sarahaziz

Arab/Jewish Baby Names

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mohammed and I have talked alot about this...as he thinks he wants 5 more kids. I think he has mental issues...we will see lol. I love Ameerah (leader princess) Naseeb, or Zayna for a girl, he likes Khadijah. For a boy I dont really love any arabic names. I LOVE Malachi which he hates. He wants Mohammed(go figure lol) or Ibrahim. I also really like Gideon which he refuses to entertain and Caroline. Oh well as DOS is doing their best to hold up the baby making process I dont think we have to worry for a while.

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to have to think about this, again, because we were just at the doctor where they confirmed my wife is pregnant. Again. :)

Our first child is named Michael Naseem. We wanted an "American" name first since we're raising him here, then Arabic for the second to reflect his heritage. Naseem is easy for Americans to spell and pronounce and it doesn't have any religious or political connotations.

Beautiful name .

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

So what names would you name your baby if it was Male/Female? If you know the meanings in english post it. :star: I personally find Jewish baby names so beautiful and I look forward to finding a Jewish name for a future child. My husband will let me name my kids as I like :devil:

BTW- It's known in the culture that whatever name you give your child he/she will live up to that names meaning.

Sarah are you sure you are married to an Algerian? You do not want to give the child a muslim name and instead Jewish? Has it occured to you that many muslim names are Jewish in origin?

I mean I find it really hard to believe that your Algerian husband would accept his daughter to be named Hadassah or Esther. Sounds like you are just trying to incite things on the boards to make things interesting. No way in hell would he let you do that... Get real

Wahrania why are you so negative woman!! Calm down! My spouse will listen to me because I give him that same respect also. You know I was actually going to post that in my Original post about Arabic names being similar to Hebrew but I just decided to leave it out. There's a name Kezia - it means a sweet smelling spice in Hebrew I thought it was very beautiful. If an arab name comes about cool but I look forward to something kind of new and different if we can find it. Mohammads, Aichas, Khadijas, etc.. beautiful names but so many people have them. I want my kid to have a beautiful name with a good meaning and a rare name. Naming her after a spice doesn't really sit well though.

Well for girls:

Dalia (I want Dahlia in English, he says no, we'll see.): grapevine (or with the H it would be a flower)

Leyna: Little angel, light, and in arabic it means "ours."

Sarah: queen, it's Sarai (princess) plus the H from YHVH (the unpronouncable name of G-d), which upgrades it

Majdolin: (it's the Arabic of Magdalene/Madoline, etc)

Niran: Fire

Boys:

Noah (he says Nuh. No way will i ever say Nuh.) means rest, comfort

Adam: means man

Adam is beautiful also

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Wahrania why are you so negative woman!! Calm down! My spouse will listen to me because I give him that same respect also. You know I was actually going to post that in my Original post about Arabic names being similar to Hebrew but I just decided to leave it out. There's a name Kezia - it means a sweet smelling spice in Hebrew I thought it was very beautiful. If an arab name comes about cool but I look forward to something kind of new and different if we can find it. Mohammads, Aichas, Khadijas, etc.. beautiful names but so many people have them. I want my kid to have a beautiful name with a good meaning and a rare name. Naming her after a spice doesn't really sit well though.

I like it just fine! I wanted to name a girl Saffron, but he said no for the same reason I bolded in your statement. What's wrong with Saffron? :angry: Well, although not meaningful at all, I support your spice choice :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

I like it just fine! I wanted to name a girl Saffron, but he said no for the same reason I bolded in your statement. What's wrong with Saffron? :angry: Well, although not meaningful at all, I support your spice choice :)

Hahaha, may I ask are you Jewish by religion? Saffron is such a sophisticated word but I think of red food and rice.

Edited by sarahaziz

Filed: Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
But I know that Egypt the second/middle name is the first name of the father, right? Regardless of if the child is male or female?

That's how my future husband's tribe in Ghana names their children as well. His name is Abass and I'm bothered at the thought of my daughter's middle name being Abass. My future mother in law has told me that some women adjust the name slightly to make it more feminine so that means that it can be a derivative of the name instead of the name itself. He said he's never heard of that and he thinks his mom was just trying to make me feel better. He's very open about naming our children though. I love the name Salifu or Swallah, which is his father's name. Swallah is the arabic for Salifu. I listen for pretty names, but with my first daughter, I dreamt of her coming to me in the hospital and she told me her name. And that's the name I gave her....Kendra...it's an english name that means wisdom. I have a feeling that is how I will name my other children. I will listen to many names and wait for them to pick the name they would like to have. Then Bassi may feel more amenable if it's not a muslim name. But Bassi will pick their second name. We've agreed that we must agree on the first name but he gets to pick the second name. I'm just praying it's not to name my daughters Abass. :blush:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

But I know that Egypt the second/middle name is the first name of the father, right? Regardless of if the child is male or female?

That's how my future husband's tribe in Ghana names their children as well. His name is Abass and I'm bothered at the thought of my daughter's middle name being Abass. My future mother in law has told me that some women adjust the name slightly to make it more feminine so that means that it can be a derivative of the name instead of the name itself. He said he's never heard of that and he thinks his mom was just trying to make me feel better. He's very open about naming our children though. I love the name Salifu or Swallah, which is his father's name. Swallah is the arabic for Salifu. I listen for pretty names, but with my first daughter, I dreamt of her coming to me in the hospital and she told me her name. And that's the name I gave her....Kendra...it's an english name that means wisdom. I have a feeling that is how I will name my other children. I will listen to many names and wait for them to pick the name they would like to have. Then Bassi may feel more amenable if it's not a muslim name. But Bassi will pick their second name. We've agreed that we must agree on the first name but he gets to pick the second name. I'm just praying it's not to name my daughters Abass. :blush:

I love that name Abass, Anybody know any Armenian names for either sex?

Hahaha, may I ask are you Jewish by religion?

come on sarah.......ID LOVE TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL IN ALGERIA AT YOUR IN LAWS HOUSE WITH SPICE NAMES OR SOME OTHER OFF THE WALL NAME LOLOLOL

NAME HIM CHEB ABESS AND YOUR OTHER CHILD CHEBA DJENET

come on sarah.......ID LOVE TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL IN ALGERIA AT YOUR IN LAWS HOUSE WITH SPICE NAMES OR SOME OTHER OFF THE WALL NAME LOLOLOL

:devil:

my option was houaria....dont feel too bad

NAME HIM CHEB ABESS AND YOUR OTHER CHILD CHEBA DJENET

Ya soooo original wahrania :lol: i'll have 100 other algerian kids running to me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

my option was houaria....dont feel too bad

:lol:

I'll have to remember that.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

:devil:

then the next can be cheb mami

these are rai singers silllllllly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.