mRx

Identity theft

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it just goes to show that there is really no need work for your own money when you can easily steal it from someone else.

I find it funny, the last time I was at Nordstroms, I distinctly remember having to thoroughly verify my identity. Almost to the point that I was upset about it.

Yet, a month later, someone who is not me can easily use my identity for 2 separate purchases at Nordstroms for over $600. It's just unbelievable.

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im sorry, Matt. Did you report this to the Federal Trade Commission?

1 - 877 - ID - THEFT or ftc.gov/idtheft

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

get on em bro!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Yes, file the police report first, then contact the FTC.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
get on em bro!!

Oh I'd love to find out who did it. I'd burn their whole family tree down.

was this done by check or credit card?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

get on em bro!!

That happened to me once. I spent over $500. in Mississippi while I was in the philippines on my second trip. I remember how mad I was.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Watch your credit reports and put alerts pn all your accounts if you haven't done that yet.

ID theft is a horrible thing and you can't be careful enough.

Just out of curiousity: Do you have an idea how that could have happened?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

get on em bro!!

It was done on my debit card.

Watch your credit reports and put alerts pn all your accounts if you haven't done that yet.

ID theft is a horrible thing and you can't be careful enough.

Just out of curiousity: Do you have an idea how that could have happened?

I don't know. I always burn every piece of paper that has any of my information on it.

The only thing I can think of is Paypal. But I thought that they we're supposed to be pretty "safe".

That happened to me once. I spent over $500. in Mississippi while I was in the philippines on my second trip. I remember how mad I was.

Yeah man it really sucks. I'm stuck to using checks now. And nobody takes checks anywhere!

21FUNNY.gif

Timeline

I don't think in this day and age anyone is really safe. It is just a corrupt and corroded world we live in.

Edited by Nagishkaw

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
get on em bro!!

pretty much why i don't use them things. a credit card would give you more protection plus it's not gone from your account. is your checking account with usaa yet? you can get a credit card from them quite easily, and then just transfer online money from the checking account to the credit card. i've not sent them a payment in over 10 years now via the mail. you can also call in and have money transfered that way too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Happened to me 2 years ago. I hadn't checked my acct for about a week and when I logged online I saw it was wiped out. In the negative by hundreds, too. Done with my debit card which had NOT left my possession. I read that crooks can somehow get the info that they need to do such things from gas pumps after one uses a card at the pump. I hate thieves :angry:

[quote name='charlesandnessa' post='1770754'

pretty much why i don't use them things. a credit card would give you more protection plus it's not gone from your account. is your checking account with usaa yet? you can get a credit card from them quite easily, and then just transfer online money from the checking account to the credit card. i've not sent them a payment in over 10 years now via the mail. you can also call in and have money transfered that way too.

I have my auto insurance through USAA and their cust. service is really top-notch. Unfortunately they really can't compete with my bank for interest rates.

I will look into them again though, and see what the difference would be between them and my credit union for a credit card.

I will definetely have to get a credit card either way it seems. It sucks, cuz the debit card is just so damn convenient.

21FUNNY.gif