HednJimmy

K-1 finally filed today! :)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

So I sent out the I-129F today...got my fiancé signed papers in the mail, and checked for errors about twelve different times, and neatly sent it in the mail-I almost wanted to bake the adjucator cookies or give him chocolates to help the cause ha ha ha!

I entered in the date into my timeline, and at the bottom, it says, "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated as early as September 29, 2008*".

Is the timeline talking about from start to finish? (FYI, I'm at the what-seems-to-be-dreaded CSC) Or would that be the time at about when it would be forwarded to the consulate for the interview?

I have this dream to be married December 7, 2008, but from what I have read in the forums, that's a fat chance. If anyone could give me some info on "adjucation", it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Heather

.png

04/17/2008 K-1 Filed

04/21/2008 NOA1 Receipt

08/27/2008 NOA2!!! (131 days)

10/07/2008 Interview

12/07/2008 Wedding-Finally!

AoS filed 6/22/2009

AoS Approved 10/3/2009

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The estimated time is 6 months but usually you get approved befor then. We got ours approved in 5 months and we filed at CSC and they are slower than VSC. Goodluck and Welcome to VJ.

Our Timeline:

08/20/07-----Mailed I-129F to CSC

08/21/07-----Recieved at CSC

09/26/07-----NOA1

02/06/08-----Touched (RFE Trick) and approved the same day.

02/07/08-----NOA2 VIA Cris E-mail

02/11/08-----NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

02/25/08-----Received at NVC

02/27/08-----Left NVC

03/03/08-----Received at Embassy

04/03/08-----Interview! APPROVED!!! YEA YEA YEAH

04/08/08-----VISA In Hand!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!

04/18/08-----She's finally coming home POA IAD!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck and God bless your journey,and prepare yourself for some emotional ups and downs for this endless waiting,

CSC is slower than ever!!!!!

God bless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all!

So I sent out the I-129F today...got my fiancé signed papers in the mail, and checked for errors about twelve different times, and neatly sent it in the mail-I almost wanted to bake the adjucator cookies or give him chocolates to help the cause ha ha ha!

I entered in the date into my timeline, and at the bottom, it says, "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated as early as September 29, 2008*".

Is the timeline talking about from start to finish? (FYI, I'm at the what-seems-to-be-dreaded CSC) Or would that be the time at about when it would be forwarded to the consulate for the interview?

I have this dream to be married December 7, 2008, but from what I have read in the forums, that's a fat chance. If anyone could give me some info on "adjucation", it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Heather

:lol: I remember when I asked the same question - the answer is that this is the date the CSC will approve the application. Then there's the NVC and Consular schedule of events.

Good luck and smooth sailing on this journey.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
:lol: I remember when I asked the same question - the answer is that this is the date the CSC will approve the application. Then there's the NVC and Consular schedule of events.

Good luck and smooth sailing on this journey.

Ahhh I see, I see...so I guess my winter wedding plans may still have to be on hold, depending on how long it takes from "Sept 29" to the interview in Sydney :(

I wish there was some way to speed up the process, as I have not developed the gift of patience yet!

.png

04/17/2008 K-1 Filed

04/21/2008 NOA1 Receipt

10/07/2008 Interview

AoS filed 6/22/2009

AoS Approved 10/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi all!

Thanks!

Heather

Good luck with your journey :whistle:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

If this process teaches you anything, it's patience. Just hang in there...everything will turn out for the best...

Good luck and godspeed on your journey!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have a blessed journey and no RFE! :thumbs:

AOS Timeline......

03/10/2008 - Mailed AOS Appl.

03/13/2008 - NOA Notice Date.

03/15/2008 - NOA's for : I-485, I-131 & I-765

03/16/2008 - Case online.

03/22/2008 - Biometrics assigned date: 04/01/2008, Bio completed early .

03/24/2008 - AOS Touched.

03/27/2008 - RFE Letter : Dated.

03/31/2008 - RFE snail mail rec'd date ( EZ-864 / Missing birth certificate).

04/01/2008 - Mailed RFE response.

04/03/2008 - RFE document delivered to Lees Summit, MO @ 4:03 P.M:

04/07/2008 - AOS Touched, Current status: Response to rfe received, and case processing has resumed.

04/08/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/27/2008 - AOS Touched, received USCIS email indicated case transfered to CSC.

05/29/2008 - AOS Touched.

05/31/2008 - USCIS snail mail stating I-485 has been transferred to CSC to speedup processing.

06/03/2008 - Received email from CSC confirming reception of transferred I-485.

06/03,04,06 - Touched!

08/28/2008 - Green card rec'd in mail.

06/11/2008 - I-131 Approval email received.

