july052007

any RN's around???

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

there is a wide range of pay, but there are hospitals in NYC that pay 80K/year

It depends on location and how big the demand is though. I can also highly recommend, www.allnurses.com for all kinds of nurse related questions.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

The hospital where i work the RN's make between $25.00 and $38.00 an hour. Weekend only nurses make an additional $8.00 an hour on top of their wage. This is in SE Wisconsin.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi july! How was it during the interview? were u asked anything abou your profession being a nurse? I guess you know what I mean.

Best regards!

Thanks.

hello,

thank you for all your replies, at least an estimate can be made on how much does RN gets in different states... and regarding your question, i guess the consul was very busy that she didnt even bother to ask questions about me... all she asked was bout my husband and the relationship.... so i guess me being a nurse wasnt really a big deal for her, its just a profession like any others... but i gotcha where ur question is coming from...

again thanks for the replies!!!!

july05

"do what it takes..." by A&G

para sa karagdagang larawan at mga detalye ng aming paglalakbay...

My IMMIGRATION, POE, CFO and INTERVIEW Experience

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

it waits, it persists, and lingers forever...

K3 VISA

California Service Center - Texas Service Center - Manila US Embassy

August 2007 - filed I130

September 2007 - filed I129F

April 24, 2008 - interview and VISA APPROVED!

May 02, 2008 - visa in hand, had the CFO stamping done at once, bought ticket online...

May 03, 2008 - flew to US to be with stinky love...

July 22, 2008 - Sent AOS Package to CHICAGO Lockbox

July 24, 2008 - received package

July 29, 2008 - NOA for AOS and EAD

Aug 01, 2008 - Touched....

Oct 01, 2008 - Received EAD

still waiting on AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a RN student, another year to go. All depends where you live. Usually the more $$$, the higher the cost of living. Here in the DC area, a new grad can except to start out around $25 an hour, plus shift/weekend differential. Check out http://allnurses.com/

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi july! How was it during the interview? were u asked anything abou your profession being a nurse? I guess you know what I mean.

Best regards!

Thanks.

hello,

thank you for all your replies, at least an estimate can be made on how much does RN gets in different states... and regarding your question, i guess the consul was very busy that she didnt even bother to ask questions about me... all she asked was bout my husband and the relationship.... so i guess me being a nurse wasnt really a big deal for her, its just a profession like any others... but i gotcha where ur question is coming from...

again thanks for the replies!!!!

july05

Thanks.What actually prompted me to ask you was because of the post I read being questioned in relation to her profession as a nurse.

Again, thanks..God bless. (L)

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In California in te BAy area you can get 100,000 or more sometimes if you move out you get 75K. If you do 12 hour or night shift you can get 120K. Most pinoy get 2 jobs.

a 12 hour 6 days every 2 weeks and a second job earning more then 200K and some 300K.

hello RN's....

just wanna ask what's the starting pay now for RN's in you all's respective state???? and how did it go when u first did ur job hunting in the US??? any pointers for a starter will be greatly appreciated...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I worked at a hospital for 8 years. The RN's start at $17hr. in Idaho with considerable raise after the first year and then there is differential for working weekends and night shifts. With differential if you are willing to work the off hours then you get something like 15% more an hour. I feel sad for the starting RN's in Idaho because it's so low. I know an LPN in Utah who started at $21hr. if that gives you some better idea of the difference. She also chose to work the night shift and make as much as an RN in her state. I am shocked RN's in NYC make $80,000 a year!

Wow I am triple double shocked at what RN's in Cali make! I need to switch professions me thinks. :blush:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The hospital where i work the RN's make between $25.00 and $38.00 an hour. Weekend only nurses make an additional $8.00 an hour on top of their wage. This is in SE Wisconsin.

Howdy neighbor, I'm also an RN in SE Wisconsin :)

I feel sad for the starting RN's in Idaho because it's so low. I know an LPN in Utah who started at $21hr. if that gives you some better idea of the difference.

Are you saying the LPN's there make more than the RN's??? Or maybe I read that wrong?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

My mom is an RN at the VA hospital, and she makes $37 an hour, shes been a nurse for 12 years

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello RN's....

just wanna ask what's the starting pay now for RN's in you all's respective state???? and how did it go when u first did ur job hunting in the US??? any pointers for a starter will be greatly appreciated...

In Califronia Kaiser pays $52.00 an hour or more to start with. Most jobs in the San Francisco Bay Area are at 100K plus. many work 6 days every to weeks and make over 100K and get a second job so some make over 200K in the Bay area.

On call nurses can make 80.00 plus an hour.

Anyone can help me with my fincee She has a BS in Nursing from Manila. We just process the K-1 about 3 weeks ago got hour NOA1.

What she needs to do and where she needs to get her finger prints done?

Anyone got the steps that she needs to do to take the California NCLEX-RN test.