Jonesie

Yardies that are filing to Remove Conditions

277 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can we get together to post of our progress? I am preparing to do so in June (May, Lord willing) and need all the help I can get so hopefully we do not have to interview this time around.

What did/are you planning to submit as proof? And is there another employment letter/2 years of tax returns required with this as it was with AOS?

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm filing August 2nd.

Mindy filed a few weeks ago and got her NOA over the weekend.

This is the letter she sent in with it........( I XX'd out full names for board purposes)

April 1, 2008

USCIS Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68501-7751

Re: I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions of Status On:

XXXXXXXXXX – A# 098-825-961

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please find enclosed a JOINT I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Status regarding my husband, XXXXXX.

My husband entered the U.S. on a K-1 Visa on January 13, 2006 and we married on March 3, 2006. His Adjustment of Status petition was approved on June 28, 2006. We have established a happy life together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband, XXXXXX.

Please Note: My husbands “given” name is Vincent. He uses this name for all “official” business. His “nickname” which our friends and family routinely address him as is, Roy.

As requested, enclosed please find a copy of his Permanent Resident Card, front and back, along with the insert that came with the card and a personal check (#2034) payable to the United States Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $545.00 to satisfy the $465.00 filing fee and the $80.00 biometric fee.

In addition to the above, we are providing the following documents as evidence to verify the status of our marriage:

Sworn Affidavits

• Sworn Affidavits from XXXX, XXXXX, XXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX and XXXXX

Tax Records

• Copy of Our Joint 2006 and 2007 Tax Returns and Official Transcripts for each year

Banking/Financial Records

• Copy of Both of Our Driver’s Licenses Showing the Same Address

• Copy of our Joint Washington Mutual Checking and Savings Accounts and Debit Cards

• Copy of our Joint TCF Bank Checking and Savings Accounts

• Copy of our Joint Credit/Debit Cards – United Mileage Plus, Sam’s Club, TCF Bank and Cabela’s Visa (w/statements)

• Copy of Mindy’s IRA showing Vincent as beneficiary

• Copy of Mindy’s Last Will and Testament showing Vincent as beneficiary

• Copy of Vincent’s pay stubs showing marital residence address

Residential/Utilities

• Copies of utility and residence invoices: AT&T, Homewood Disposal, DirecTV, Nicor Gas, Village of Homewood Alarm, Chicago Tribune, Southtown Star, Caribbean Pools, Flossmoor Animal Hospital, A Better Door, CTT Electric, Cancer Support Center

Insurance Records

• Copy of MetLife Homeowners Insurance showing Vincent and Mindy as Insured

• Copy of our Joint Auto Insurance for Mindy’s 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe and Vincent’s 1988 Buick Regal.

• Copy of Joint Title and Tax Records to Vincent’s 1988 Buick Regal

• Copy of our Joint Aetna Health Insurance Cards and statement showing use

• Copy of HCR-ManorCare Benefits Link for Vincent showing benefit information for Health, Dental and Spouse Life Insurance for Mindy as his “dependent”

Other Records/Misc. Documents

• United Airlines itinerary and boarding passes from June, 2006 trip to San Diego

• Air Jamaica itinerary and hotel information for upcoming trip to Jamaica, August, 2008

• Miscellaneous cards and letters

Photographs

• THESE ARE IN THE CAR….NEED TO PUT THIS IN TOMORROW

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Husband’s signature Wife’s signature

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I'm filing August 2nd.

This is the letter she sent in with it........( I XX'd out full names for board purposes)

April 1, 2008

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68501-7751

XXXXXXXXXX – A# ...-...-...

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please find enclosed a JOINT I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Status regarding my husband, XXXXXX.

My husband entered the U.S. on a K-1 Visa on January 13, 2006 and we married on March 3, 2006. His Adjustment of Status petition was approved on June 28, 2006. We have established a happy life together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband, XXXXXX.

Please Note: My husbands “given†name is Vincent. He uses this name for all “official†business. His “nickname†which our friends and family routinely address him as is, Roy.

As requested, enclosed please find a copy of his Permanent Resident Card, front and back, along with the insert that came with the card and a personal check (#2034) payable to the United States Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $545.00 to satisfy the $465.00 filing fee and the $80.00 biometric fee.

In addition to the above, we are providing the following documents as evidence to verify the status of our marriage:

Sworn Affidavits

Tax Records

• Copy of Our Joint 2006 and 2007 Tax Returns and Official Transcripts for each year

• Copy of our Joint Washington Mutual Checking and Savings Accounts and Debit Cards

• Copy of our Joint Credit/Debit Cards – United Mileage Plus, Sam’s Club, TCF Bank and Cabela’s Visa (w/statements)

Residential/Utilities

• Copies of utility and residence invoices: AT&T, Homewood Disposal, DirecTV, Nicor Gas, Village of Homewood Alarm, Chicago Tribune, Southtown Star, Caribbean Pools, Flossmoor Animal Hospital, A Better Door, CTT Electric, Cancer Support Center

Insurance Records

• Copy of our Joint Auto Insurance for Mindy’s 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe and Vincent’s 1988 Buick Regal.

