tenderheartusa79

Egyptian police bust butcher over donkey meat

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
well the other day me and my queen were talking about the halal meat in USA

she lives in Granite falls , NC so we have to go to Charlotte to get the halal meat its about two hours far from her home

she was so upset when i told her i can't eat your meat or chicken or turkey........

cause I'm Muslim i can just eat halal meat . and she really loves the Egyptian meat more than the American meat . now i have some bad news about the Egyptian meat :-

last week An Egyptian butcher has been arrested for selling donkey and horse meat and passing ite off as beef, press reports said on Wednesday.

the arrested butcher used to pick up dead or sick animals from canals, swamps or garbage dumps in the Giza area near Cairo, popular with tourists visiting the Pyramids.

He then skinned and cut to disguise its source and sold it to a frozen meat vendor for 5 Egyptian pounds (0.90 dollars) per kilo.

The vendor reportedly mixed the meat with spices and potatoes, added a chemical substance to cover up the smell, and sold it for 20 Egyptian pounds per kilo to individuals and fast food restaurants.

the vets says its kinda hard to know the different between the donkey's meat and the cow's meat

i was thinking maybe if you start to bray or to kick it will be very good sign that you ate donkey's meat LOL

thanks GOD cause I'm almost vegetarian and i don't like meat so much and i don't like the liver either

What type of Idiotic discussion is this ??? Is this forum section is for discussing Forign embassy and affairs or meat ?? Are u a Meat seller too .........why have u then discussed so much about meat here without posting it in the off topic section ??? Embassy section is not somewhere to make fun aand discuss about idiotic and absurd topics.I dnt think VJ ers are not at all interested to learn the meat rates & donkey meat details here in this forum. Pls keep your meat policy to yourself ....... what rubbish .... you come to usa and still want meat from your country ?? Why dnt you return back ?? :rofl:

Moderators pls take proper action and arrange to move it .......... :angry:

:girlwerewolf2xn: now where's that chill pill picture at?!

;)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
dont want to start a ruckus but to those that have their so here...to them is it just a dead set period end of discussion they wont eat our meat from stores in their area and do you make the special effort to find the other

My husband is pretty serious about eating Halal meat.

the closest market right now is about 45 miles from us so we go about once a month or whenever we run low and just stock up. I dont mind because usually the meat is cheaper, its fresher, and we can have them cut it however we want.

I guess if it was a real hardship to find or obtain it we would find another way but its really not a big deal for us now.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That is just nasty, what does horse meat taste like????????????? OMG I think I just threw up a little. vomit-smiley-026-1.gif

i guess that depends on which part of the horse you are eating. :innocent:

Butt.jpg

note that in germany, a pferde meztgerai is a horse butcher, so don't order anything from them.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
dont want to start a ruckus but to those that have their so here...to them is it just a dead set period end of discussion they wont eat our meat from stores in their area and do you make the special effort to find the other

the closest market right now is about 45 miles from us so we go about once a month or whenever we run low and just stock up. I dont mind because usually the meat is cheaper, its fresher, and we can have them cut it however we want.

I guess if it was a real hardship to find or obtain it we would find another way but its really not a big deal for us now.

thanks im really not sure around here on this but OKC is fairly large city so maybe its avail close

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
note that in germany, a pferde meztgerai is a horse butcher, so don't order anything from them.......

Thank you, you know I lived in nuremberg Germany for three years, I didn't know this, so most likely I have eaten HORSE. Be back after I have my complete breakdown. :crying:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you, you know I lived in nuremberg Germany for three years, I didn't know this, so most likely I have eaten HORSE. Be back after I have my complete breakdown. :crying:

:rofl:

Timeline

:o ganja girl ate trigger! :help::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Yeah, I think Roy would forgive her cos she was unaware of it at the time. :blush:

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

u can always purchase ur meat from a slaughter house some around here are good at hala meat....but u have to be really careful about that if its real hala meat u want some will say it is and stamp that it is but it is not always what it states it is.....we raise our own we have a very small farm some people from time to time will purchase a goat or cow or something and keep it here until they want it but they have to take care of everything them self we wont slaughter it or anything........there are lots of ways to get hala meat.............

Timeline

Yeah, I think Roy would forgive her cos she was unaware of it at the time. :blush:

it sure gives a whole new meaning to this:

hiyo silver, away!!! :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
:o :o Nooooooooooooo!!

kodasmall3.jpg

giddyap thunderthighs!! horrible, just horrible.

We eat halal a lot since my arabian market is 1 minute from my apartment. Before we moved to Houston, we ate what was available BECAUSE it states that if there is no halal available then it is accepted to eat what IS available. We are fairly lenient on that subject. Here's how we view it. If it says halal and we intended for it to be halal and we bought it from a store that sells halal foods reputably, then its halal. Nobody knows if the butcher did exactly what he/she was supposed to do so all we can do, if we want halal foods, is go by what the package states. God knows our intentions are to eat halal so he accepts that from us. If we ever found out that it was not butchered properly, we would stop buying that particular one and/or change where we shop. That is just us though.

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.