Pascal07

N-400 April 2008 filers

152 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats Sam75! Hope you get your oath letter soon!

Got my passport today, only one week after applying. That was fast!

From legal alien to American citizen ...

December 17th 2004: DCF in Paris

August 15th 2008: Naturalization ceremony in Chicago

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Got my oath letter today. It's schedule for Aug 29th and I have vacation plan with family. I do not know if I should reschedule or cancel my vacation plans? I am so confused about it.

----- I-751 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/07

NOA: 05/03/07

Biometrics: 05/31/07

Transferred from NSC to CSC: 04/01/08

Card Production ordered: 05/09/08

10 yr GC received: 05/16/08

----- N-400 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/08

Priority Date: 05/01/08

NOA: 05/06/08

1st Biometric date: 05/22/08 - Missed due to work travel

Biometrics: 05/28/08

Interview: 07/17/08

Oath: 08/29/08 : Missed due to my vacation plans

Oath: 09/26/2008 : Hooray, citizen of this country

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Congrats Sam75! Hope you get your oath letter soon!

Got my passport today, only one week after applying. That was fast!

Congratulations!

You are really and truly done!

Kel

N-400 Timeline

-----------------

04/22/2008: N-400 Application mailed to VSC

04/25/2008: N-400 Priority date

05/02/2008: check cashed

05/13/2008: NOA received, dated 05/06 (will receive information within 365 days)

05/14/2008: FP notice received

05/22/2008: FP done

End of September 2008: interview scheduled and descheduled

12/09/2008: Interview approved!

02/05/2009: OATH

Today, 08/25/2008, (priority date April 28, 2008), I had my naturalization interview at the St. Paul Office. My interview time was 9:40 AM. I arrived at 9:20. There were many folks either waiting for the interview or for some kind of letter. Initially I wasn't sure what it was about. I have a good news for St. Paul folks! Read further to find out :star:

My name was called closer to 10:00 but it wasn't a bad wait as I observed many folks come and go. One interview officer seemed really upset because when he called the name of a person he/she did not respond immediately. Thing was that the officer completely butchered the person's name. I wouldn't have understood if my name were called that badly. I hope the officer chills out. One of the waiting persons commented that the officer should take a retirement. No kidding! Fortunately he was not my interview officer. OK back to my own experience.

A female officer called my name and she greeted me very politely. She was very nice. She took me to her room through two doors and offices in between filled with files. She asked me to stay standing and raise my right hand to take the oath; which I did. She asked me to sit down. She had my file open and started off with my full name. I told her my full name (first, middle, and last). She also asked me my date of birth, and address. I told her that we had moved to a new address and I gave her the new N-400 form that I had brought with me. She told me that she will correct them on the form that was already in file. She returned my revised form back. However, she thanked me for being up-to-date. She changed the address in the form. She asked me what my birth date was and where I was born. She also asked me my wife's name (I applied based on the marriage to the U.S. citizen).

She then asked me, if I am working for the same employer as listed and I said yes; it's the same employer. Also asked me if I had membership/s to any new organizations. I told her that there was an error in the name of one of the organizations that I had listed in the original form but no new ones. She corrected that. She then asked me if I had a copy of my son's birth certificate because she couldn't find it in the file. I gave her a copy and as she was about to put it in the file she found the one that I had submitted originally. She returned the copy to me and apologized. I said, it's easier to miss things in a big file with all these papers. She commented that if we have a baby then we definitely were married. I told her that our son started the day care today. She was sympathetic as well as happy to know that we cared for our son.

She then went through the yes/no statements/questions but skipped a lot of them. Out of 37-38 statements, she only asked about 10 of them to verify. She then asked me the final statements/questions about bearing arms etc. You know the answers to these statements.

She then asked to to verify all the changes that she had made in N-400. She asked me to sign (full name). To all those who are not yet interviewed: Just write your name in cursive or whatever way you write normally. Do not try to sign it like you do with your check or credit card bills.

After that she told me that I will be tested in U.S. civics and history, writing, and reading. She first asked me the civics and history questions:

What does stars on the U.S. flag represent? Who is the president of the U.S. now? Who wrote the declaration of independence? Who becomes the president if the president and vice-president die? who was Martin Luther Kind Jr.? what is one privilege that you get as a U.S. citizen? I answered all the questions correctly.

