tenderheartusa79

Egyptian police bust butcher over donkey meat

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

when we were in syria my husband was going to order a pizza and asked what the meat was in it and they said horse. he ordered a sandwich instead. dont know if he ever had horse meat before but he wasnt having it that day either.

as for halal. he doesnt eat it. dont really know if he knows he is supose to be eating it or not cuz ive told him about it and he didnt say we should buy the meat there. really he is not a very religious muslim. now my girlfriend on the other hand wont eat anything else.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
i would eat horse or donkey but i certainly wouldn't like to be tricked.

Anyways all these began with me ....... so I again apologise if i sounded rude......ya sure i wrote a lot extra that was not necessary .......so i apologise with Tendeheart too.......... I love this forum and lets be a family together............. Take Care and good luck for all.

Edited by christera22

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Horse meat is one of the national dishes of Kazakstan, so I had the opportunity to eat it many times. (It's ok, definitely doesn't taste like chicken or beef!) Before living there, I would NEVER have thought of it, but it is just a natural thing - when in Rome... The one thing I can't get my mind to meet is the custom of eating dog in Korea, just not sure that would ever sit well with me...

The most disturbing thing about that story was not that it was donkey, etc., but where he found the meat - ewwwwwie!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
well the other day me and my queen were talking about the halal meat in USA

she lives in Granite falls , NC so we have to go to Charlotte to get the halal meat its about two hours far from her home

she was so upset when i told her i can't eat your meat or chicken or turkey........

cause I'm Muslim i can just eat halal meat . and she really loves the Egyptian meat more than the American meat . now i have some bad news about the Egyptian meat :-

last week An Egyptian butcher has been arrested for selling donkey and horse meat and passing it off as beef, press reports said on Wednesday.

the arrested butcher used to pick up dead or sick animals from canals, swamps or garbage dumps in the Giza area near Cairo, popular with tourists visiting the Pyramids.

He then skinned and cut to disguise its source and sold it to a frozen meat vendor for 5 Egyptian pounds (0.90 dollars) per kilo.

The vendor reportedly mixed the meat with spices and potatoes, added a chemical substance to cover up the smell, and sold it for 20 Egyptian pounds per kilo to individuals and fast food restaurants.

the vets says its kinda hard to know the different between the donkey's meat and the cow's meat

i was thinking maybe if you start to bray or to kick it will be very good sign that you ate donkey's meat LOL

thanks GOD cause I'm almost vegetarian and i don't like meat so much and i don't like the liver either

Myheartwillgoon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
well the other day me and my queen were talking about the halal meat in USA

she lives in Granite falls , NC so we have to go to Charlotte to get the halal meat its about two hours far from her home

she was so upset when i told her i can't eat your meat or chicken or turkey........

cause I'm Muslim i can just eat halal meat . and she really loves the Egyptian meat more than the American meat . now i have some bad news about the Egyptian meat :-

last week An Egyptian butcher has been arrested for selling donkey and horse meat and passing it off as beef, press reports said on Wednesday.

the arrested butcher used to pick up dead or sick animals from canals, swamps or garbage dumps in the Giza area near Cairo, popular with tourists visiting the Pyramids.

He then skinned and cut to disguise its source and sold it to a frozen meat vendor for 5 Egyptian pounds (0.90 dollars) per kilo.

The vendor reportedly mixed the meat with spices and potatoes, added a chemical substance to cover up the smell, and sold it for 20 Egyptian pounds per kilo to individuals and fast food restaurants.

the vets says its kinda hard to know the different between the donkey's meat and the cow's meat

i was thinking maybe if you start to bray or to kick it will be very good sign that you ate donkey's meat LOL

thanks GOD cause I'm almost vegetarian and i don't like meat so much and i don't like the liver either

my egyptian husband, checked before coming here to usa, and we live far from any hala grocery stores. They told him that meat is imported anyway like Mcdonalds in Egypt, when you eat there, it is imported and not hala meat so he eats here any meat except pork.

Myheartwillgoon

What type of Idiotic discussion is this ??? Is this forum section is for discussing Forign embassy and affairs or meat ?? Are u a Meat seller too .........why have u then discussed so much about meat here without posting it in the off topic section ??? Embassy section is not somewhere to make fun aand discuss about idiotic and absurd topics.I dnt think VJ ers are not at all interested to learn the meat rates & donkey meat details here in this forum. Pls keep your meat policy to yourself ....... what rubbish .... you come to usa and still want meat from your country ?? Why dnt you return back ?? :rofl:

Moderators pls take proper action and arrange to move it .......... :angry:

Did you go out of your mind?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.