Krikit

Tickets Booked to the Olde World!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Since Flames has his own holiday thread, I thought I'd have mine. :P This summer is huge. It's a special birthday for my Dad and myself, so guess what we're getting? A Mediterranean cruise with the family!!!!! :opost-21394-1208438102.gif

On Monday, July 14th, my husband and I are flying out of Orlando to England, and my parents are flying out of Toronto. We will meet in Manchester within 20 minutes of each other, where my sister and BIL will pick us up and take us back to their house in West Yorkshire for some visits with family and some sightseeing. On July 19th the six of us will fly to Venice, where we will meet my son and daughter post-21394-1208438102.gif, and then board a ship for a 12 day Mediterranean romance cruise. Following the cruise, myself, my husband, and my kids will fly to London for a couple of days, and my parents and sister and BIL will head back to West Yorkshire. Then we'll all meet up again for a couple of days before flying home on August 4th.

I am beyond excited. In fact, I am so excited I am nauseated. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOO HOO!!! :dance:

This is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!! :D

Have a brilliant time Krikit! I'm sure you'll have the time of your lives.

:)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Since Flames has his own holiday thread, I thought I'd have mine. :P This summer is huge. It's a special birthday for my Dad and myself, so guess what we're getting? A Mediterranean cruise with the family!!!!! :opost-21394-1208438102.gif

On Monday, July 14th, my husband and I are flying out of Orlando to England, and my parents are flying out of Toronto. We will meet in Manchester within 20 minutes of each other, where my sister and BIL will pick us up and take us back to their house in West Yorkshire for some visits with family and some sightseeing. On July 19th the six of us will fly to Venice, where we will meet my son and daughter post-21394-1208438102.gif, and then board a ship for a 12 day Mediterranean romance cruise. Following the cruise, myself, my husband, and my kids will fly to London for a couple of days, and my parents and sister and BIL will head back to West Yorkshire. Then we'll all meet up again for a couple of days before flying home on August 4th.

Sounds wonderful :thumbs:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Thanks guys! :) I am now in a mad rush to lose a ton of weight. :help:

Oh! And we have arranged with the ship's captain to do a surprise renewal of wedding vows for my parents. It was their 50th wedding anniversary last year, but my Mom was a mess with all of her surgeries and her sister dying, and then her minister retired and she didn't want anyone else to do it so we shelved it. I am VERY excited we are going to get to do it now. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like an exciting trip!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Ooooh! That's so exciting! Take lots of pictures so you can post them upon return!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

First: I hate you :angry: ... you get to go on a European vacanza while I won't :angry:

:lol: Yeah, sorry about that. :blush: I almost posted in the vent thread when we were trying to coordinate the thing. (Do you know how incredibly difficult it is to schedule and arrange flights and timing for 8 different people living in 3 different countries flying into and out of 6 different places? :blink: Lemme tell ya..... it's difficult.) Anyway, I didn't bother whining because I knew there'd be minimal sympathy. :lol:

Thanks Jun, Flames, and Len! I will definitely take pictures! :dance:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I like your vacation a hell of a lot better then going to Canada. Any room for me?

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel the same way just reading it. :lol: That really does sound like a once-in-a-lifetime undertaking. :wow: Even Donald Trump is saying, "it's huge." :lol: Throw in a visit to the set of Corrie and a wedding at Old Trafford and you've done it all. :thumbs: Really like the surprise wedding vows on the ship, it truly is the piece de resistance. As for a lack of sympathy for your plight from the hoi polloi, don't worry about it, it's just a Minorca problem. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Yeah I like your vacation a hell of a lot better then going to Canada. Any room for me?

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I LOVE Canada! There are so many fabulous and interesting places to visit! Gosh. I haven't even begun!

I feel the same way just reading it. :lol: That really does sound like a once-in-a-lifetime undertaking. :wow: Even Donald Trump is saying, "it's huge." :lol: Throw in a visit to the set of Corrie and a wedding at Old Trafford and you've done it all. :thumbs: Really like the surprise wedding vows on the ship, it truly is the piece de resistance. As for a lack of sympathy for your plight from the hoi polloi, don't worry about it, it's just a Minorca problem. :lol:

Ooooooooh. Done the set of Corrie TWICE! :lol: My favourite picture is of my uncle (who just passed) lying on the sidewalk in front of the Rovers Return pretending to be drunk, and me trying to pick him up to take him home. It is priceless. I'll have to dig it out of the archives. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I LOVE Canada! There are so many fabulous and interesting places to visit! Gosh. I haven't even begun!

Ooooooooh. Done the set of Corrie TWICE! :lol: My favourite picture is of my uncle (who just passed) lying on the sidewalk in front of the Rovers Return pretending to be drunk, and me trying to pick him up to take him home. It is priceless. I'll have to dig it out of the archives. :lol:

I'm so sorry about the passing of your uncle, I was hoping that you'd tell us that he'd improved enough to go on the cruise. You have my deepest sympathies and condolences. (L) If it's not too upsetting, I'd love to see the picture. :thumbs:

Full tank of petrol for the Vauxhall Victor... £30.50

Family pass to Granada Studios Tour... £8.50

Having a photo of your late uncle in front of the Rovers Return.. PRICELESS.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like your trip is going to be amazing, and I know you will all have a ball. I also know how hard it is to schedule it as we are trying to get a family (3 big birthday's this year) trip sorted out for Christmas with 12 people out of 4 places and it is ugly, hopefully we will get it done before Christmas though lol. Do take lots of pictures while you are away and show us all.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bon Voyage krikit!! I hope they have an internet connection waiting for you on the ship so you can keep us updated on your fabulous trip (or perhaps wifi at a road side rest stop :lol:), I hope you have a wonderful time :thumbs:

cruise-ships-zuiderdam.jpg

E8U120.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.