4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancee arrived in the US in Feb 1. We married April 19, 2008. The reason I waited was because I wanted the marriage to be 2 years from the day we met. (April 22, 2006). 22 was on Tuesday and I had to work, so we made it for SATURDAY. Will the fact that I waited so long be bad? Her visa expires May 2nd-the marriage is witin 90days. My lawyer is filling out the info. Do the papers have to be in the USCIS office before 90 days(I hope not). The money orders that are required are: $930 - Green card application, $80 petition and $355 fingerprints. Is that correct? Are there any sample interview questions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ: 6.1)...How soon after we get married should we apply for Adjustment of Status?

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.1

You need to at least wait until you have your marriage cert.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hello,

My fiancee arrived in the US in Feb 1. We married April 19, 2008. The reason I waited was because I wanted the marriage to be 2 years from the day we met. (April 22, 2006). 22 was on Tuesday and I had to work, so we made it for SATURDAY. Will the fact that I waited so long be bad? Her visa expires May 2nd-the marriage is witin 90days. My lawyer is filling out the info. Do the papers have to be in the USCIS office before 90 days(I hope not). The money orders that are required are: $930 - Green card application, $80 petition and $355 fingerprints. Is that correct? Are there any sample interview questions?

As long as you married within the 90 days of her arriving in the US, there is no time limit as to when you file for your AOS. The total cost of AOS is $1010. That covers the AOS, biometrics, AP(Advanced Parole) and EAD(Employment Authorization Document). You don't really need a laywer to file your AOS papers. Many people did this themselves and saved a bunch of money.

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

applicatio fee $930

biometrics fee $80

No additional petition needed when adjusting from K-1 status if the marriage occured within the 90 days

You probably have a 50/50 chance of not being interviewed so don't worry about it until you know for sure

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.