• Copy of HCR-ManorCare Benefits Link for Vincent showing benefit information for Health, Dental and Spouse Life Insurance for Mindy as his “dependentâ€

• United Airlines itinerary and boarding passes from June, 2006 trip to San Diego

• Air Jamaica itinerary and hotel information for upcoming trip to Jamaica, August, 2008

Photographs

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Wow...tell Mindy her cover letter is excellent! It's an all in one table of contents so the officer knows exactly what they are to look for. Thanks for posting this Jomo. I gotta start getting our financial docs together. About how far back is recommended? Dumb me, I didn't save our joint bank statements from 2006-2007 and to get them from the bank they charge...maybe I can get a letter from the bank stating when our joint account was opened and that it is still active?

Edited by Jonesie

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

A copy of one of her affidavits....again, XX'd....

BEFORE THE UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

IN RE: Joint Petition of )

XXXX and XXXXX to ) A# XXXXX

Remove Conditions on Residence )

of XXXXX )

AFFIDAVIT OF: XXXXX

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, personally appeared XXXXXXX who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon her oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is XXXXX. I live at XXXXX, USA. I was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA on November 11, 1963. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. I have known XXXXX since April 1986. We met while working together at Dragonette, Inc.

3. My husband, XXXXX, and I regularly socialize with Mindy and Vincent. We enjoy meeting them for lunch or dinner in Chicago’s western suburbs. It is always a treat to watch Vincent try new foods and learn about other cultures via some of the ethnic restaurants we’ve visited. I admire Mindy for her efforts to acclimate Vincent to his new life in the United States. She explains foods and customs that are unfamiliar to him, and reminds him to slow down when he speaks. Vincent’s enthusiasm for his life with Mindy is delightful, but the more excited he gets, the faster he speaks.

4. Vincent enjoys talking about his job experiences. It is obvious when talking to him that he is a proud man and a hard worker. He takes his work seriously and wants to continue to make a good life for himself and his wife.

5. Mindy told me about her relationship with Vincent four years ago. I’ve know her for a long time and it was apparent that Vincent was very special to her. In 22 years, I’ve socialized with Mindy a lot, but our best time together was at her engagement party. I was thrilled that my good friend had found the love of her life in Vincent. He was just as excited about their pending marriage as she was. The complement each other and together make a great team.

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NAUGHT

XXXXXX

STATE OF ILLINOIS )

) ss:

COUNTY OF ………….. )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this ______ day of ………..2008, by XXXXXX, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced ………………as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

Print Name:

Notary Public, State of:

My commission expires:

and one for a family member........

XXX and XXX to ) A# XXXX

of XXXXX )

AFFIDAVIT OF: LYNDA J. NICHOLAS

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, personally appeared XXXXX who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon her oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is XXXXX. I live at XXXXXXX, USA. I was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA on February 27, 1967. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. Since my birth, I have been the sister of XXXXXXXX.

3. I have entertained Mindy and Vincent in my home in San Diego and have also spent time with them together on my trips to Chicago.

4. Mindy has confided in me about her relationship with Vincent since the beginning. She has shared with me all the wonderful aspects of their relationship and I am happy she and Vincent have such a great marriage.

5. Mindy and Vincent have spent time with me and my husband and our four children while visiting us here in California and while we visited family in Chicago. My husband and my children are all very fond of Vincent. He treats my sister with love and respect. My children think he is funny, entertaining and they love the way he speaks. Vincent has taken my children fishing and played games with them and shared stories of his country with them. He is truly a wonderful addition to our family.

XXXXXXXX

STATE OF CALIFORNIA )

) ss:

COUNTY OF ………….. )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this ______ day of ………..2008, by XXXXXXXXX, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced ………………as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

Print Name:

Notary Public, State of:

My commission expires:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
A copy of one of her affidavits....again, XX'd....

XXXX and XXXXX to ) A# XXXXX

of XXXXX )

AFFIDAVIT OF: XXXXX

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, personally appeared XXXXXXX who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon her oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is XXXXX. I live at XXXXX, USA. I was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA on November 11, 1963. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. I have known XXXXX since April 1986. We met while working together at Dragonette, Inc.

3. My husband, XXXXX, and I regularly socialize with Mindy and Vincent. We enjoy meeting them for lunch or dinner in Chicago’s western suburbs. It is always a treat to watch Vincent try new foods and learn about other cultures via some of the ethnic restaurants we’ve visited. I admire Mindy for her efforts to acclimate Vincent to his new life in the United States. She explains foods and customs that are unfamiliar to him, and reminds him to slow down when he speaks. Vincent’s enthusiasm for his life with Mindy is delightful, but the more excited he gets, the faster he speaks.

