Nao

Passing 180 days since NOA1...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone.

We will reach 180 days (6months) since our NOA1 date(CSC) on Monday.

We have received neither RFEs nor NOA2.

When we called CSC on 3/24, we were told that our application was not even with an adjucator yet...

So, the nice officer personally brought our application to the next step and told us that our petition should go through in the next two weeks... So we waited.... But, nothing happened...

So, we called CSC again on 4/3. We were told that it has been with an adjucator. But, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for our petition to be approved by an adjucator.....

So, we waited another week.... But, nothing happened....So, we called again on 4/8. We were told

that there is nothing they can do to help us right now, but our petition should go through soon.

Well, till now, there was a touch on 4/8 and 4/9. We think the touch on 4/8 was due to a phone call.

So, my question is.....

Should we wait few more weeks? or Should we ask help from a local congress man?

We have been told "in two weeks, soon and so on....." We do not know what to believe now....

Thanks for your time

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone.

We will reach 180 days (6months) since our NOA1 date(CSC) on Monday.

We have received neither RFEs nor NOA2.

When we called CSC on 3/24, we were told that our application was not even with an adjucator yet...

So, the nice officer personally brought our application to the next step and told us that our petition should go through in the next two weeks... So we waited.... But, nothing happened...

So, we called CSC again on 4/3. We were told that it has been with an adjucator. But, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for our petition to be approved by an adjucator.....

So, we waited another week.... But, nothing happened....So, we called again on 4/8. We were told

that there is nothing they can do to help us right now, but our petition should go through soon.

Well, till now, there was a touch on 4/8 and 4/9. We think the touch on 4/8 was due to a phone call.

So, my question is.....

Should we wait few more weeks? or Should we ask help from a local congress man?

We have been told "in two weeks, soon and so on....." We do not know what to believe now....

Thanks for your time

As someone who waited 8.5 months for my noa2, I can tell you your congressman won't be much help. But your 2 touches could mean it was being adjudicated and the approval could be on its way already. I never got a 'touch' from a call, unless they actually did something to the file.

If it goes on your best bet IMO is the USCIS ombudsman. There is a form you can download, dhs 7001, or something that you can request he look into your situation. I believe it's more effective then a congressman who only gets a form letter back saying the same thing they tell you on the phone. I can email you the form if you can't locate it online.

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Oh man :\ I'm sorry you guys.

I think it sounds pretty unusual that you would have had to wait those first six months. I think I would have contacted them earlier than that. You guys have incredible patience.

It sounds like there has been a lot of activity on it in the past few days/weeks now that you've called. It sounds to me like probably your file actually got lost or just buried for those first six months, was hiding in a corner or something. Something happened. It's good that you called and that the nice person you talked to got it out of holding for you. I'd say now it's processing regularly, probably, but unfortunately that means it's as if you've just now sent it in and now you have to wait in the 'regular' line. It should be a lot faster than what you've waited already I hope, but I don't know that there's anything you can really do.

I've heard success stories with contacting your congressman, but as insane as it sounds like to say now after eight months, I say wait. It sounds like it's in normal processing now. If you'd posted months ago I would have advised you to call them and contact your congressman, but now there really might not be anything they can do.

Sounds like virgillionaire knows a lot more about it all than I would. I'd take his advice and fill out that form.

I hope it all works out soon. Stay strong guys.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

I agree that congressman won't get very far. But I would be burning up the phone lines with TBONETX's guidelines you can find here. I did and I also contacted the Ombudsman and my congressmen. I didn't wait and shortly after I got approved. It won't hurt you to try. Nothing to lose. Good luck! :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I agree that congressman won't get very far. But I would be burning up the phone lines with TBONETX's guidelines you can find here. I did and I also contacted the Ombudsman and my congressmen. I didn't wait and shortly after I got approved. It won't hurt you to try. Nothing to lose. Good luck! :star:

I dont know if that is the way she is calling but it is for me and it dont seem to help much....get some answers that at first made me worry.......ur case is in extensive back ground investigation......ur case is in extra review........and the last one ur case is in normal name security check then it will be returned to the department for processing........everyone of those answers could mean the same thing i guess.......the only thing making me a little hopeful is i called yesterday and today there is a touch as of our noon time.......week before there was not even a touch.............i think that in her case the congressman might be able to do something but in mine our congressman states he is prohibited by law ........i guess he dont need my vote lol ..........anyways good luck to all of us and may the rest of our journey be swift and smooth with out any more problems...........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

I dont know if that is the way she is calling but it is for me and it dont seem to help much....get some answers that at first made me worry.......ur case is in extensive back ground investigation......ur case is in extra review........and the last one ur case is in normal name security check then it will be returned to the department for processing........everyone of those answers could mean the same thing i guess.......the only thing making me a little hopeful is i called yesterday and today there is a touch as of our noon time.......week before there was not even a touch.............i think that in her case the congressman might be able to do something but in mine our congressman states he is prohibited by law ........i guess he dont need my vote lol ..........anyways good luck to all of us and may the rest of our journey be swift and smooth with out any more problems...........

GOSH!! I really feel for you!! Im so sorry! That totally bites. I don't know how some people are so patient. I AM NOT!! ha ha One of those who can just sit back and wait. I have heard that calling to much or inquiring to much can have the reverse affect and cause things to get bottled up with all the inquiries, but I could not just sit still and wait. I know everyone is in the same boat but I don't like feeling helpless so I tried to do something as often as I could to see what was up. On another note, those people at the USCIS customer service center have no clue, they just send email inquiries and are seemed to be trained to give you any excuse that you will buy. I was told some of the things you were when I called and many others, my case is under investigative review, there is an RFE coming to me by mail, etc. etc. None of which were true. It was all BS to pacify me somehow in their own sick way. They are just scripted bugs on the other end of the phone. They are only going down the list of excuses to give you until you accept one. That is what it seems anyway. I hope your case gets approved soon and by the looks of the timeframe for you both it looks like its close. I will pray that it happens soon!! Take care.

Edited by djaedi

Timeline

Hi everyone. Thanks a looooooot for your replies to the topic I created.

Also, I am so sorry that I could not reply for few days...

Virgillionaire, thanks for letting us know about filing the form with an ombudsman.

We totally did not know about it. We will definately give a try. Thanks a looot for valuable info. :star:

SnowyTater, thanks for your comment. Yea... it seems like that our application was still in the storage area when we called on March 24.... :angry: Well, at least it was not lost..... We, ourselves, cannot believe how we stayed so patient till now....Craziness... :wacko: Thanks :star:

djaedi, thanks for your advice. We think we will try to file the form with an ombudsman. Yea, exactly. It won't hurt.

estadia, thanks for your comment. So, it seems that you are in a similar situation. Based on great comments and advices here, calling a congressman does not seem to help us anyway. Are you gonna try to file the form with ombudsman? We will send it out this Monday. I think we should give a try. Let's wish all of us best luck. :thumbs:

So, here is my update...

My fiancee called CSC on April 11. They told us that our application has already been with an adjudicator and there is nothing they can do at this point since it is already at where it is supposed to be... We were told that it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 months for an adjudicator to process the case. She told us that our case should go through this week or at the latest by the end of next week. If it does not go through by then, they will pull out our application and look into it. So, basically, we were told to wait till 24th....(Well, we did not learn anything new...Oh well...)

Here is what we decided on: We will file with an ombudsman on Monday anyway since we do not know for sure that our application goes through by the end of next week. We will also call on the 24th and ask them to look into our case since it will reach one month since our case is assigned to an adjudicator. We think we will try these two things at this point.

The best thing we hope is to hear a good news this week though. Please wish us luck. I will post an update here if there is anything new to our case.

Thanks a lot

Past History

AOS timeline

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We are in a similar situation. In 5 more days it will be 6 months since we received our NOA1. We have called a few times already and everytime we were told everything was in normal timeframe. None of the phone calls has brought a touch either. Last time we called was on Thursday and we were told CSC is currently working on Sept files so we are not considered overdue yet. They didn't tell us what exact status our case is at. I am not sure how some of you managed to get info like your case has been passed to adjudicator, so and so.

Our last updated date is Feb 27th and the officer told us without a touch could also mean they are processing our case.. but if there's no change 60 days after the last updated date, we should call complain then.

Frustrating!!

K1

10/12/2007 - I-129F mailed.

10/15/2007 - Package arrived at CSC.

10/22/2007 - NOA1 in the mail!! Check cleared.

10/25 ~26/2007 - *Touched*

10/28 ~30/2007 - *Touched*

11/1/2007 - Touched!

2/27/2008 - Touched!!!

4/25/2008 - NOA2

4/28/2008 - Touched

5/8/2008 - Package arrived at NVC

5/15/2008 - Package leaves NVC

8/23/2008 - Received instruction packet from consulate

9/28/2008 - Received interview appointment letter

11/06/20078 - K1 interview PINK!

AOS

1/12/2009 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed

1/27/2009 - Biometric appointment letter for AOS and EAD

1/29/2009 - Hardcopy of appointment letter received

2/6/2009 - Transfer notice hardcopy received (on this notice it says receipt date was 1/21/09.. but we never receive any receipt for AOS/EAD/AP)

3/27/2009 - Received AP

3/30/2009 - Received EAD

4/21/2009 - I485 is approved.

4/27/2009 - received Greencard

Timeline
We are in a similar situation. In 5 more days it will be 6 months since we received our NOA1. We have called a few times already and everytime we were told everything was in normal timeframe. None of the phone calls has brought a touch either. Last time we called was on Thursday and we were told CSC is currently working on Sept files so we are not considered overdue yet. They didn't tell us what exact status our case is at. I am not sure how some of you managed to get info like your case has been passed to adjudicator, so and so.

Our last updated date is Feb 27th and the officer told us without a touch could also mean they are processing our case.. but if there's no change 60 days after the last updated date, we should call complain then.

Frustrating!!

Hi EnS. Yea, we are in a very similar situation. Let's help each other here.

So, did you talk to an officer or just a telephone operater?

We used RFE trick once and have been talking to officers since then.

If you did not use RFE trick, the people whom you talked to were most likely just a telephone operater.

Telephone operaters do not know anything and won't tell you your case status.

So, you need to talk to an officer. All the officers we talked to told us our case status and were much helpful.

If the officer whom you talked to did not tell you your case status, you should call again.

There are several officers answering the phone. Some of them are nicer than the other.

So, you should give a try several times. Since you will most likely be told that they cannot do anything for 30 days after your case is handed to an adjudicator, you want to know your case status ASAP. I think you should try to use RFE trick. It worked for us.

Good Luck!!

Past History

AOS timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I contacted my congressman after my case was held up for a long time while waiting for interview.

In our case my congressman wasn't able to attain us an interview when we wanted, however they were really very helpful in getting information out of the embassy.

I sent a letter by fedex to my congressmans office locally and in Washington requesting a signature so that the office staff would be aware that I knew they received it. They responded to me within a week.

USCIS may just say the same thing to your congressman's office that they say to you over the phone but at least they will understand how frustrating this can be for a constituent.

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.