Chica Yeyé

MENA GIRLS, I NEED YOUR WISDOM!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey you all fabulous MENA women,

My parents are coming to town (Seattle) next week; and I am planning on cooking a nice eclectic dinner. I already have some prep for different Dahls, and a vegetarian Sambhar which I really like, and a chicken & paneer curry.... but I cannot for the love of God find FALAFEL mix.... shame on me :unsure: , don't know how to make it from scratch. So I checked out WOM's recipe and still, cannot freaking find canned chick peas :crying:

So.... question is.... are any of you ladies in Seattle? And if so, where do you buy your foods?

Or, if there are any recipes I can put together easily, do tell.

I am forever grateful, and my parents will be too.

Thanks, thanks, thanks; your sister Len.

Hey you all fabulous MENA women,

My parents are coming to town (Seattle) next week; and I am planning on cooking a nice eclectic dinner. I already have some prep for different Dahls, and a vegetarian Sambhar which I really like, and a chicken & paneer curry.... but I cannot for the love of God find FALAFEL mix.... shame on me :unsure: , don't know how to make it from scratch. So I checked out WOM's recipe and still, cannot freaking find canned chick peas :crying:

So.... question is.... are any of you ladies in Seattle? And if so, where do you buy your foods?

Or, if there are any recipes I can put together easily, do tell.

I am forever grateful, and my parents will be too.

Thanks, thanks, thanks; your sister Len.

Hope you get help, sister Len. Couscous is also good.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

They are often called "Garbanzo Beans" in the grocery store -- look for them in the canned beans section (along with the kidney beans, black beans, etc. )

I have a new technique I heard about that I'm going to try tonight or tomorrow. I'll post it if it works well !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

They are often called "Garbanzo Beans" in the grocery store -- look for them in the canned beans section (along with the kidney beans, black beans, etc. )

I have a new technique I heard about that I'm going to try tonight or tomorrow. I'll post it if it works well !

(F)

-MK

Yes, it is "Garbanzo Beans." It can be found in any Middle Eastern grocery store.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

I rummaged Trader Joe's --- nada.

Fred Meyers "Asian Foods" section --- nada. Noteven the garbanzos in a can. Shite, I might just have to use dried garbanzos and that will take forfreakingever :angry:

Dad hates couscous, so not a good idea.

Any other quick recipes for a nice laid back dinner mah gurls????? :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry I don't have any ideas for you.

I am shocked about the chick peas! Maybe check the soup aisle? But they really should be, as WOM said, with the other canned beans. You have kidney beans there, right?

progresso%20chick%20peas.jpg

I am shocked about the chick peas! Maybe check the soup aisle? But they really should be, as WOM said, with the other canned beans. You have kidney beans there, right?

:crying: I did see the kidney beans, and the black beans, and the chili cans... no garbanzo :cry:

Why? Can I make something with kidney beans????????????????????????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:crying: I did see the kidney beans, and the black beans, and the chili cans... no garbanzo :cry:

Why? Can I make something with kidney beans????????????????????????

What part of the US do you live in? We have a whole aisle dedicated to all things Goya. I can't imagine not having a plethora of canned/dried beans to choose from!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I'm not sure why you can't find them in your local store, I think you should just ask for help finding them. To be honest I have trouble finding them sometimes too! But they are always there.

They aren't ethnic by any means. They are used in tons of recipes in many countries!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.