shakira08

what location in USA that has border patrol checkpoint?

13 posts in this topic

Hello people! does any body experience where any border patrol checkpoint ? just curious if any body experience that? To share an experience is highly appreciated. God bless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally don't understand what you are asking or why so sorry can't answer.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, fishing for information to avoid border checkpoints is against TOS (and probably illegal too).

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Yeah, fishing for information to avoid border checkpoints is against TOS (and probably illegal too).

I completely agree Platy. Kindly can someone remove this to another forum, this is not a topic for this forum.

Hello people! does any body experience where any border patrol checkpoint ? just curious if any body experience that? To share an experience is highly appreciated. God bless.

Maybe, you are inquiring about crossing state borders, not country borders. :)

if you drive in texas anywhere close to the mexican border, you may encounter a border patrol roadblock where they check for papers.

mostly, they are looking for mexicans without papers. however, if you do not have proper documentation, then you may be in trouble.

best thing to do is stay far away from the border areas, at least two hundred miles.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
if you drive in texas anywhere close to the mexican border, you may encounter a border patrol roadblock where they check for papers.

mostly, they are looking for mexicans without papers. however, if you do not have proper documentation, then you may be in trouble.

best thing to do is stay far away from the border areas, at least two hundred miles.

same for arizona. some of our friends live a little bit outside of the city and we always get into a checkpoint. they are pretty flexible and set them up at different locations each day.

*shrugs*

i will defo try to avoid getting closer to the border (we live 40 miles away from the border) as soon as my visa expires and and my AOS papers aren't approved. just to prevent trouble. but the border patrol people are incredibly nice and polite.

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

HELLOOOO!???? I am not fishing for any information,ok? I just asked this kind of question only becoz we haven't filed AOS yet. But i am married within 90days period. Were just not familiar with any border patrol checkpoint. Becoz i read in one forum that there is a couple that just got married in california, and husband is from cameron, texas. So this husband was driving his new wife to cameron, but they past this border checkpoint in El Paso, and his wife was detained for carrying expired visa (b2 visa) and expired I-94. But now bail out and in good hands with the husband as far as husband posted in the forum.

Now with relation to my queries. We are plannning for a trip from Tallahasee to Austin texas (driving only). So just curious ony if there is any checkpoint becos some officer have little knowledge when it comes to immigration. But of course i will bring our documents with us in our travel to be safe.

And also PlatyPius, for your Info I am here legally in US except that im out of status only. Soon we will file, except that we are in financially drain right now.

Maybe the OP just does not want to be hassled. It's bad enough going through customs sometimes, let alone having to deal with border patrol.

FYI...border patrol always seems to be at the Greyhound station in Toledo, Ohio.

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Roving Border Patrol checks happen within a hundred miles or so of the US/Mexican and US/Canadan borders. The usually take the form of a road block flagging out people that they wish to investigage. As long as you have been inside the US you are ok. Maybe just for some documentation of your trip keep the receipts from the gas pump and meals that way you have a track of your path. The most they till do is question you a lot.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Roving Border Patrol checks happen within a hundred miles or so of the US/Mexican and US/Canadan borders. The usually take the form of a road block flagging out people that they wish to investigage. As long as you have been inside the US you are ok. Maybe just for some documentation of your trip keep the receipts from the gas pump and meals that way you have a track of your path. The most they till do is question you a lot.

Thank you guys for all the replies. My brother in law told us that no need to worry because no roving border patrol on our way to Austin from Tallahassee. But still he advised that always bring our necessary documents just to be safe. Thnxs again...God bless to everyone!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Border Patrol check points are on all hiways heading north from Mexico., They are usually within 50 miles of the US-Mexico border. You will also find Border Patrol working at random along the Canadian border, central valley of California, or whereever illegals might look for a job.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.