The officer told me that since I answered all 6 questions correctly, there is no need to ask further civic questions. She then asked me to write "I have a very clean house." at the bottom of the N-400 application as a written test. Then in a separate sheet she asked me to read a pre-printed statement "I have .... (forgot the words here) to do."

The officer then told me that I passed the tests. She then said that she is recommending me for the citizenship and Congratulations! She gave me the notice that I passed the tests there and then. It's just a plain sheet that's printed off the computer.

She then told me that I should wait outside to get the Oath Letter as the Oath ceremony is taking place on the 9th of Sept. Because it's so close they are giving the oath letter right after the interview. She told me that sending the oath letter by mail for 9th Sept. is too risky as the letter may not arrive on time. I said that's very good. I will wait then. She told me that that was why there were people waiting in the waiting room and getting the letters. I mentioned to her that I was about to request for earlier oath, if possible, so that I could vote in November. Now no need to do that. Now I understand why there were folks who were being called to collect the oath letter but not something else.

I hope more folks are being interviewed at St. Paul before 9th so they can get the citizenship. Good luck.

After about 5 minutes of wait, I got the oath letter for the oath ceremony to be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center at 11:00 on the 9th of Sept. It took me about four months from application to oath. Good luck all the folks who are waiting!

Total interview time 10-12 minutes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats Laxmi and nfytoknow!

Stef&Kel: keeping my fingers crossed so that you get an interview letter soon. :goofy:

From legal alien to American citizen ...

December 17th 2004: DCF in Paris

August 15th 2008: Naturalization ceremony in Chicago

Timeline
Congrats Laxmi and nfytoknow!

Stef&Kel: keeping my fingers crossed so that you get an interview letter soon. :goofy:

Thanks! I'll be sure to post it as soon as it arrives!

K

N-400 Timeline

-----------------

05/13/2008: NOA received, dated 05/06 (will receive information within 365 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Today, 08/25/2008, (priority date April 28, 2008), I had my naturalization interview at the St. Paul Office. My interview time was 9:40 AM. I arrived at 9:20. There were many folks either waiting for the interview or for some kind of letter. Initially I wasn't sure what it was about. I have a good news for St. Paul folks! Read further to find out :star:

My name was called closer to 10:00 but it wasn't a bad wait as I observed many folks come and go. One interview officer seemed really upset because when he called the name of a person he/she did not respond immediately. Thing was that the officer completely butchered the person's name. I wouldn't have understood if my name were called that badly. I hope the officer chills out. One of the waiting persons commented that the officer should take a retirement. No kidding! Fortunately he was not my interview officer. OK back to my own experience.

A female officer called my name and she greeted me very politely. She was very nice. She took me to her room through two doors and offices in between filled with files. She asked me to stay standing and raise my right hand to take the oath; which I did. She asked me to sit down. She had my file open and started off with my full name. I told her my full name (first, middle, and last). She also asked me my date of birth, and address. I told her that we had moved to a new address and I gave her the new N-400 form that I had brought with me. She told me that she will correct them on the form that was already in file. She returned my revised form back. However, she thanked me for being up-to-date. She changed the address in the form. She asked me what my birth date was and where I was born. She also asked me my wife's name (I applied based on the marriage to the U.S. citizen).

She then asked me, if I am working for the same employer as listed and I said yes; it's the same employer. Also asked me if I had membership/s to any new organizations. I told her that there was an error in the name of one of the organizations that I had listed in the original form but no new ones. She corrected that. She then asked me if I had a copy of my son's birth certificate because she couldn't find it in the file. I gave her a copy and as she was about to put it in the file she found the one that I had submitted originally. She returned the copy to me and apologized. I said, it's easier to miss things in a big file with all these papers. She commented that if we have a baby then we definitely were married. I told her that our son started the day care today. She was sympathetic as well as happy to know that we cared for our son.

She then went through the yes/no statements/questions but skipped a lot of them. Out of 37-38 statements, she only asked about 10 of them to verify. She then asked me the final statements/questions about bearing arms etc. You know the answers to these statements.

