Alex+R

Prison Poll

Prison  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should a prisoner be able to blog (by sending home letters and having a friend post them)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if they're not on death row
    • Only if the victims (if any) are OK with it
  2. 2. Do you know anyone in prison?

• Yes
    • No
    • Used to
  3. 3. Have you been to prison?

• Yes
    • No
    • No but spouse has

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
LOL, I forgot, when making this poll, that none of the immigrants could have been in prison, and most of the USCs probably couldn't either, right? I mean, IMBRA and everything? Or do they just have to disclose... I forgot...

Not true - just need a waiver if you have.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I also agree that prisoners should have their rights restricted.

A HS friend of mine spent time in a jail (so I guess not prison) because she was a heroin addict and would steal anything to pay for her addiction. She'd get caught when she showed up at the hospital unable to breathe (because of the drug).

At her last rehab she got pregnant (she was clean at the time) and now has a beautiful son. That boy saved her life!!! I'm proud of her for being sober for (I think) 5 years next month.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I also have a long time family friend in prison...well technically jail....for stealing tons of stuff over the years from stores because of wanting money for drugs(cocaine and meth) and never having a job. Really sad. We are very close to her parents and sister. I am amazed though at how many times she got away with it, she was at court several times before they finally sent her to jail. It'd be nice if it was a wake up call for her, but time will tell. She is 2 years younger than me.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i used to work in the kitchen of a maximum security prison..

i think their rights should be restricted more then they are..

like in the kitchen we had to make specially prepared meals for certain inmates.. I can understand if someone is allergic to something or whatever but I don't think they should cater to certain inmate's religious restrictions and what not..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

no on all counts.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
i used to work in the kitchen of a maximum security prison..

i think their rights should be restricted more then they are..

like in the kitchen we had to make specially prepared meals for certain inmates.. I can understand if someone is allergic to something or whatever but I don't think they should cater to certain inmate's religious restrictions and what not..

I agree it isn't a country club. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

I don't think prisoners should be allowed to blog. I have never been to prison. I don't know anyone personally who has.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Your thoughts on prison please.

Since the prisons in the USA are like country clubs,yes they should be able to write home,but that's it. No fooling around on MySpace Oh yes,I know plenty of people in prison.No,I have never been behind the bars of a prison,thank GOD.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE