Seattle2Cebu

k-3 after two k-1 visas used up ??

8 posts in this topic

I had an phony scammer burn up my second k-1 petition.. If at some point in the future, I married overseas, and then brought my wife on a k-3 does any of this imbra stuff apply?

I believe you would need to apply for a waiver along with your petition but I'm sure others will intervene and guide you!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I had an phony scammer burn up my second k-1 petition.. If at some point in the future, I married overseas, and then brought my wife on a k-3 does any of this imbra stuff apply?

I believe you would need to apply for a waiver along with your petition but I'm sure others will intervene and guide you!

The limitations don't apply to K3 but you would have to answer the same IMBRA related questions on the I-129F.

A CR1 path with no I-129F would seem a better choice but the only one I've seen do that took a very long time to get through USCIS to NOA2. I haven't really been following it, so I don't know how much longer than a year but at least a year in a black hole.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can have more than two petitions for K-1 but on the third and any subsequent try you need to request a waiver. To the best of my knowledge most if not all who had applied for waivers had them granted but then again it has been a while too....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ummmmmm, speaking from experience FWAGUY. :whistle:

You can have more than two petitions for K-1 but on the third and any subsequent try you need to request a waiver. To the best of my knowledge most if not all who had applied for waivers had them granted but then again it has been a while too....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Consuidering that I have taken the time to try and read and understand the underlying law, something you have failed to do on a daily basis.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ahhhhhhh I see the resident expert in law now, very interesting. :thumbs:

Consuidering that I have taken the time to try and read and understand the underlying law, something you have failed to do on a daily basis.

The limitations don't apply to K3 but you would have to answer the same IMBRA related questions on the I-129F.

A CR1 path with no I-129F would seem a better choice but the only one I've seen do that took a very long time to get through USCIS to NOA2. I haven't really been following it, so I don't know how much longer than a year but at least a year in a black hole.

Anecdotally around here, people have found that they've needed a waiver for the K-3; at least, it's not clear that USCIS is interpreting the law as written. It's supposed to apply only to K-1s.

But as written, he'd just have to answer the IMBRA questions like anyone else. In practice, he might have to write a waiver (but they seem to be pretty easy to secure.)

I wouldn't recommend marrying *just* to avoid IMBRA, because simply being married doesn't make the relationship automatically more valid.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.