She then asked to to verify all the changes that she had made in N-400. She asked me to sign (full name). To all those who are not yet interviewed: Just write your name in cursive or whatever way you write normally. Do not try to sign it like you do with your check or credit card bills.

After that she told me that I will be tested in U.S. civics and history, writing, and reading. She first asked me the civics and history questions:

What does stars on the U.S. flag represent? Who is the president of the U.S. now? Who wrote the declaration of independence? Who becomes the president if the president and vice-president die? who was Martin Luther Kind Jr.? what is one privilege that you get as a U.S. citizen? I answered all the questions correctly.

The officer told me that since I answered all 6 questions correctly, there is no need to ask further civic questions. She then asked me to write "I have a very clean house." at the bottom of the N-400 application as a written test. Then in a separate sheet she asked me to read a pre-printed statement "I have .... (forgot the words here) to do."

The officer then told me that I passed the tests. She then said that she is recommending me for the citizenship and Congratulations! She gave me the notice that I passed the tests there and then. It's just a plain sheet that's printed off the computer.

She then told me that I should wait outside to get the Oath Letter as the Oath ceremony is taking place on the 9th of Sept. Because it's so close they are giving the oath letter right after the interview. She told me that sending the oath letter by mail for 9th Sept. is too risky as the letter may not arrive on time. I said that's very good. I will wait then. She told me that that was why there were people waiting in the waiting room and getting the letters. I mentioned to her that I was about to request for earlier oath, if possible, so that I could vote in November. Now no need to do that. Now I understand why there were folks who were being called to collect the oath letter but not something else.

I hope more folks are being interviewed at St. Paul before 9th so they can get the citizenship. Good luck.

After about 5 minutes of wait, I got the oath letter for the oath ceremony to be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center at 11:00 on the 9th of Sept. It took me about four months from application to oath. Good luck all the folks who are waiting!

Can only wonder what your impression of the St. Paul office would be if you happened to get my wife's interviewer instead of yours. Wife's lied to her and gave false information, got a bit teed off and called my senator two days ago, yesterday had the oath letter e-mailed to us with apologies. So our impression isn't quite as good as yours. Shouldn't be that way, I didn't bring copies of our documents, but the originals, her interviewer demanded that my wife turn off the originals, she did on out tax forms, but thank God not on the documents that literally cost us thousands to get. But they were all there in her stack, just too damned lazy to look. Left a bitter impression, but have to bury that and smile this Wednesday, will wear proper attire, and bring my camera. Bet a zillion bucks, if I didn't call, would be waiting for months or years for that oath letter. But that has been our consistent luck with the USCIS, same office lost all the paper work for our daughter that also screwed things up for us.

Can only wonder what your impression of the St. Paul office would be if you happened to get my wife's interviewer instead of yours. Wife's lied to her and gave false information, got a bit teed off and called my senator two days ago, yesterday had the oath letter e-mailed to us with apologies. So our impression isn't quite as good as yours. Shouldn't be that way, I didn't bring copies of our documents, but the originals, her interviewer demanded that my wife turn off the originals, she did on out tax forms, but thank God not on the documents that literally cost us thousands to get. But they were all there in her stack, just too damned lazy to look. Left a bitter impression, but have to bury that and smile this Wednesday, will wear proper attire, and bring my camera. Bet a zillion bucks, if I didn't call, would be waiting for months or years for that oath letter. But that has been our consistent luck with the USCIS, same office lost all the paper work for our daughter that also screwed things up for us.

I'm really sorry about the experience you have had with the USCIS and I understand your gripe with them. I would have too. I just hope that everybody gets to have good experience in this process. Government agencies are like that all over but it doesn't mean that we should accept such incompetencies. Wish you and your family all the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

UserName........Sent.........NOA1.......Biometrics.....Interview......Oath

completely.......03/07/08.....04/15/08.....--/--/08.....06/10/08.....--/--/--....TSC

klanecky.........04/02/08.....04/10/08.....04/10/08..... 07/11/08.....07/11/08....VSC, Washington DC

saby.............04/05/08.....04/??/08.....04/29/08.....07/29/08.....--/--/--....VSC - Newark

licianne.........04/07/08.....04/15/08.....04/29/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....TSC

lumpy115.........04/09/08.....04/16/08.....05/05/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....NSC

gatorlink........04/10/08.....04/21/08.....05/06/08.....09/24/08.....--/--/--....TSC - Tampa

Pascal07.........04/12/08.....04/29/08.....05/14/08.....07/31/08.....--/--/--....CSC - San Jose

pry2008..........04/14/08.....04/26/08.....05/07/08.....07/14/08.....--/--/--....NSC

sam75............04/21/08.....04/28/08.....05/13/08.....08/18/08.....--/--/--....TSC - Memphis

stef and kel.....04/22/08.....05/06/08.....05/22/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....VSC - Buffalo

zyggy............04/26/08.....05/05/08.....05/30/08.....08/12/08.....09/17/08....CSC - Phoenix

lespoir fait.....04/26/08.....05/02/08.....05/28/08.....08/06/08.....--/--/--....NSC - Chicago

followmydreams...04/27/08.....05/08/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....VSC

Laxmi............04/28/08.....05/09/08.....05/12/08.....??/??/08.....--/--/--....

F1Belle..........04/28/08.....05/15/08.....05/30/08.....06/21/08.....--/--/--....NSC - Atlanta

nfytoknow........04/29/08.....05/06/08.....05/29/08.....07/17/08.....--/--/--....NSC - Cincinnati

MGM..............04/29/08.....05/16/08.....05/29/08.....09/09/08.....--/--/--....NSC

jsouthwick.......04/30/08.....--/--/--.....07/15/08.....08/22/08.....--/--/--....TSC

Tong Yan.........04/30/08.....05/16/08.....05/29/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....TSC

Just updating for our oath date. Next Wednesday.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

completely.......03/07/08.....04/15/08.....--/--/08.....06/10/08.....--/--/--....TSC

klanecky.........04/02/08.....04/10/08.....04/10/08..... 07/11/08.....07/11/08....VSC, Washington DC

saby.............04/05/08.....04/??/08.....04/29/08.....07/29/08.....--/--/--....VSC - Newark

licianne.........04/07/08.....04/15/08.....04/29/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....TSC

lumpy115.........04/09/08.....04/16/08.....05/05/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....NSC

gatorlink........04/10/08.....04/21/08.....05/06/08.....09/24/08.....--/--/--....TSC - Tampa

Pascal07.........04/12/08.....04/29/08.....05/14/08.....07/31/08.....--/--/--....CSC - San Jose

pry2008..........04/14/08.....04/26/08.....05/07/08.....07/14/08.....--/--/--....NSC

sam75............04/21/08.....04/28/08.....05/13/08.....08/18/08.....--/--/--....TSC - Memphis

stef and kel.....04/22/08.....05/06/08.....05/22/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....VSC - Buffalo

zyggy............04/26/08.....05/05/08.....05/30/08.....08/12/08.....09/17/08....CSC - Phoenix

lespoir fait.....04/26/08.....05/02/08.....05/28/08.....08/06/08.....--/--/--....NSC - Chicago

followmydreams...04/27/08.....05/08/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....VSC

Laxmi............04/28/08.....05/09/08.....05/12/08.....08/25/08.....09/09/2008 NSC-St. Paul

F1Belle..........04/28/08.....05/15/08.....05/30/08.....06/21/08.....--/--/--....NSC - Atlanta

nfytoknow........04/29/08.....05/06/08.....05/29/08.....07/17/08.....--/--/--....NSC - Cincinnati

MGM..............04/29/08.....05/16/08.....05/29/08.....09/09/08.....--/--/--....NSC

jsouthwick.......04/30/08.....--/--/--.....07/15/08.....08/22/08.....--/--/--....TSC

Tong Yan.........04/30/08.....05/16/08.....05/29/08.....--/--/--.....--/--/--....TSC

I had my Oath ceremony yesterday at the Minneapolis Convention Center along with over 1100 folks from 110 different countries. The auditorium was packed. The line was quite long as the USCIS officers were going through the Yes/No questions from the back of the Oath letter that you need to answer before you're allowed to seated in the Oath ceremony. I suggest that you fill that form before you come for oath and sign the form with the date of the oath ceremony. This will help all the folks. A federal judge presides the ceremony and basically you hear the president welcome you, the star spangled banner, god bless the America song, and some speeches. THey also call your countries name and you stay standing until all the names are called. Judge Rosenbaum (sp?) was great, I loved him. In addition, there were folks from the voter registration drives to help you fill in the voter registration forms. I did not vote in yesterday's primary but I could have. I will vote in the big one in November.

