Kros

Affidavit of Support-I'm really worried.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So I just found out that my petition has been approved and I'm worried about the Affidavit of Support form that I will need complete in th near future. I graduated from college in January and till this date I still do not have a job. I've ben to so many interviews but no luck. Could the fact that I'm unemployed cause the rejection of the K1 visa? I will have my dad as a co sponsor and he has a good job and makes enough money to support all three of us. I still live my parents and me and my fiancee will have a nice apartment on the second floor in my parent's house. What should I do about that Affidavit of Support. Should I get any kind of job asap just to have something to put on th form or it's ok since I have my father as a co sponsor. BTW I deliver food to earn some money right now and I easily make about $500 a week but it's all cash. I probably can't put that on my Affidavit of Support form, right? Thanks for the help. I'm so stressed right now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If you have a co-sponsor you'll be fine!

If you aren't claiming the $500/week in taxes...then you can't show it on the support docs.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline
So I just found out that my petition has been approved and I'm worried about the Affidavit of Support form that I will need complete in th near future. I graduated from college in January and till this date I still do not have a job. I've ben to so many interviews but no luck. Could the fact that I'm unemployed cause the rejection of the K1 visa? I will have my dad as a co sponsor and he has a good job and makes enough money to support all three of us. I still live my parents and me and my fiancee will have a nice apartment on the second floor in my parent's house. What should I do about that Affidavit of Support. Should I get any kind of job asap just to have something to put on th form or it's ok since I have my father as a co sponsor. BTW I deliver food to earn some money right now and I easily make about $500 a week but it's all cash. I probably can't put that on my Affidavit of Support form, right? Thanks for the help. I'm so stressed right now.

Hey Kros,

Just so you know, this has been asked numerous times, by me as well, and EVERYONE says you will be fine. So that kind of gives you an idea of how many people are IN the same situation as you, and how many people get their visas approved!!

You are so fine it's totally cool.

I am a college student (haven't graduated yet) and have no income whatsoeever. As long as you have a co-sponsor you're alright. This is like the #1 most stressful thing for us college people, and everyone says it's okay and everyone has gotten theirs approved, so don't worry.

Yea, I wouldn't put anything on the affidavit unless it's taxable and the govt. keeps track of it haha. so yea, as long as your dad can support himself, your fiance, and you (i assume you are financially dependent upon him,as in he claimed you as a dependent on his taxes) then you are good.

Good luck!!

also Kros, just so you know, you need to turn in an affidavit for you AND your co-sponsor. You both need to have one. the embassy will look at both affidavits and choose the one that can support the fiance.

so yea, you still need to turn one in, as well as any supporting evidence like tax returns, etc if you have any.

Timeline

Do both of us still need to submit a Affidavit of Support form or only my father? I also read that as a co sponsor he also must fill out some papers like G325A. What else does he need to send and where do we send all that paper work? Do we send it over to my fiancee so she can bring it to the interview? Do I need to send any more documents somewhere here in US or I'm pretty much done and the rest of the process will take place in Poland?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Do both of us still need to submit a Affidavit of Support form or only my father? I also read that as a co sponsor he also must fill out some papers like G325A. What else does he need to send and where do we send all that paper work? Do we send it over to my fiancee so she can bring it to the interview? Do I need to send any more documents somewhere here in US or I'm pretty much done and the rest of the process will take place in Poland?

Both of you need an I-134. You are the primary sponsor, your dad is a cosponsor.

He will need pay stubs, letter from employer, tax info.

Your finacee takes it with her to the interview.

As the petitioner you only need to send the I-134 and any proof of relationship documents. Other stuff may be outlined in the packet 3 your fiancee will receive.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Hey Kros,

Just so you know, this has been asked numerous times, by me as well, and EVERYONE says you will be fine. So that kind of gives you an idea of how many people are IN the same situation as you, and how many people get their visas approved!!

You are so fine it's totally cool.

I am a college student (haven't graduated yet) and have no income whatsoeever. As long as you have a co-sponsor you're alright. This is like the #1 most stressful thing for us college people, and everyone says it's okay and everyone has gotten theirs approved, so don't worry.

