Giskat09

What are the good things in Long Distance Relationship?

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Those who say LDR's dont work just dont want it enough, BMJ and Myself have been in one for 3 years now and the end is in siight (as soon as I pass my interview that is),

Its all down to communications, Not sleeping on arguments, being open and honest, and most important. Being Loving and Patient. so much can be misconstrued from a written statement in an Email as there isnt any feeling behind the words, Personally I wake up everymorning in the UK to wish BMJ Goodnight in the US west coast & to tuck her in. I want my voice to be the last thing she hears in the day. I email her twice a day once to cheer her up when she wakes up. & I email her just Coz I can. poems, pictures, funny stuff that circulates my workplace email system, Or even just How my day went. We talk on average 2-3 hours a day on Skype. Me at my PC, her on the skype phone I bought her, what do we talk about well Everything literally everything. ho my day went how her day is going, how the kids are, we even call my parents and family in the UK and have a conference style call with them. To some it might seem over the top and to some it might seem obsessive BUT its how its worked so far.

Will it change when I emmigrate out to the US No because we still talk as much when I am there the topics wont change just the locations we are talking about. will we still call the UK Yes. BMJ doesnt want me to lose contact with friends and family. Most folks I know reach me via emails anyway so where I am in the world will make NO differnece at all.

All you have to remember is the person on the other end of the phone / email / Internet loves you as much as you love them, sure it will lead to stress and tension just be aware of that and prepared to deal with it and half your worries are over before you even get them.

Wishing I was there : Instead of Here

Wishing I was with the One I love : Instead of Here

Waiting Patiently Oh So patiently : For Everything to become Clear

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic