rebeccajo

Gardening

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

If anybody has any experience with either a Weeping Pu$$y Willow tree, or a Rose of Sharon Hibiscus tree (not the shrub), I'd like to hear about it.

Or any other ideas for a really small slim foundation tree.

Thanks!

*edited because the stupid auto-censor has a dirty mind*

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
If anybody has any experience with either a Weeping Pu$$y Willow tree, or a Rose of Sharon Hibiscus tree (not the shrub), I'd like to hear about it.

Or any other ideas for a really small slim foundation tree.

Thanks!

*edited because the stupid auto-censor has a dirty mind*

The Rose of Sharon tree does really well down here in South Texas. But what Climate Zone are you in ?

Edited to add -- I would not consider the Rose of Sharon to be a *really* small or slim tree though -- down here it gets maybe 10-12 feet tall and is pretty rounded.

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Depends where you live in the country. A weeping cherry stays small and has alot of blooms in the spring. A double chinese plum stays small with lots of white blooms in the springtime also. If you google ornamental trees it should take you to some good sites. Stay away from the big home improvement stores, in my experience they dont take care of their trees.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rose of Sharon is nice when it blooms.. kind of shrubby looking otherwise even in tree form. I like Japanese maples.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

We live in Zone 6A. West Virginia. So I'm concerned about plants that will do well over a long winter.

I basically want to plant in a bed right against the house. My original plan included a Profusion flowering crabapple. But I'm pretty sure that will get way to big to plant even three feet out from the foundation.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We live in Zone 6A. West Virginia. So I'm concerned about plants that will do well over a long winter.

I basically want to plant in a bed right against the house. My original plan included a Profusion flowering crabapple. But I'm pretty sure that will get way to big to plant even three feet out from the foundation.

First of all, I fully expect Charles to come in and mention the weeping pu55y.

Now that that's over, I can get onto a subject I love.

Rose of Sharon. Amazing tree, although I call it more of a shrub, but it is really a tree. We have 13 of them in our garden and they really are very hardy. We have pretty cold winters in Indiana and they have survived for a good few years so far. The flowers are gorgeous and they attract Hummingbirds too.

I recommend them, I really do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

All this tree talk and I can't wait to go plant the onion that sprouted a couple of days ago... :wacko:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
All this tree talk and I can't wait to go plant the onion that sprouted a couple of days ago... :wacko:

Keep us posted on its growing progress, please. ;)

It has been exciting seeing it with the other onions... somehow that one is special! Even Gabriel (our cat) seems to admire it every so often.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

fooled ya huh? :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

fooled ya huh? :D

You did. I'm completely thrown. :unsure:

now to go think up other ideas to keep you off balance. :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't do ornamental trees, but if I can recommend one that produces edibles...

Columnar or Colonnade apple trees are quite nice and stay small. I used to have two at my old house and they got to about 10 feet (can be pruned smaller) and looked rather tropical, I thought, but never more than about two feet wide.

Oh, and the apples were delicious. :)

05-13-06 - Met at Neo Nightclub in Chicago through a mutual friend.

05-24-06 - First formal date, followed immediately by weekend spent together.

09-07-06 - First trip to the UK. Sick most of the time, loved it anyway. :)

11-21-06 - Alasdair comes in for Thanksgiving.

03-28-07 - Second trip to the UK, flew out to Northern Ireland to meet the parents.

06-12-07 - Alasdair's next visit, we go everywhere and do everything. :)

06-17-07 - We become formally engaged, though it'd been in discussion for months.

07-27-07 - I-129F packet sent to Nebraska Service Center.

07-30-07 - I-129F packet received at Nebraska Service Center and forwarded to California.

08-24-07 - Check finally cashed!

08-25-07 - NOA1 Received!

01-30-08 - NOA2 Finally Received!

03-18-08 - Packet 3 Received!

04-03-08 - Packet 4 Received!

04-28-08 - Interview at 8:30am

Fiance still an idiot, sent wrong doc, still waiting on arrival date.

3052.gif

I don't do ornamental trees, but if I can recommend one that produces edibles...

Columnar or Colonnade apple trees are quite nice and stay small. I used to have two at my old house and they got to about 10 feet (can be pruned smaller) and looked rather tropical, I thought, but never more than about two feet wide.

Oh, and the apples were delicious. :)

Thanks for the alternative idea. What about cross pollination? Does there have to be another one nearby?

Now that that's over, I can get onto a subject I love.

Rose of Sharon. Amazing tree, although I call it more of a shrub, but it is really a tree. We have 13 of them in our garden and they really are very hardy. We have pretty cold winters in Indiana and they have survived for a good few years so far. The flowers are gorgeous and they attract Hummingbirds too.

I recommend them, I really do.

Mags, if they'd survive an Indiana winter, they'd work here. Thanks!!