06/13/2008 - Received I-765 card ordered email notification.

hi heather/jimmy

welcome to VJ

Im a bit out of touch with the time frames of the service centres..but i do hope your dream of a winter wedding does eventuate...

there is an aussie forum you can visit on VJ..there is lots of moral support in there.. we have all been through the wait and frustrations of it not going fast enough for us....as for patience tis the time to learn it and learn you will ...it is so out of our hands this part of our journey ..and the easiest part of the whole process is the interview at sydney as long as you have all documents asked for ...

which state is your fiance from..im from melbourne...living in toledo ohio...been here nearly 2 years now...

here is the link to the aussie forum for you..

LAND DOWNUNDER FORUM

Just click on the last post and your there..heaps of pages to read and packed with information about aussie side of things..

take care and good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Whatever you do... DON'T make any wedding plans that can't be changed!

So much can happen between now and when the visa is finally issued to affect the timeline. It would be a big gamble to put down money for non-refundable deposits and buy plane tickets and all. Quite a few people have been burned before because the process took longer than expected.

Just keep things flexible as far as a wedding date goes, and hope for the best! :)

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Good luck!!!!

I feel the pain about the wedding date thing. We're planning two weddings in fact, one here in the US for the legal portion, and then the full blown Catholic affair in Venezuela once she can travel again. And we have no clue when either wedding is going to take place.

Right now I'm setting my sights on an April wedding. Yep, one full year from now. Fortunately this will be at boss's house, so we can move the date around a bit, and hopefully be able to plan the thing in the last three months of the process.

Hopefully it works out for you, but trying to do it by December feels a little tight to me.

-Robert

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Denver CO

Date Filed : 2008-12-04

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-06

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

So I have some positives to share and some negatives:

On the upside, my fiance and I were one of the couples who got lucky. We filied in CSC and I we were expecting about a 6 month wait for our petition to be approved (or longer because we had heard horror stories) but it only took four months! Now, we are just barely over 6 months since filing and my fiance has his interview next week. If all goes well he will arrive in before 7 months since filing. So......I always say, expect the worst but hope for the best.

On the downside, while you very well may be able to get married in December, if you are hoping for a huge extravagant type ceremony that requires a lot of planning and non-refundable deposits then that is too big a risk to take. It will only make the already stressful wait more agonizing and put more pressure on you during an already pressure-filled situation.

I wish you and your fiance the best of luck. I am not a patient person either and this has been a trying process but a lifetime of happiness with someone is well worth the months of waiting that this requires. Good luck!

OUR STORY and TIMELINE:

07/05: Jose and I met while I was living in Costa Rica!

10/07: We filed our application (I-129F)

02/08: Petition is approved!

03/08: CR Embassy receives our file

04/08: Jose's interview in San Jose, Costa Rica (April 25th). VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/08: May 14th Jose arrives in at JFK, May 16th he arrives in California!!!

07/08: Married!

08/08: AOS/EAD/AP paperwork submitted

08/08: Biometrics Appointment

12/08: Interview for Adjustment of Status, very easy and all went well!

We expect to have Jose's greencard by February!

Timeline
hi heather/jimmy

welcome to VJ

Im a bit out of touch with the time frames of the service centres..but i do hope your dream of a winter wedding does eventuate...

there is an aussie forum you can visit on VJ..there is lots of moral support in there.. we have all been through the wait and frustrations of it not going fast enough for us....as for patience tis the time to learn it and learn you will ...it is so out of our hands this part of our journey ..and the easiest part of the whole process is the interview at sydney as long as you have all documents asked for ...

which state is your fiance from..im from melbourne...living in toledo ohio...been here nearly 2 years now...

here is the link to the aussie forum for you..

LAND DOWNUNDER FORUM

Just click on the last post and your there..heaps of pages to read and packed with information about aussie side of things..

take care and good luck

kath

Thanks Kath! So happy there is an Australia forum!

James lives in Queensland, in a tiny town an hour or so away from Townsville. Our major plan is when we get older to move back to Australia (I love Melbourne! Stayed in St. Kilda when I was there in '05).

Yeah, I have been looking into the wedding, but yeah, no "in stone" plans-not until at leat we have an interview date. From what it looks like, our case is pretty straight-forward (no kids, marriages, police reports, etc.), so at least by then we will be a little closer to knowing when he can head out here.

Again, thanks to everyone for the advice and support-I'm still wrapping my head around all of the steps we have to take!

Heather

.png

04/17/2008 K-1 Filed

04/21/2008 NOA1 Receipt

10/07/2008 Interview

AoS filed 6/22/2009

AoS Approved 10/3/2009

Wishing you fast and RFE free visa journey. (F)

God speed.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.