4. Vincent enjoys talking about his job experiences. It is obvious when talking to him that he is a proud man and a hard worker. He takes his work seriously and wants to continue to make a good life for himself and his wife.

5. Mindy told me about her relationship with Vincent four years ago. I’ve know her for a long time and it was apparent that Vincent was very special to her. In 22 years, I’ve socialized with Mindy a lot, but our best time together was at her engagement party. I was thrilled that my good friend had found the love of her life in Vincent. He was just as excited about their pending marriage as she was. The complement each other and together make a great team.

XXXXXX

STATE OF ILLINOIS )

) ss:

COUNTY OF ………….. )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this ______ day of ………..2008, by XXXXXX, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced ………………as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

Print Name:

Notary Public, State of:

My commission expires:

and one for a family member........

XXX and XXX to ) A# XXXX

of XXXXX )

AFFIDAVIT OF: LYNDA J. NICHOLAS

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, personally appeared XXXXX who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon her oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is XXXXX. I live at XXXXXXX, USA. I was born in Chicago, Illinois, USA on February 27, 1967. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. Since my birth, I have been the sister of XXXXXXXX.

3. I have entertained Mindy and Vincent in my home in San Diego and have also spent time with them together on my trips to Chicago.

4. Mindy has confided in me about her relationship with Vincent since the beginning. She has shared with me all the wonderful aspects of their relationship and I am happy she and Vincent have such a great marriage.

5. Mindy and Vincent have spent time with me and my husband and our four children while visiting us here in California and while we visited family in Chicago. My husband and my children are all very fond of Vincent. He treats my sister with love and respect. My children think he is funny, entertaining and they love the way he speaks. Vincent has taken my children fishing and played games with them and shared stories of his country with them. He is truly a wonderful addition to our family.

XXXXXXXX

STATE OF CALIFORNIA )

) ss:

COUNTY OF ………….. )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this ______ day of ………..2008, by XXXXXXXXX, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced ………………as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

Print Name:

Notary Public, State of:

My commission expires:

My family wrote letters of support for my fiance visa, I am gonna do the same for the removal of conditions also. This is a great template. Thanks :yes:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I'm filing August 2nd.

April 1, 2008

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68501-7751

XXXXXXXXXX – A# ...-...-...

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please Note: My husbands “given†name is Vincent. He uses this name for all “official†business. His “nickname†which our friends and family routinely address him as is, Roy.

Sworn Affidavits

Tax Records

Residential/Utilities

Insurance Records

• Copy of HCR-ManorCare Benefits Link for Vincent showing benefit information for Health, Dental and Spouse Life Insurance for Mindy as his “dependentâ€

Photographs

Wow...tell Mindy her cover letter is excellent! It's an all in one table of contents so the officer knows exactly what they are to look for. Thanks for posting this Jomo. I gotta start getting our financial docs together. About how far back is recommended? Dumb me, I didn't save our joint bank statements from 2006-2007 and to get them from the bank they charge...maybe I can get a letter from the bank stating when our joint account was opened and that it is still active?

Her and I have been working on this together for a few months now. While she ran things by me, I made notes to make sure I didn't forget it too.

I would say as far back as you can. I plan on starting from November 2006, when Andre got his green card. I'm only sending quarterly copies of everything. No need for monthly as long as they keep going for 2 years straight.

I've been putting stuff in individual file folders every month since Nov. 2006. I am ready to go now.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jonesie. We were suppose to file in January but waited until February because I wanted to include our 2007 tax returns. Damien's job made a mistake on his W2 so I sent our package anway...got tired of waiting. We may get a RFE.

Mindy and I also compared list so we almost have the same evidence. Don't forget the paper the 2 year green card came in...it said something similiar to: include this letter if you are extending your CG or you requesting a replacement to expedite the process...something crazy like that. Not sure that means anything but it won't hurt to include it.

Good luck to you. Although you shouldn't have any problems with your beautiful baby...his birth certificate is great evidence. And your joint lease or rental agreement. Damien isn't on my lease but all utilites are in his name and we sent evidence that he pays them out of his own account...this may be problem. We are looking to move in the next 2-3 months so we'll be ready if we receive a RFE.

Damien's biometrics was March 14. He got his passport stamped April 10th...the day his CG expired. Last Saturday we received a "duplicate" NOA extension letter. But we never got the orginial :unsure: .