Yea, I wouldn't put anything on the affidavit unless it's taxable and the govt. keeps track of it haha. so yea, as long as your dad can support himself, your fiance, and you (i assume you are financially dependent upon him,as in he claimed you as a dependent on his taxes) then you are good.

Good luck!!

also Kros, just so you know, you need to turn in an affidavit for you AND your co-sponsor. You both need to have one. the embassy will look at both affidavits and choose the one that can support the fiance.

so yea, you still need to turn one in, as well as any supporting evidence like tax returns, etc if you have any.

In the past both of my parents used to claim me as a dependent on their taxes but this year they didn't. I still had a job in 2007 and filed the taxes myself. Now I'm unemployed but I still did my tax returns from 2007. Would that help me a little bit?

Timeline

Could the fact hat I live with my parents but they did not claim me as a dependent on the tax returns be a problem since I'm using my father as a co sponsor? We all have th same address and all but this year I claimed myself alone to get some more money back. I'm really worried and need your advice on what to do.

Timeline
Could the fact hat I live with my parents but they did not claim me as a dependent on the tax returns be a problem since I'm using my father as a co sponsor? We all have th same address and all but this year I claimed myself alone to get some more money back. I'm really worried and need your advice on what to do.

Anyone?

Anyone?

No not at all. The embassy isnt interested in seeing if the father can support you. You're already a US citizen. The co-sponsor does not have to be a relative, it can be a friend. Your father not claiming you as a dependent has nothing to do with anything, so don't worry you're not gonna have a problem. So do you have any siblings? as long as your father can support himself, whoever depends upon him financially, and your fiance then you're okay. When I say "as long as he can support all these people financially", i mean as long as he meets the criteria of being 125% above the poverty limit.

Also, I answered the question already about how many affidavits you have to turn in. You must turn in ONE for you and ONE from your co-sponsor, so TWO in total. Your co-sponsor needs to turn in ALL financial information that you hjave to turn in.

Examples are letter from employer, tax returns w2's, sometimes bank statements, sometimes they dont need them.

Where do you send them? Not every embassy is the same so you need to read up on what your embassy requires. Also when you read up on this, see what financial documents you need to provide as evidence, etc.

Also, I assume you are going to have to have your fiance bring this with her to the interview, so I'd send all the documents to her, but make sure by reading about the embassy in Poland.

You are done for now. When you finish collecting all this information and send it out to whjere it needs to be sent out, the only thing you need to do is wait... wait more, and when the time comes, get an airplane ticket for your fiance!

Timeline

Thanks for the help. BTW I do have one sibling and he is claimed as a dependent of my parents. I know that my parents claim the taxes together as a married couple so do I use both of them as cosponsors or do I have to pick one. My father makes around 35xxx a year plus my mom makes around 30xxx so either one of them could be a good sponsor, right? One more, besides I-134, all the employment info, what other things does my cosponsor needs to fill out. Does he need to complete a G325A as well?

Edited by Kros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just use your dad as the co-sponsor.

No G325 for your dad, just the I-134. Nothing else to fill out but he (as well as you) need to provide evidence showing your income. This means tax returns (lots of people send in the past 3 years' worth), a letter from employers, letter from the bank, paystubs, etc. If your dad's well over the poverty limit then he doesn't need to send every single piece of evidence in, only "sufficient" proof of his salary. Tax returns is usually best bet and I'd send in the letter from his employer too.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Just use your dad as the co-sponsor.

No G325 for your dad, just the I-134. Nothing else to fill out but he (as well as you) need to provide evidence showing your income. This means tax returns (lots of people send in the past 3 years' worth), a letter from employers, letter from the bank, paystubs, etc. If your dad's well over the poverty limit then he doesn't need to send every single piece of evidence in, only "sufficient" proof of his salary. Tax returns is usually best bet and I'd send in the letter from his employer too.

Your dad supports financally how many people? If he didnt claim you as a dependent then you don't count. So right now with what youre telling me he supports currently two people (your sibling and himself) plus your fiance. So he needs to meet the criteria for supporting a household of three.

Your dad doesnt have to do the 325 but like snowytater said, he needs to provide all the evidence that you do as the primary sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.