anxiousandwaiting

Montreal Interview- Approved!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I had my interview in Montreal this morning and was approved! After 254 days, it's all over!

I got to the consulate shortly before 7am and was the third in line. At 7:30 they opened the doors and handed out letters. At 7:45am, the first four (A-D) were brought up to the 19th floor and the process started. You hand in your letter and they take your appointment letter and passport. They then call you back and hand you the fees breakdown. You go to the cashier and pay the fees then go back to the window where your documentation is reviewed. You must bring originals and photocopies. You get sent back to the waiting room and called up again to have your fingerprints taken. You get sent back to the waiting room again and wait for the consular officer to call you for you "interview". You get called into a booth and the officer gives you back your originals and asks you to take an oath. She only asked me one question- how my husband and I met- and that was it! She explained the process of mailing back the visa etc. and sent me on my way. Less than two minutes. I got out by 9:30am. A gentlemen I went in with(he was "B", I was "C" was out by 9am).

Advice:

-Make sure you have all your documents in order and organized(remember to bring photocopies of your originals)

-As for payment- you can pay cash(make sure it's' $400 US dollars! or bring more for CDN- depending on the exchange rate) and I believe you can pay with credit card

-If you don't have your expresspost envelope(a girl next to me didn't have hers), they will supply one and charge you for it. I suggest bringing one with you. There's a CANADA POST in the Complexe Desjardins(on the lower level). It's two blocks away from the consulate, where the Hyatt is. I just bought mine yesterday when I arrived.

-If you need to stay in a hotel, stay close to the consulate. I stayed in the Days Inn Downtown on Rene Levesque which was a fifteen minute walk- which I didn't mind. There's La Tour Centre-ville across the street, the Hyatt(pricey) two blocks away

-Bring a magazine or something to read

-Do not bring large purses etc. A woman who was sixth in line was sent to return a briefcase and ended up at the end of the line

Good luck to all you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

awesome ! congrats !

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi,

I had my interview in Montreal this morning and was approved! After 254 days, it's all over!

I got to the consulate shortly before 7am and was the third in line. At 7:30 they opened the doors and handed out letters. At 7:45am, the first four (A-D) were brought up to the 19th floor and the process started. You hand in your letter and they take your appointment letter and passport. They then call you back and hand you the fees breakdown. You go to the cashier and pay the fees then go back to the window where your documentation is reviewed. You must bring originals and photocopies. You get sent back to the waiting room and called up again to have your fingerprints taken. You get sent back to the waiting room again and wait for the consular officer to call you for you "interview". You get called into a booth and the officer gives you back your originals and asks you to take an oath. She only asked me one question- how my husband and I met- and that was it! She explained the process of mailing back the visa etc. and sent me on my way. Less than two minutes. I got out by 9:30am. A gentlemen I went in with(he was "B", I was "C" was out by 9am).

Advice:

-Make sure you have all your documents in order and organized(remember to bring photocopies of your originals)

-As for payment- you can pay cash(make sure it's' $400 US dollars! or bring more for CDN- depending on the exchange rate) and I believe you can pay with credit card

-If you don't have your expresspost envelope(a girl next to me didn't have hers), they will supply one and charge you for it. I suggest bringing one with you. There's a CANADA POST in the Complexe Desjardins(on the lower level). It's two blocks away from the consulate, where the Hyatt is. I just bought mine yesterday when I arrived.

-If you need to stay in a hotel, stay close to the consulate. I stayed in the Days Inn Downtown on Rene Levesque which was a fifteen minute walk- which I didn't mind. There's La Tour Centre-ville across the street, the Hyatt(pricey) two blocks away

-Bring a magazine or something to read

-Do not bring large purses etc. A woman who was sixth in line was sent to return a briefcase and ended up at the end of the line

Good luck to all you!

Congrats!!!!!!

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very nice, congrats.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Congrats on the approval!

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Uh ohs.

What if I sent in the originals when I sent in my packet?

You think they will understand?, or that they will give me back my originals on the interview day?

Please reply :dead:

K1-Visa in Montreal, Canada.

4/07 - Filed the I-129 F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)] Along with Bio forms [G-325a for both of us]

6/07 - Forms got resent back to my Fiance because I forgot to sign some papers. [silly me]

11/28/07 - Got my K1-Packet 3!!! It was a headache to fill in the papers.

2/15/08 - Sent all documents and forms through express! I was close to the expiration date

3/27/08 - Interview letter!!! I was in the US with my Fiance so I couldn't come back in time, rescheduled appointment.

4/24/08 - Got my interview done :) Approved! Passport+visa+brown envelope will be sent within a week.

5/1/08 - Got my Visa!

~ Flying to US on 6/11/08.

~June 19 2008- Married!!!

7/25/08 - Sent in AOS: I-485 along with EAD, AP.

8/7/08 - EAD, AP, AOS touched.

8/19/08 - Got an RFE for I-485... Fixing it.

8/22/08 - Biometrics taken in Portland.

10/08 - Another Bio (for work authorization card).

-- received my work authorization card and advance parole papers in meantime--

1/15/09 - AOS INTERVIEW *faints* in Seattle, Washington.

2/2/09 - Green Card!

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Uh ohs.

You think they will understand?, or that they will give me back my originals on the interview day?

you should probably start a new post b/c i'm not sure a lot of ppl will read your question here..

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Uh ohs.

I believe if you sent the originals in with your packet, you will receive them back that day.....

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's been said before and it might be a bit trite but CONGRATS!!!!!! :dance:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.