• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys :D

Hope y'all are doing ok...miss you tons :luv:

We sent out our I-751 on 05/08/08 and they receieved it on 05/12/08. That is all the info we have so far. We didn't have nearly the evidence most people have but we tried our hardest and I am putting the rest of the process in God's hands. We sent to NSC so I know it will take a while or so it seems. Hope everyone gets through this process smooth and easy. Congrats Rhonda :dance:

Much Love,

Jamie :star:

Timeline

This was our coverletter:

May 8, 2008

Nebraska Service Center

850 S Street

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68508

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:

(K-1 VISA) XXXX, A# XXXX

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my husband, XXX. Please also find a check for $545, the fee for this form and biometrics. My husband entered the US on a K-1 visa in September of 2005. We request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband, XXX.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

 Joint statement from XXX.

 Form I-751.

 Copy of the green card for XXXX.

 Affidavits from XXX (Parents of Jamie XXX)

 Affidavits from XXX (family friends).

 Affidavit from XXX (our marriage counselor).

 Affidavit from XXX (work supervisor).

 Copy of 2006 & 2007 Joint Tax Returns.

 Lease and Termination letters for all addresses lived at since the marriage.

 Copy of the title to our car, showing joint ownership.

 Various bank statements and utility bills, showing joint accounts and addresses.

 Copy of Costco membership, showing joint account.

 Bank statement showing purchases for our trip to the Peninsula June/July 2007.

 Receipt for hotel for Weekend to Remember marriage seminar attended in April 2008.

 Copy of Certificate of Marriage Vow Renewal April 20, 2008 (unofficial).

 Pictures and cards from various holidays and outings (individually labeled) in separate folder.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit us should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Jamie XXX

and this is the statement we wrote:

May 8, 2008

Nebraska Service Center

850 S Street

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68508

(K-1 VISA) XXX, A# XXX

Dear USCIS examiner:

We were married on September 27, 2005. While we entered into our marriage in good faith we unfortunately encountered many obstacles along the way. We began attending marriage counseling with XXX in September of 2006. While there was some progress gained by attending counseling sessions, our obstacles became so great that we decided to live separately to give us both a chance to work on ourselves and work on our marriage. Jamie moved out on May 5, 2007 and XXX moved out on May 31, 2007. We each attained our own apartments. We continued to work on our marriage and see each other on a near daily basis even though we were maintaining separate residences. We continued to seek marital counseling and sought to reconcile back into one household. We spent nearly every day together and celebrated all holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and other celebrations as a family.

In April of 2008 we attended a Weekend to Remember Marriage Seminar put on through Family Life. We were given the opportunity to unofficially renew our vows at that time and we chose to do so. Shortly after that it was decided that we would move back into one household. As soon as XXX lease is up on May 31, 2008 we will be combining households at Jamie’s apartment. We both couldn’t be more thrilled. It has been a long, difficult road to travel but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel towards full marital reconciliation. We both desire to have a happy and healthy marriage relationship with each other for many decades to come. Now, armed with the resources and experiences we have acquired over the last year of our marriage, we feel we are both more prepared and better equipped to contribute to a marriage relationship.

Thank you for taking the time to read over this statement and our petition. We ask that you grant XXX his unconditional permanent residency so that he can remain here in the United States and we can continue to grow together as a couple in our marital union.

Thank you for your consideration,

___________________________ ___________________________

XXX XXX

Date Date

Timeline

I know that the last time I was on that divorce was in the cards. We went pretty far with the divorce procedings but in the end things turned around and they have been getting better everyday. I am not going to go into all the details but I will say that miracles do happen and things can change in the blink of an eye. Never in a millions years did I think this is where I would be but here I am. I was all prepared to be a divorced woman papers were drawn up and everything but then God got ahold of me, of us and our marriage and made it very clear that another plan was going to be put in place. His plan. I feel like a different person...DH is like someone I never knew before. It is amazing the power God has. Transformation has truly taken place and the prayers I prayed and others prayed for many years were answered...patience truly is the key :luv: I took a much needed break from the board and focused on some other more important things. I missed you all but I am glad to be back :D

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: Timeline
This was our coverletter:

May 8, 2008

Nebraska Service Center

850 S Street

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68508

(K-1 VISA) XXXX, A# XXXX

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my husband, XXX. Please also find a check for $545, the fee for this form and biometrics. My husband entered the US on a K-1 visa in September of 2005. We request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband, XXX.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

 Joint statement from XXX.

 Form I-751.

 Copy of the green card for XXXX.

 Affidavits from XXX (Parents of Jamie XXX)

 Affidavits from XXX (family friends).

