sarahaziz

Arab/Jewish Baby Names

57 posts in this topic

So what names would you name your baby if it was Male/Female? If you know the meanings in english post it. :star: I personally find Jewish baby names so beautiful and I look forward to finding a Jewish name for a future child. My husband will let me name my kids as I like :devil:

BTW- It's known in the culture that whatever name you give your child he/she will live up to that names meaning.

Edited by sarahaziz

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
U have no idea how much i enjoy looking for baby names even tho im so far from getting pregnant anytime soon -thank you very much USCIS- anyhow lol .... i ve always thought of what ill name my babies even when i was a lil gurl lol and ofcourse it changes every once in awhile lol.... well i thought for my gurl.....i wd name her Maryam Nora or Aminah Salimah..... for baby boy i thought of Ibrahim becoz its my dads name but my husband wants to Muhammed... i love the name ofcourse but its too many of it ! lol i think ill dig deeper when i do get pregnant and i do care so much of the meaning of the name too ... i dont know if they do live up to it lol hopfully if its a good name....:D
lyrics.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Jihed and I have talked about this alot - well mostly I've talked and he's nodded and said, as long as it's a Muslim name I don't care what it is. Such a typical man lol

For a boy, I LOVE Yassine... :thumbs: I don't know why, just love saying it hehe But Omar is my favorite caliph (I love the stories about him)

For a girl, I think we'll go with something old and Tunisian.. Sahliha ... My husband cringes when I say this but I just love that name lol He says it's an old person's name and please do not give his child this name!! I like Yasmine... But Yassine and Yasmine -too close I think... And Marwa...

They don't really do middle names in Tunisia - I've seen a few of his cousins that have had babies recently giving them two names, but traditionally just first name and the father's family name...... Or for Jihed.. His legal name.. Jihed ben Mohsen ben Mohammed.. hehe so that could go on for a long time.. But I know that Egypt the second/middle name is the first name of the father, right? Regardless of if the child is male or female?

Which brings me to another question - maybe should be another topic but - How many of you did take or will take your husband's last name? I know in America it's the thing ... You get married and take your husband's last name.. But when I said this to Jihed he was like Huh? Why would you take my last name? lol Right now I still have the last name of my ex/first husband which was easier for my son after the divorce, but I'd really like to lose that last name and I don't want to go back to Maiden, so we talked and I just told him I will legally change my last name to his when he gets here.. He's still a bit confused on it - but I'm curious what the rest of ya'll did?

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had two names picked out...Rana for a girl, meaning to look at and Malek is our son's name and it means king or ruler.

I forgot to add I liked the name Saadia which is his mother's name but he thought it was old sounding.

hahah saliha its like henish for an old man :devil: no old people names

i really don't want to change my fathers last name but my spouse gets mad about that. I most likely will have to change :( but i love my daddy don't wanna leave his name behind

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

We are going to name our baby girl, Taleen. Boy names are totally undecided. I'm not very fond of Middle Eastern boy names.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

masha Allah ... Taleen is a beautiful name!! never heard it before ...totally into it :thumbs:

:star: Thank you! Its an Armenian name and it means early sunrise.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We're going to have to think about this, again, because we were just at the doctor where they confirmed my wife is pregnant. Again. :)

Our first child is named Michael Naseem. We wanted an "American" name first since we're raising him here, then Arabic for the second to reflect his heritage. Naseem is easy for Americans to spell and pronounce and it doesn't have any religious or political connotations.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We're going to have to think about this, again, because we were just at the doctor where they confirmed my wife is pregnant. Again. :)

Our first child is named Michael Naseem. We wanted an "American" name first since we're raising him here, then Arabic for the second to reflect his heritage. Naseem is easy for Americans to spell and pronounce and it doesn't have any religious or political connotations.

Congratulations!

So what names would you name your baby if it was Male/Female? If you know the meanings in english post it. :star: I personally find Jewish baby names so beautiful and I look forward to finding a Jewish name for a future child. My husband will let me name my kids as I like :devil:

BTW- It's known in the culture that whatever name you give your child he/she will live up to that names meaning.

Sarah are you sure you are married to an Algerian? You do not want to give the child a muslim name and instead Jewish? Has it occured to you that many muslim names are Jewish in origin?

I mean I find it really hard to believe that your Algerian husband would accept his daughter to be named Hadassah or Esther. Sounds like you are just trying to incite things on the boards to make things interesting. No way in hell would he let you do that... Get real

masha Allah ... Taleen is a beautiful name!! never heard it before ...totally into it :thumbs:

:star: Thank you! Its an Armenian name and it means early sunrise.

There is a famous television star in Jordan called TALEEN KIRRESH.. I didnt know if you knew that. She does reality shows over there

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Badr and I have picked our children's names. Aya Jamaa for a girl and Adam Badr for a boy. His grandmother's name was Jamaa and she raised him, so I want to honour her. And for the boy, Badr really likes Adam, the middle name could still be changed. It's not set in stone. I like the idea of having Aya and Adam.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well for girls:

Dalia (I want Dahlia in English, he says no, we'll see.): grapevine (or with the H it would be a flower)

Leyna: Little angel, light, and in arabic it means "ours."

Sarah: queen, it's Sarai (princess) plus the H from YHVH (the unpronouncable name of G-d), which upgrades it

Majdolin: (it's the Arabic of Magdalene/Madoline, etc)

Niran: Fire

Boys:

Noah (he says Nuh. No way will i ever say Nuh.) means rest, comfort

Adam: means man

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.