The ceremony ended in about 45 minutes. The citizenship certificates are handed out with the instructions for how to sign the certificate. Also, US postal office folks were there to help you fill out the US passport applications after the ceremony. That was that.

I'm now a U.S. citizen and I'm very glad that it's done in just 4-months. Filed N-400 April 28 (priority date) - May 18 biometric - August 25 interview - September 09 Oath.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

anyone from april list got their oath letters? its' been a month now but haven't recieved ours. I am sensing the oath letters have slowed down. This is election season and it should be fast in my opinion?

N-400:

04-21 - Sent to TSC

04-24 - Payment cashed

04-28 - NOA and biometric letters sent

05-02 - NOA and Biometric letters rcvd

05-13 - biometric appointment

08-18 - Interview scheduled (Memphis)

11-21 - Oath Scheduled - Done with USCIS!

11-21 - applied for passport - awaiting....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
anyone from april list got their oath letters? its' been a month now but haven't recieved ours. I am sensing the oath letters have slowed down. This is election season and it should be fast in my opinion?

Sam,

I got my second oath letter on Thursday. I did not go for the first one as I already had made vacation plans which I did not want to change. My oath is on Sep 26th in Cincinnati. I got my first letter after about 5 weeks. I am sure you will receive yours soon. Good luck.

----- I-751 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/07

NOA: 05/03/07

Biometrics: 05/31/07

Transferred from NSC to CSC: 04/01/08

Card Production ordered: 05/09/08

10 yr GC received: 05/16/08

----- N-400 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/08

Priority Date: 05/01/08

NOA: 05/06/08

1st Biometric date: 05/22/08 - Missed due to work travel

Biometrics: 05/28/08

Interview: 07/17/08

Oath: 08/29/08 : Missed due to my vacation plans

Oath: 09/26/2008 : Hooray, citizen of this country

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

completely.......03/07/08.....04/15/08.....--/--/08.....06/13/08.....06/13/08....TSC

Laxmi............04/28/08.....05/09/08.....05/12/08.....??/??/08.....--/--/--....

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Finally, an interview letter!!!!!!!!! See timeline below. Seattle is so much slower than most of the rest of your field offices.

I-751

APR 19, 2007 I-751 mailed to VSC

MAY 15, 2007 Blue receipt

MAY 24, 2007 NOA (1-year extension notice)

MAY 28, 2007 Biometrics appointment notice

JUN 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment completed

JUN 11, 2007 touched

JUN 12, 2007 touched

JUN 20, 2007 touched (because of change of address, but still within VSC)

OCT 26, 2007 Card Production ordered

NOV 2, 2007 Approval Notice mailed to us

NOV 8, 2007 10-year Card received!!!

N400 Mailed to NSC. Local Field Office: Seattle

APR 9, 2008 N-400 application mailed

April 10, 2008 Priority date

April 14, 2008 check cashed

April 19, 2008 touched

April 21, 2008 Received NOA 1 dated April 16, 2008. Says interview will happen within 248 days.

May 5, 2008. Biometrics completed

Sep 22, 2008. IL received

Nov 18, 2008. Interview. Done!!! Passed!!!

Dec 3, 2008 Oath

Dec 5, 2008 Passport application submitted (with naturalization certificate)

Dec 13, 2008 Naturalization certificate received in the mail

Dec 15, 2008 US passport received in the mail.

Done!!!

Timeline
Finally, an interview letter!!!!!!!!! See timeline below. Seattle is so much slower than most of the rest of your field offices.

congratulations! finally! it must be a relief!

K

N-400 Timeline

-----------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.