Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
'ya'll act like you never seen an Algerian before...jaws all on the floor.....'

Jackie

(bet ya didn't know I was a rapper)

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Iran is pretty strict and I am sure there are honor punishments or killings or whatever - but look at WOMs thread of the women in iran. Maybe some parts are different than others, in algeria as well.

Also maybe sara aziz's definition of dress as she pleases is conservative modern clothing. So she thinks she is dressing as she pleases but really it fits within the norms. I find it hard to believe that they go around beating you in algeria if you dont wear a jellabia

Lastly they are coming to live in america. So whether or not her husband is OK with or supposed to be OK with xtian girls and jewish names for children, maybe they just figure they are living in the US - so what?

Oh and edited to say, I think I would rather visit sara aziz's version of algeria!

Edited by chaishai

'ya'll act like you never seen an Algerian before...jaws all on the floor.....'

Jackie

(bet ya didn't know I was a rapper)

Down here that would be:

"Ya'll be actin' like ya'll neva' seed no Algerian b'fur"

lolllllllllll

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I would actually want to stay in Lebanon, but since it's very unstable I would be glad to be leaving the torn country.... But I would MISS IT!! Which is what my husband is going to do, he loves his country but not when it's torn apart like now :(

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Wahrania seriously you need to chill out about this. We all get that you know a lot about algerian culture but you push it too far every time. hell I've lived in america all my life but I still dont know that I am an 'expert' on american culture, there are so many aspects and individuals that comprise the whole. when you start ranting like this you just undermine any of your own credibility and intelligence.

think about it like this:

lets say I had an algerian come visit me for a month in my central california town and we spent the month hanging out, maybe travelling around the state to LA, SF, Napa, etc. lets say another algerian went to stay with my cousins in southern arkansas for a month in their town of 1500 people and they spent a month huntin' and fishin' and callin' the hogs. I am 100% certain they would have VASTLY different experiences here, and when they compared anecdotes it would pretty much be like they had been on different planets, not the same country ....

Can you not accept that maybe there are others out there who have different knowledge/experience of algeria than you do??

Thank you so much for being such an intelligent individual I started to think there were none!!

Timeline
They still stone people in Iran, and my luck, having none, I would end up in the stone pit :devil:

See so they stone people :blink: but there are still women walking around looking gorgeous even holding hands in the pics WOM posted. So someone who went to a predominantly conservative section of iran where there were lots of stonings might feel one way, and someone who spent alot of time around the iranian pretty girls in their designer jeans might feel another. If it is true in iran i am sure it could be true in algeria!

You got men beating their mothers and killing them here in USA what the heck is a wife compared to a mother who has nurtured a child and gets beaten by them?? Women are taken advantage of everywhere. Dating isn't considered abuse but it is when men play games and use the women for money, cheats on her and she has kids to take care of (I'm talking american with american). You don't have to beat a woman to abuse her.

Algeria is exactly as I described it and if you are American visiting there you can wear whatever you WANT as long as you cover up it's just a formality of respect if you don't want people to think otherwise of you. If your husband made you wear heavy clothing don't get upset my husband respects me as a woman. He has sisters no dad and a mother he's learned what a womans respect is. Villages you will see women from other countries wearing miini dresses Wallah for that. Thank God my husband isn't anything like the man you are marrying, he doesn't see any difference between Jews Muslims or Christians. We are all one people. When you die tomorrow what have you accomplished if you carry hate because of religion? Which God teaches that? God forgive ignorant individuals like you who try to push their ways and thinking onto other people.

I don't know if you were calling me a lose girl or what but I kept my self pure until marriage without any bfs. My husband cried when he knew my father accepted him to marry me. That's what my father taught me to be educated, be a good self respecting woman and your husband will respect you and work with you. That's exactly what I did with God's help and teachings of Jesus Christ. If your family in algeria doesn't respect you that you are fully american and are old enough to dress yourself as you want I'm so sorry I don't know how successful your marriage or happiness in this life will be but I pray God gives you some common sense because you are heading for disaster. This is your second marriage with an Arab and muslim I believe. It seems you havent learned anything about self respect.

Iran is pretty strict and I am sure there are honor punishments or killings or whatever - but look at WOMs thread of the women in iran. Maybe some parts are different than others, in algeria as well.

Also maybe sara aziz's definition of dress as she pleases is conservative modern clothing. So she thinks she is dressing as she pleases but really it fits within the norms. I find it hard to believe that they go around beating you in algeria if you dont wear a jellabia

Lastly they are coming to live in america. So whether or not her husband is OK with or supposed to be OK with xtian girls and jewish names for children, maybe they just figure they are living in the US - so what?

Oh and edited to say, I think I would rather visit sara aziz's version of algeria!

Welcome to Algeria anytime! :star:

Filed: Timeline
You got men beating their mothers and killing them here in USA what the heck is a wife compared to a mother who has nurtured a child and gets beaten by them?? Women are taken advantage of everywhere. Dating isn't considered abuse but it is when men play games and use the women for money, cheats on her and she has kids to take care of (I'm talking american with american). You don't have to beat a woman to abuse her.

Algeria is exactly as I described it and if you are American visiting there you can wear whatever you WANT as long as you cover up it's just a formality of respect if you don't want people to think otherwise of you. If your husband made you wear heavy clothing don't get upset my husband respects me as a woman. He has sisters no dad and a mother he's learned what a womans respect is. Villages you will see women from other countries wearing miini dresses Wallah for that. Thank God my husband isn't anything like the man you are marrying, he doesn't see any difference between Jews Muslims or Christians. We are all one people. When you die tomorrow what have you accomplished if you carry hate because of religion? Which God teaches that? God forgive ignorant individuals like you who try to push their ways and thinking onto other people.

