Chica Yeyé

MENA GIRLS, I NEED YOUR WISDOM!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'm not sure why you can't find them in your local store, I think you should just ask for help finding them. To be honest I have trouble finding them sometimes too! But they are always there.

They aren't ethnic by any means. They are used in tons of recipes in many countries!

I know! We use them in Mexican foods all the time -- that's what surprised me so much when I couldn't find them :angry:

I just got a tip of a Halal market right in our neighborhood, so I will send Bren in that one asap. I also got a tip about a grocery shop near campus, so I'll walk there during lunch.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
They are often called "Garbanzo Beans" in the grocery store -- look for them in the canned beans section (along with the kidney beans, black beans, etc. )

I have a new technique I heard about that I'm going to try tonight or tomorrow. I'll post it if it works well !

(F)

-MK

I am bumping for MK's falafel update.... I love palestinian style falafel so if its the real deal and a good recipe, Im excited!!!

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Len, where in Seattle do you live? The QFC at Broadway & Republican (in the old Broadway Market) has both chick peas/garbanzo beans and falafel mix. I can vouch for that one because that is where I do my shopping, but I am sure most QFCs will have both. I'm not surprised that TJs doesn't have them, since they don't always have the widest selection of stuff.

US Citizen since August 09.

OK peeps, here's the menu for tonight:

1. Falafel

2. Garlic hummus + spicy hummus + olive tapenade

3. Basmati rice w/cinnamon and cloves

4. Vegetarian lentil sambhar

5. Veggies in yellow curry.

Missing are: a nice sauce to pour over rice; and dessert (though I am seriously thinking of buying some baklava and that's it).

Wish me luck!!! And thanks for the support and ideas my girls!!!! :star:

1. Falafel

Missing are: a nice sauce to pour over rice; and dessert (though I am seriously thinking of buying some baklava and that's it).

Sounds yummy! Baklava is a good dessert.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Baklava is a great option for dessert!

Here is another suggestion: Thick yogurt with garlic and diced cucumber/salt & pepper. Greek Tzikiki or India Raita as it is known. If the yogurt is watery, just put it in a coffee filter in a colander/sieve or cheese cloth. Excess water drains out making it the remaining yogurt more creamy. It has a cooling effect which counters all the spicy food.

As for sauce....the vegetable curry should have some extra sauce and I think it would be fine.

1. Falafel

Edited by Nutty

Here is another suggestion: Thick yogurt with garlic and diced cucumber/salt & pepper. Greek Tzikiki or India Raita as it is known. If the yogurt is watery, just put it in a coffee filter in a colander/sieve or cheese cloth. Excess water drains out making it the remaining yogurt more creamy. It has a cooling effect which counters all the spicy food.

As for sauce....the vegetable curry should have some extra sauce and I think it would be fine.

Great --- tatziki it is!!!!

Thanks Nutty. I am so excited about tonight's dinner. My parents, my inlaws, the 2 of us lovebirds -- should be crazy and fun :luv:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Great --- tatziki it is!!!!

Thanks Nutty. I am so excited about tonight's dinner. My parents, my inlaws, the 2 of us lovebirds -- should be crazy and fun :luv:

bumping for wom's falafel recipe!

I agree with Nutty. With all that curry, you won't need an additional sauce for the rice.

Sounds like a good menu, I want some. :P

(this is stina&suj, accidentally got myself locked out with my regular user name, waiting for it to be unlocked!)

Thanks y'all --- I'll post tomorrow with the hopefully happy-tummies update (F)

Also waiting for MK's recipe!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.