Etrnaly

Wife's finally coming over

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've got the news for a few days, but been busy so haven't been able to post. My wife will be getting her visa on April 17, and is flying out of Viet Nam on April 19. First I'd like to thank everyone for giving me advice and such. In the overall scheme of things, I think it helped us a lot. This might interest some more than others, but I'll give a summary of all the things we had to go through in case it helps someone here.

My wife had her interview in Feb. 2007, and after a few questions, they handed my wife a blue slip and requested the following documents:

• A complete listing of all my relatives and my wife's relatives in the United States, including their relationship, date of birth, place of birth, current address, Social Security or Alien Registration Number, and method they came to the United States.
  • A list of all my addresses in the past 5 years.
  • A copy of my 2006 tax return
We gathered all the requested infomation, turned it in, and got another green slip stating that "consular officers do not believe that there is a bona fide fiance'(e)/spousal relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary." It also stated that we should provide "any other evidence to present which would convince a reasonable person that the relationship exists for a reason other than immigration." Along with that, it stated that we should submit the original birth certificates of my parents and my spouse's parents. So, we submitted all those info and the following:

• A letter written personally by me explaining our relationship and a request to meet with the consulate officer should there be any questions or concerns he or she may have.
  • Three notarized affidavits stating that my father, my mother, and I are not related to my wife or her parents.
  • Additional pictures of our wedding, vacation, and time spent together.
  • Receipts of Western Union transfers I have sent to my wife.
  • Letters, phone bills, and many, many more evidence to prove our relationship is real
These were submitted in March 2007. After 2 months of not hearing anything from them, I flew back to Viet Nam to see my wife and also request to meet with the Chief of Informaton Unit. My request was denied.

After more waiting, we finally got another green slip from them in August 2007 stating that our case "requires additional processing." So, I wrote to my Congresswoman and got some help from her. Her office was able to get occasional status updates, but that was it. I also was able to get my boss to write a letter of support for me and my wife. However, they replied and basically told us it meant nothing for our case.

In December 2007, I decided to go back to Viet Nam again for our aniversary in February, so I asked my Congresswoman to request an appointment with the Chief of Information Unit for me. Fortunately, they had better success than I did, and I was able to get an interview.

At the interview, the Chief of Information Unit interviewed me separately, then my wife separately, and then he talked to both of us together. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. He just asked a lot of basic questions like how did we meet, who was at our wedding, when was the wedding, etc. He approved our case and gave us the pink! However, as we were leaving the city, we received a call from the Consulate telling us to come back. Both the medical report and police report expired, so we had to redo those. The medical report took 1 day, while the police report took about 2 weeks. And since her interview date had surpassed 1 year (wonder who's fault that was...), they had to reschedule another "interview."

My wife submitted everything in the beginning of March 2008. We got the new interview date for April 10. When my wife went, they just took the documents needed for the visa (i.e. passport), asked if she was my wife, and told her her visa will be ready on April 17.

I know that was a lot to read, but hopefully that helps someone else that's in the same situation that I was in. If nothing else, it pays to be persistent!

Again, thanks for all the help and support that everyone has given me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow!! That was so a lot they asked in your case.. But finally you have succeeded it.. Congrats to both of you..749677j9bim6e65s.gif

I've got the news for a few days, but been busy so haven't been able to post. My wife will be getting her visa on April 17, and is flying out of Viet Nam on April 19. First I'd like to thank everyone for giving me advice and such. In the overall scheme of things, I think it helped us a lot. This might interest some more than others, but I'll give a summary of all the things we had to go through in case it helps someone here.

My wife had her interview in Feb. 2007, and after a few questions, they handed my wife a blue slip and requested the following documents:

• A complete listing of all my relatives and my wife's relatives in the United States, including their relationship, date of birth, place of birth, current address, Social Security or Alien Registration Number, and method they came to the United States.
  • A list of all my addresses in the past 5 years.
  • A copy of my 2006 tax return
We gathered all the requested infomation, turned it in, and got another green slip stating that "consular officers do not believe that there is a bona fide fiance'(e)/spousal relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary." It also stated that we should provide "any other evidence to present which would convince a reasonable person that the relationship exists for a reason other than immigration." Along with that, it stated that we should submit the original birth certificates of my parents and my spouse's parents. So, we submitted all those info and the following:

• A letter written personally by me explaining our relationship and a request to meet with the consulate officer should there be any questions or concerns he or she may have.
  • Three notarized affidavits stating that my father, my mother, and I are not related to my wife or her parents.
  • Additional pictures of our wedding, vacation, and time spent together.
  • Receipts of Western Union transfers I have sent to my wife.
  • Letters, phone bills, and many, many more evidence to prove our relationship is real
These were submitted in March 2007. After 2 months of not hearing anything from them, I flew back to Viet Nam to see my wife and also request to meet with the Chief of Informaton Unit. My request was denied.

After more waiting, we finally got another green slip from them in August 2007 stating that our case "requires additional processing." So, I wrote to my Congresswoman and got some help from her. Her office was able to get occasional status updates, but that was it. I also was able to get my boss to write a letter of support for me and my wife. However, they replied and basically told us it meant nothing for our case.

In December 2007, I decided to go back to Viet Nam again for our aniversary in February, so I asked my Congresswoman to request an appointment with the Chief of Information Unit for me. Fortunately, they had better success than I did, and I was able to get an interview.

At the interview, the Chief of Information Unit interviewed me separately, then my wife separately, and then he talked to both of us together. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. He just asked a lot of basic questions like how did we meet, who was at our wedding, when was the wedding, etc. He approved our case and gave us the pink! However, as we were leaving the city, we received a call from the Consulate telling us to come back. Both the medical report and police report expired, so we had to redo those. The medical report took 1 day, while the police report took about 2 weeks. And since her interview date had surpassed 1 year (wonder who's fault that was...), they had to reschedule another "interview."

My wife submitted everything in the beginning of March 2008. We got the new interview date for April 10. When my wife went, they just took the documents needed for the visa (i.e. passport), asked if she was my wife, and told her her visa will be ready on April 17.

I know that was a lot to read, but hopefully that helps someone else that's in the same situation that I was in. If nothing else, it pays to be persistent!

Again, thanks for all the help and support that everyone has given me.

Etrnaly,

A big congrats to you both. I can relate to your experience as my case was similar. Good work with great effort. A true relationship will always prevail.

Menyoo.

2008-01-31 applied for SSA

2008-02-10 Received Notice fr SSA

2008-02-10 SSC issued with 10-BD

2008-02-14 Married; will get MC within 10 BD

2008-02-18 Recievd SSC

2008-02-27 Recieed Marriage Certificate

2008-03-03 485 Filed.

2008-03-08 File Received Chicago

2008-03-17 Rec'd 3 NOAs in the mail, but NOA dated 3/12/08

2008-04-04 Bio Appointment

2008-05-06 I765 in the mail

2008-05-06 I131 approved and in the mail

2008-08-26 Interview in CA 10/20/2008 Approved

2010-10-20 Remove Conditional--Gone Fishing 4 awhile now!!!!!!

2010-12-23 GC received--No More USCIS to deal with for now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

:D CONGRATS :D

That was a long ordeal you and your wife went through but it payed off at last. May you have a happy life together. :)

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats for both of you! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.