I don't know if you were calling me a lose girl or what but I kept my self pure until marriage without any bfs. My husband cried when he knew my father accepted him to marry me. That's what my father taught me to be educated, be a good self respecting woman and your husband will respect you and work with you. That's exactly what I did with God's help and teachings of Jesus Christ. If your family in algeria doesn't respect you that you are fully american and are old enough to dress yourself as you want I'm so sorry I don't know how successful your marriage or happiness in this life will be but I pray God gives you some common sense because you are heading for disaster. This is your second marriage with an Arab and muslim I believe. It seems you havent learned anything about self respect.

First,

I have never called you loose . In fact I never addressed you in any of my posts. You came at me saying that because I am American I should stick to my own culture.

First, In many arab cultures it is NOT APPROPRIATE to kiss in the street. Period. At the airport upon arrival cheek cheek but its just not that common to see people kissing in many Algerian cultures.

Second , you and I have one critical difference. I have commited to raising my children muslim as their muslim Algerian father and yes he is from a very conservative muslim family as are most of his neighbors. The man who lives next to him calls the adhan every day and all his neighbors wives wear hijabs or at least a foulard and their social life consists of visiting each other in the houses, cooking , shopping together and going to the hamam for a public bath.

You don't need to point me towards disaster because unlike you, I choose to respect the dominant culture of the country where my husbands family is from and even if I was not together with him, his child would be raised as an Algerian MUSLIM respecting Islam and Algerian culture and society. You have posted on here asking for possible Jewish names for your Algerian child. Is this the norm Sara, even on another planet, Algeria is a muslim nation, period. The children are instructed in Islam in the neighborhoods and its part of the Algerian personality. You have discussed already having clashes with your husband over your behavior in hugging one of his family members. You dont need to worry about my behavior. I am anticipating constantly on the side of conservative behavior and unlike you, my child will likely practice Islam whether in the USA or not.

As to implying that the behavior you describe as the norm all over Algeria? I think not. Even women who dress conservatively are still bound by conservative Algerian rules such as not letting the child out of the country without the fathers permission. The man can still divorce you easily and is permitted 4 wives. Everything may be all sunshine and roses right now, Sarah but the fact still remains. You are married to an Algerian muslim . He will want his children raised Muslim not Christian. Period. You cannot maintain western behavior over there for any protracted period of time and expect to stay with him. I knew going into this what kind of man I was marrying and the conservative nature of his family. Period.

You are not desribing Algeria . You are describing where you live and what is accepted there. It is NOT accepted all over Algeria to go out at night, dressing whatever way you want and doing whatever way you want. Its wasnt even until 2002 that the Islamic insurgency slowed down and hijab has remained a way for women to protect themselves against terror and unwanted advances. To not acknowledge this is simply irresponsible

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so if she's not loose, she's tight? :innocent:

:pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

First,

I have never called you loose . In fact I never addressed you in any of my posts. You came at me saying that because I am American I should stick to my own culture.

First, In many arab cultures it is NOT APPROPRIATE to kiss in the street. Period. At the airport upon arrival cheek cheek but its just not that common to see people kissing in many Algerian cultures.

Second , you and I have one critical difference. I have commited to raising my children muslim as their muslim Algerian father and yes he is from a very conservative muslim family as are most of his neighbors. The man who lives next to him calls the adhan every day and all his neighbors wives wear hijabs or at least a foulard and their social life consists of visiting each other in the houses, cooking , shopping together and going to the hamam for a public bath.

You don't need to point me towards disaster because unlike you, I choose to respect the dominant culture of the country where my husbands family is from and even if I was not together with him, his child would be raised as an Algerian MUSLIM respecting Islam and Algerian culture and society. You have posted on here asking for possible Jewish names for your Algerian child. Is this the norm Sara, even on another planet, Algeria is a muslim nation, period. The children are instructed in Islam in the neighborhoods and its part of the Algerian personality. You have discussed already having clashes with your husband over your behavior in hugging one of his family members. You dont need to worry about my behavior. I am anticipating constantly on the side of conservative behavior and unlike you, my child will likely practice Islam whether in the USA or not.

As to implying that the behavior you describe as the norm all over Algeria? I think not. Even women who dress conservatively are still bound by conservative Algerian rules such as not letting the child out of the country without the fathers permission. The man can still divorce you easily and is permitted 4 wives. Everything may be all sunshine and roses right now, Sarah but the fact still remains. You are married to an Algerian muslim . He will want his children raised Muslim not Christian. Period. You cannot maintain western behavior over there for any protracted period of time and expect to stay with him. I knew going into this what kind of man I was marrying and the conservative nature of his family. Period.

You are not desribing Algeria . You are describing where you live and what is accepted there. It is NOT accepted all over Algeria to go out at night, dressing whatever way you want and doing whatever way you want. Its wasnt even until 2002 that the Islamic insurgency slowed down and hijab has remained a way for women to protect themselves against terror and unwanted advances. To not acknowledge this is simply irresponsible

Shes anything she wants to be, but certainly not going to tell me what I saw and didnt see among working class and day to day life in Algeria.

Timeline

First,

Shes anything she wants to be, but certainly not going to tell me what I saw and didnt see among working class and day to day life in Algeria.

You dont want her to tell you what you saw, but you are telling her that "He will want his children raised Muslim not Christian. Period. " and things like this.... How do you know what her husband will want? You can stereotype on what you think algerian muslim men would want in general but you dont know specifically what sort of arrangement she has with her husband and what they have agreed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.