Krikit

Tickets Booked to the Olde World!

39 posts in this topic

I love that second photo Krikit!

Wow!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I love the gondola photo too! It really captures the atmosphere of Venice, I think.

Lovely pics krikit! Is this the first cruise you have taken?

It's the first big cruise, yes. I've been on one of those small cruises but that doesn't really count. For years my family has been trying to get me to go on one but I've always refused. (I'm the only one who hadn't been on one. lol) I get motion sickness and I really had no desire to be cooped up on a ship feeling nauseated, with no way out. But I'm happy to say it wasn't that bad. I took some Gravol when I really needed to (mostly when I lay down at night..... but that was only for the first 3 days after we left port) and the day we were in rough seas (18-24 ft waves). Once I adjusted I was fine. The worst part was adjusting to being back on land when the cruise was over. Things still felt like they were moving beneath me so I got a REALLY bad case of motion sickness then. icon8.gif

iagree.gif

What a great ship !! But I must agree with the others, the gondolas are beautiful. I hope you took time for a ride in one.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

I love the gondola photo too! It really captures the atmosphere of Venice, I think.

Lovely pics krikit! Is this the first cruise you have taken?

It's the first big cruise, yes. I've been on one of those small cruises but that doesn't really count. For years my family has been trying to get me to go on one but I've always refused. (I'm the only one who hadn't been on one. lol) I get motion sickness and I really had no desire to be cooped up on a ship feeling nauseated, with no way out. But I'm happy to say it wasn't that bad. I took some Gravol when I really needed to (mostly when I lay down at night..... but that was only for the first 3 days after we left port) and the day we were in rough seas (18-24 ft waves). Once I adjusted I was fine. The worst part was adjusting to being back on land when the cruise was over. Things still felt like they were moving beneath me so I got a REALLY bad case of motion sickness then. icon8.gif

Did you fall over in the shower back on land?

I hate it when that happens. :D

I have lost my sea-legs somewhat being I don't spend the same amount of time on the water as I used to.

Sorry to hear you got sick.

18-24 foot waves?!

Wow!!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline

Part of the Doge's Palace (built in 1309-1424) in Piazza San Marco (St Mark's Square) in Venice. This is the Porta della Carta (Paper Gate), which leads to the palace's interior courtyard. The gate acquired its name because ordinary people were not allowed to pass beyond it and so handed their petitions to the gatekeepers. The palace was constructed in two phases between 1301 and 1450. It was broken into two phases because the original architect was executed for treason. He had supported an attempted coup by the Doge (the Duke) - who was also beheaded for conspiring to kill the Council of Ten.

13_Venice.jpg

From another perspective.... this view looks at the back of St Mark's Basilica (the domed building.... rebuilt ~ 1063 from the burned remains of the last church.... built in 832 and again in 976... however it wasn't completely finished until the 19th century) and its accompanying belltower.... the Campanile (kahm-pah-nee-le). Piazza San Marco is in front of the Basilica.

02_Venice.jpg

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh good. I was wondering if I was boring everybody. I love different cultures and history and geography and architecture and stuff so, for me, it's fascinating. But for others..... maybe not so much. :lol:

Not boring at all - I like the stories too, keep them coming :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.