Yardies that are filing to Remove Conditions

277 posts in this topic

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats....but, dang....could they not give you more then one week to make arrangements to be there?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Sjb :D

Exactly JG! It is almost 2.5 hours away from us. It is a good thing that we both warned our work that this day would be coming. I honestly didn't expect it so soon. Hopefully they won't sit on it for a year and sweat us out. :lol:

Timeline
The yardies waiting for LOC approval I know of:

Rhonda

myself

Sbys (Julie)

JamaicaDiva

Brownskinn

Mindy

A short list compared to the many couples who married 2005-2006 :(

Doodle has been approved already :dance:

JamaicaDiva received their 10 green card :dance:

Timeline

How long did it take Sjb?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
How long did it take Sjb?

I tried to contact her over the weekend but I think she filed a week or two before us...so early February or late January. It took 5 months. She lives in Chicago.

Timeline

Thank you. It helps if we can kind of follow the timeline. I know I'll be a little anxious once we file in August.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey you guys! It feels like when we all were filing the K1 and chatting away again! We will apply in September to remove the conditions.

Has any of our group immigrated their husband's children from Ja? We are having a terrible time with Oneil's daughter. When Jamaica converted their b/c over to the new style, they dropped his name off as the father. We have been trying to get this corrected since October 2007. I am so frustrated...we are frustrated. (They converted all these just about the time Oneil immigrated, right before.) It's an ongoing battle. I finally found someone with some help at the registrar's so hopefully we will finally get somewhere in the next few weeks.

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

Timeline
Thank you. It helps if we can kind of follow the timeline. I know I'll be a little anxious once we file in August.

She didn't have the exact dates but it was transferred to CSC two months ago. It was filed the last week of January.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FINALLY!

I sent the packet off today (the post office near my home is open on Saturdays). I opted for Priority Mail since there would only be a one day difference in delivery (CSC is in the same state as I am) and the cost was over $20.00 less. I also made an InfoPass appointment for next month to get the I-551 stamp in hubby's passport for our Jamaica trip in August.

I organized everything nicely with dividers and tabs (like I did with K-1 and AOS) but the quality of my work looked sloppy to me compared to the previous filings. I was up until almost midnight getting everything ready to send off. I am so ready for this to be over with and we can get a 10 year break.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline
FINALLY!

I sent the packet off today (the post office near my home is open on Saturdays). I opted for Priority Mail since there would only be a one day difference in delivery (CSC is in the same state as I am) and the cost was over $20.00 less. I also made an InfoPass appointment for next month to get the I-551 stamp in hubby's passport for our Jamaica trip in August.

I organized everything nicely with dividers and tabs (like I did with K-1 and AOS) but the quality of my work looked sloppy to me compared to the previous filings. I was up until almost midnight getting everything ready to send off. I am so ready for this to be over with and we can get a 10 year break.

Congrats :dance::dance: ...lookin foward to a 10 year break myself.

JamaicaDiva received their 10 green card :dance:

WOW congrats!!! That was fast!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey you guys! It feels like when we all were filing the K1 and chatting away again! We will apply in September to remove the conditions.

Has any of our group immigrated their husband's children from Ja? We are having a terrible time with Oneil's daughter. When Jamaica converted their b/c over to the new style, they dropped his name off as the father. We have been trying to get this corrected since October 2007. I am so frustrated...we are frustrated. (They converted all these just about the time Oneil immigrated, right before.) It's an ongoing battle. I finally found someone with some help at the registrar's so hopefully we will finally get somewhere in the next few weeks.

Working on it. Sorry to hear abour your hubby's name being dropped from the BC. You'd think they'd keep record of these things. Or at least be more carfefull, being that this is a very sensitive issue in JA. Hopefully they can resolve this for you, it could become a huge issue. If all else fails you could just submit a DNA test proving he is the father. Do you have the old one to prove he was at least on it at some point? I hope they don't mess up and re-add it as though it appears your hubby has just recently added his name; when it had been there all along. So when they fix it make sure to check the date!!

Good luck to you!!

FINALLY!

I just want to kiss that baby of yours he is soooo sweet!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Well, today, I "officially" started getting all this ####### together. I've had it all in individual folders for 2 years now. All I have to do is some copying, organizing, and binding. Took me an entire hour this morning on just the utility bills, tax returns, and pictures. I swear the thing weighs 5 lbs. already. Suppose I'll work on more of the pile of folders tomorrow. UGHHHH.....so not looking forwarding to this.

I don't mail till August 2nd. But, I go to the Mindy school of ####### retentiveness, so I start now!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I just noticed this thread. Cool!

(((Jonesie))) (((BigBoyGavin!)

We will be filing around July 15. We started getting stuff together/making copies two weeks ago.

Mindy's letter is awesome - one of the best I have seen!

Having a good laugh at Henry's lannngggg dutty kissteet over having to do biometrics again! :lol:

Will be back later with my list...which is very short right now.LOL

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You guys know I'm an ####### OVER-ACHIEVER!!!! :lol: :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(I have missed you so!)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.