 Affidavit from XXX (our marriage counselor).

 Affidavit from XXX (work supervisor).

 Copy of 2006 & 2007 Joint Tax Returns.

 Lease and Termination letters for all addresses lived at since the marriage.

 Copy of the title to our car, showing joint ownership.

 Various bank statements and utility bills, showing joint accounts and addresses.

 Copy of Costco membership, showing joint account.

 Bank statement showing purchases for our trip to the Peninsula June/July 2007.

 Receipt for hotel for Weekend to Remember marriage seminar attended in April 2008.

 Copy of Certificate of Marriage Vow Renewal April 20, 2008 (unofficial).

 Pictures and cards from various holidays and outings (individually labeled) in separate folder.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit us should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Jamie XXX

and this is the statement we wrote:

May 8, 2008

Nebraska Service Center

850 S Street

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68508

(K-1 VISA) XXX, A# XXX

Dear USCIS examiner:

We were married on September 27, 2005. While we entered into our marriage in good faith we unfortunately encountered many obstacles along the way. We began attending marriage counseling with XXX in September of 2006. While there was some progress gained by attending counseling sessions, our obstacles became so great that we decided to live separately to give us both a chance to work on ourselves and work on our marriage. Jamie moved out on May 5, 2007 and XXX moved out on May 31, 2007. We each attained our own apartments. We continued to work on our marriage and see each other on a near daily basis even though we were maintaining separate residences. We continued to seek marital counseling and sought to reconcile back into one household. We spent nearly every day together and celebrated all holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and other celebrations as a family.

In April of 2008 we attended a Weekend to Remember Marriage Seminar put on through Family Life. We were given the opportunity to unofficially renew our vows at that time and we chose to do so. Shortly after that it was decided that we would move back into one household. As soon as XXX lease is up on May 31, 2008 we will be combining households at Jamie’s apartment. We both couldn’t be more thrilled. It has been a long, difficult road to travel but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel towards full marital reconciliation. We both desire to have a happy and healthy marriage relationship with each other for many decades to come. Now, armed with the resources and experiences we have acquired over the last year of our marriage, we feel we are both more prepared and better equipped to contribute to a marriage relationship.

Thank you for taking the time to read over this statement and our petition. We ask that you grant XXX his unconditional permanent residency so that he can remain here in the United States and we can continue to grow together as a couple in our marital union.

Thank you for your consideration,

XXX XXX

Date Date

:D Good for you Jamie! :thumbs:

All the best to you and hubby.

Michele (F)

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi guys :D

Hope y'all are doing ok...miss you tons :luv:

We sent out our I-751 on 05/08/08 and they receieved it on 05/12/08. That is all the info we have so far. We didn't have nearly the evidence most people have but we tried our hardest and I am putting the rest of the process in God's hands. We sent to NSC so I know it will take a while or so it seems. Hope everyone gets through this process smooth and easy. Congrats Rhonda :dance:

Much Love,

Jamie :star:

Hey Jamie...Good to have you back.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know that the last time I was on that divorce was in the cards. We went pretty far with the divorce procedings but in the end things turned around and they have been getting better everyday. I am not going to go into all the details but I will say that miracles do happen and things can change in the blink of an eye. Never in a millions years did I think this is where I would be but here I am. I was all prepared to be a divorced woman papers were drawn up and everything but then God got ahold of me, of us and our marriage and made it very clear that another plan was going to be put in place. His plan. I feel like a different person...DH is like someone I never knew before. It is amazing the power God has. Transformation has truly taken place and the prayers I prayed and others prayed for many years were answered...patience truly is the key :luv: I took a much needed break from the board and focused on some other more important things. I missed you all but I am glad to be back :D

Good to see you Jamie and glad to hear that things are back on track. :dance: May God continue to always guide you in all you do and I know he will continue to bless your union. A family that prays together, stays together. :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Thanks everyone :D

Well we got the packet back in the mail today. They didn't like the form that we used. It wasn't expired - it says it expires 9/30/08 but they rejected and said to use a form revised 2/5/07. I wrote about it in the ROC forum.

On a good note we sent it to NSC and the rejection letter is from CSC and they say to send it back to them so that is good :dance:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's great news, Jamie. I'm happy you're happy!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Jamie....that is so wonderful. Congratulations (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Jamie wishing u and your hubby all the best :)! :dance:

Wow I am late congrats Rhonda.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Rhonda & Tony!

I'm working on our packet now - want to mail off no later than next Friday

Jonesie all the best with your case!!! :thumbs:

Wow!! Your so is so precious. I love the picture.. :star:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.