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline

The yardies waiting for LOC approval I know of:

Rhonda

myself

Sbys (Julie)

JamaicaDiva

Brownskinn

Mindy

A short list compared to the many couples who married 2005-2006 :(

Doodle has been approved already :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

DYAM!!!! This ish is INTENSE!!!!! And I thought the 129f was hard...hahahahahahahaha!! :lol: Good luck Guys and I am copying and pasting every last letter...and stashing it away for two years!! :wacko:

Mindy did an excellent job!

Bless-ed, Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gill - start collecting after you get married just in case you have an AOS interview. Hopefully, you won't have an interview but you never know....just be prepared. Most things on our list we had to provide for the AOS interview so we were prepared for LOC. We had to show evidence of joint bank accounts, bills in both names, wedding pictures, health and life insurance policies, etc.....

Timeline

I agree, Gill. I didn't get around to adding Andre's name to everything until early last year....had to wait for the Green card for most of our stuff and then it all takes time. But, once I did, I have been collecting them faithfully when they come in. Things that didn't need to wait, I have been collecting since we got his greencard. I have files set up. Everytime something comes in, I copy them and stick in the file.

It's easier to keep up with it all the while, then scramble at the end.

Rhonda

myself

Sbys (Julie)

JamaicaDiva

Brownskinn

Mindy

Mindy has also expressed this same sentiment.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Don't forget the paper the 2 year green card came in...it said something similiar to: include this letter if you are extending your CG or you requesting a replacement to expedite the process...something crazy like that. Not sure that means anything but it won't hurt to include it.

Thank you so much for mentioning this, as I completely forgot about it. I was on the hunt looking for that paper yesterday. We still have unpacked boxes in our spare room so I was tearing through them gathering all the documents and papers for previous filings. I found that sheet (thank the Lord I kept everything they sent us), and since we interviewed for AOS and they didn't take any evidence from the binder, I found some things in there that I can use for this step of the process :yes:

I printed out our gas/electric bills, 2006 and 2007 joint tax returns, found our health coverage statements from his work, and will be going to the bank probably early next month for a letter stating when our joint account was opened and that it is still active. We have checks from the account but they bear our previous address...I guess we can explain that if need be. I will be doing more printing today so that I can start to assemble this binder.

Rhonda

myself

Sbys (Julie)

JamaicaDiva

Brownskinn

Mindy

Congrats Doodle :dance:

and good luck to everyone else who have already filed to remove conditions :yes:

Unfortunately you're right - this is a short list, I joined VJ in 2005 and there are so many relationships that didn't make it this far.

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Jonsie.....dont' you have to list ALL addresses on you've lived together on the I-751? I don't have it in front of me at work; but I think you do. If so, I would not worry about the bank statements saying anything different as far as the address goes. 2 years is a long time. People move all the time.

Oh, yah, I keep forgetting to mention the card thing the 2 year GC came on. Mindy forgot it too till I reminded her. I found ours in our car just about a month ago. I was so shocked. It was under the seat and someone must've spilled soda on it or something. (Shrug) It's going in with the package no matter how it looks!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Jonsie.....dont' you have to list ALL addresses on you've lived together on the I-751? I don't have it in front of me at work; but I think you do. If so, I would not worry about the bank statements saying anything different as far as the address goes. 2 years is a long time. People move all the time.

Oh, yah, I keep forgetting to mention the card thing the 2 year GC came on. Mindy forgot it too till I reminded her. I found ours in our car just about a month ago. I was so shocked. It was under the seat and someone must've spilled soda on it or something. (Shrug) It's going in with the package no matter how it looks!

I was going to mention the previous address because we lived there until Jan. 2007. I'm just ready to get this whole process over with :wacko: the good thing is that with the exception of the government paperwork, gathering proof seems to be very similar to AOS. We better not have to interview again :mad:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Thank you so much for mentioning this, as I completely forgot about it. I was on the hunt looking for that paper yesterday. We still have unpacked boxes in our spare room so I was tearing through them gathering all the documents and papers for previous filings. I found that sheet (thank the Lord I kept everything they sent us), and since we interviewed for AOS and they didn't take any evidence from the binder, I found some things in there that I can use for this step of the process :yes:

I printed out our gas/electric bills, 2006 and 2007 joint tax returns, found our health coverage statements from his work, and will be going to the bank probably early next month for a letter stating when our joint account was opened and that it is still active. We have checks from the account but they bear our previous address...I guess we can explain that if need be. I will be doing more printing today so that I can start to assemble this binder.

Exactly...that's why I recommend you start collecting right after marriage. You never know if you'll have an AOS interview and they require joint financial evidence. Our interviewer only asked for our joint account statements and employment letter but we offered other stuff like...insurance policies, joint household bills etc. She was so pleased. It depends on your interviewer but it's better to be prepared than to have nothing at all. It definitely helped with the LOC evidence. They also want to see evidence from the entire marriage not from the time you recieved the GC.

We had no problems getting things in both name with Damien's SS card and Jamaican passport....even before he started working.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.