russ visits Tampa for 2 1/2 weeks

05/15/06 - "Touched" and NOA2 Approved

05/19/06- Received NOA2 in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Can I ask a question on this same subject? I was naturalized through my parents when I was young but only have my American passport as evidence. I can probably try to locate my parent's citizenship papers but it won't be an easy task since they are both deceased. Will they accept my American passport number as evidence? Please advise

Hmmm... maybe there's a way immigration could locate a send you a copy of your naturalization certificate. Call and ask them and if they can't, you can ask what other types of evidence they accept :)

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

Filed: Timeline

The "Certificate of Citizenship" number is not referring to the naturalization certificate its referring to another way people can become citizens: inheriting citizenship automatically from thier parents. If one of your parents becomes a naturalized US citizen while you are under 18 you automatically become a citizen, don't go through the naturalization process, and don't recieve a naturalized citizen certificate. In these cases, you can apply directly for a US passport and/or a "certificate of citizenship".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Passport counts as proof of citizenship as long as you send them a copy of every page in your passport. It still has to be valid, unexpired, and issued for at least 5 years.

Edited by silverbutterfly228

Timeline

Hmmm... maybe there's a way immigration could locate a send you a copy of your naturalization certificate. Call and ask them and if they can't, you can ask what other types of evidence they accept :)

I already have a US passport so I'm hoping that would suffice. I know my older sister has the certificate you're referring to but I hear it's a long process to try and obtain one. I just never bothered. Thanks for your reply.

Arlene and Russell

K-1 Visa Timelines

10/04/05 -Russ visits Tampa for 2 weeks.

11/04/05 -Arlene in the UK for business but visits Russ in Chester.

12/16/05 -Arlene returns to the UK for holidays with Russ and family.

12/19/05 -A surprise trip to Paris where Russ proposes on the Eiffel Tower

12/21/05- Arlene turns 40!! Russ's family throws a surprise birthday party in Chester. We surprise them with the engagement announcement :)

12/23/05- Arlene and Russ travels to California to visit Arlene's family for the holidays. We surprise them with the engagement announcement :)

02/10/06 -Arlene travels to Chester UK for Valentine's Day w/sweetie.

02/14/06 - Mail I129 Packet to Texas from Chester UK!!!!

02/23/06- I129 Received by California Service Center

03/01/06 - Received NOA1.

03/04/06 - "Touched"

04/13/06 - Russ visits Tampa for 2 1/2 weeks

05/15/06 - "Touched" and NOA2 Approved

05/19/06- Received NOA2 in the mail

There was a post by a member some time ago where he got an RFE requesting further documentation under similar or same circumstances, just cant remember exactly. If you can locate your parents citizenship papers and submit a photo copy of them along with photo copy of your passport with your petition that could be a good idea. It sure cant hurt.

ajk

The wording and placement is confusing on the I-129F but it is referring to a naturalization certificate number. It is much clearer on the I-130. Refer to the I-129F example form at the top of the page.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

As a naturalized US citizen, I put my naturalization certificate no, date and issuance date. I guess, there won't be any harm, if a born US citizen write similar information.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.