Kros

Airline Ticket

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My fiancee went to check the ticket prices in an agency in Poland and they told her that she must buy a round trip because one way tickets are only for citizens of US and people with a green card and they won't let her in. Is this true? Also,when should I buy her a ticket, before an interview or the day she receives visa? Thanks for the help

One way ticket is fine. As for buying the ticket, i would just wait to she gets the brown envelope in here hand. Just make sure if your buying the ticket, thats its cheaper than a return. Good luck.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
My fiancee went to check the ticket prices in an agency in Poland and they told her that she must buy a round trip because one way tickets are only for citizens of US and people with a green card and they won't let her in. Is this true? Also,when should I buy her a ticket, before an interview or the day she receives visa? Thanks for the help

I would suggest seeing another agency. One thing to be mindful of, sometimes heavily discounted return flights can be cheaper than one way. A couple of people here have taken that choice. Assuming your paperwork is in order, the immigration people in the US will smile, welcome your new partner to America, and allow her to be on her way

Please use the search bar at the top, this is a FAQ, asked almost daily.

A one way ticket is just fine. Round trip is fine as well...it doesn't matter. Whatever is cheaper.

Best of luck.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

You can buy either. She has a visa for immigrant intent, so OBVIOUSLY she is expected to stay. Get whichever is cheaper. I would suggest waiting till after the interview, in case something happens (something didn't get sent, she forgot to bring something etc.). Make sure to leave enough time to receive the visa as well. I think we waited about 3 weeks after the interview.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

The agency is not 100% correct on the citizen/GC-holder thing - if your fiancé was traveling on a tourist visa yes, but not for a K1. (In Germany - one way was fine but the airline had to verify the visa prior to departure.) :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

why would you use a brick and morter travel agent. Internet prices are Virtually , always cheaper/ start with the direct airline first. if you are unsure of the route use www.airgorilla.com. i woul dnot purchase from them but this website generates the most efficient routes, then see what airlines service that route from the website and then go directly to that airlines website. done this many times and always works out very cheap.

airlines, other than Airtran (domestic) do not like to sell one-way tickets,,they are virtually always more expensive, example i checked this weekend from Kiev to Detroit and one way was $3000 rountrip, $1000....

Dr. Bill

I-130

Sent: 11-16-07 (date actually sent)

Rec'd: 12-23-08 (this is date listed as received by USCIS

NOA1 : 2-4-08

touch: 2-7-08

touch : 4-13-08 (probably due to address change)

touch : 4-21-08

touch : 4-22-08

APPROVAL!!: 4-21-08

Payed AOS fee 6-26-08

I-129f

Sent: 3-07-08

NOA1: 3-11-08

touch: 3-14-08

touch: 4-21-08

touch :4-22-08

APPROVAL: 4-21-08

NVC received: 4-28-08

consulate received: 5-5-08

INTERVIEW!!! : 7-17-08

6073.gif

7109.gif

why would you use a brick and morter travel agent. Internet prices are Virtually , always cheaper/ start with the direct airline first. if you are unsure of the route use www.airgorilla.com. i woul dnot purchase from them but this website generates the most efficient routes, then see what airlines service that route from the website and then go directly to that airlines website. done this many times and always works out very cheap.

airlines, other than Airtran (domestic) do not like to sell one-way tickets,,they are virtually always more expensive, example i checked this weekend from Kiev to Detroit and one way was $3000 rountrip, $1000....

Dr. Bill

www.cheaptickets.com and www.vayama.com sometimes do good deals on one way.

beach_1_001.jpg

Timeline

Actually I have a follow up question to the original. I just contacted the airline I will ultimately be flying on. They advised I need to have the correct documentation for boarding a fight to the US on a one way ticket. Among the paperwork supplied by the consulate, is there anything specifically labeled as the correct paperwork?

Actually I have a follow up question to the original. I just contacted the airline I will ultimately be flying on. They advised I need to have the correct documentation for boarding a fight to the US on a one way ticket. Among the paperwork supplied by the consulate, is there anything specifically labeled as the correct paperwork?

The Visa :thumbs:

Timeline

Okay so the Visa is seperate from the do not open brown envelope?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Personally im not buying my ticket till i have visa in hand, but the choice is up to you,

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We bought a one-way ticket through American Airlines on a K-1. No issues in any way.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Okay so the Visa is seperate from the do not open brown envelope?

Yes, the visa is affixed to a page in your passport.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The reason the airline says that is because if she is not able to get into the US they are responsible for paying for the trip back.

More time then not you will see the one way more then the round trip.

My advise is buy the round trip ticket. I would buy it beforethe interview. Poland interwiew was not that difficult as long as you have all the documentation. Also I would book the return for a time when you think you might both go back. You have new inlaws so Im sure they will want to get to know you more. Anyway your almost there :dance:

Good Luck

01-05-08 Mailed Priortity USPS to VSC

01-07-08 129f package Received by VSC

01-09-08 Offical Received VCS

01-11-08 Check Cashed

01-15-08 Received NOA1 in mail

01-15-08 Touched

02-17-08 Touched, woohoo

03-05-08 Approved

03-10-08 NVC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.