*JG*

Worlds first Pregnant Man

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The Pregnant Man Grows Ever Larger in Buzz

by Molly McCall

Yesterday Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:30:51 PDT

On Thursday, Oprah introduced Oregon resident Thomas Beatie to anyone who hadn't yet heard of him. Beatie, a transgender man who is legally male, is six months pregnant with his and his wife's child. La Winfrey called the expectant situation "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."

And everybody, it seems, is interested. Over the past seven days, searches for "pregnant man" rose 26,879%. Demand for "thomas beatie" grew more than 3,000%. Interest in "oregon man pregnant" has swelled 461%.

As for the skeptics who typed "man claims he is pregnant" and "pregnant man?" into Search, we can answer: Mr. Beatie retained his female reproductive organs. Because he has a uterus, he can get pregnant and carry a baby to term.

In Buzz, some of the most popular articles from the past week focused on the bun in Beatie's oven. As we posted earlier, Boing Boing and Huffington Post were two of the first sources to surface with articles on the story. Since then, the Huffington Post scored another hit with an item revealing more photos of the fertile daddy.

LilSugar, Yahoo! News, and People.com have also polled well with Buzz readers. The People.com article, which offers an exclusive video clip from the Oprah appearance, was one of the most voted-on articles in Buzz after the show aired.

So has this childbearing event really redefined what diversity means for everybody? The tale certainly seems to have people thinking about gender issues. We've noted a surge in queries for "transgendered" and "transgender pregnancy." Lookups for "pregnant man" have flowed in from every state in the U.S. and every age group.

With the fruitful papa about to enter his third trimester, we may have three more months of this baby buzz. Enjoy it!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh man, I wanted to watch this yesterday but Oprah's over when I get home. I just wanted to know why he and his wife decided that he would be the one to get pregnant. The whole thing is just so odd.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

I hope they have a healthy and happy baby!

All the best to them :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Timeline
Oh man, I wanted to watch this yesterday but Oprah's over when I get home. I just wanted to know why he and his wife decided that he would be the one to get pregnant. The whole thing is just so odd.

Diana

Apparently the wife can't have children. He decided not to change his sexual organs because he knew he wanted to have a baby one day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

That´s so cool :thumbs: Hope their baby will be healthy and all of them happy :)

Did they say how they did it? Like they took husband´s egg and someone elses sperm? Or wife´s egg and husband´s sperm? Or does husband have both sperm and eggs? What does he have?

That´s so cool :thumbs: Hope their baby will be healthy and all of them happy :)

Did they say how they did it? Like they took husband´s egg and someone elses sperm? Or wife´s egg and husband´s sperm? Or does husband have both sperm and eggs? What does he have?

Apparently they bought the eggs and the wife injected them into him. A lot of doctors wouldn't do it for them.

what the baby (if he/she made it) will call (him or her)? momy? dady? mody? domy?...again my little brain didn't get it.

The father said that he would be the dad and she would be the mom.

*edit cause I was on the phone and didn't make sense*

Edited by LoriLawless

Timeline

As long as they child grows up emotionally healthy and surrounded by loving people, it's all good.

But yeah... WEE-IRD!! :blink:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I hope they have a healthy baby

HOWEVER....i think the whole "worlds first pregnant man" should never be used, she/he is not the first pregnant man, men have not gotten pregnant yet, and when your a MAN who is a man without a doctors help and you find a way to become pregnant, then that man should have the title "worlds first pregnant man"

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

HOWEVER....i think the whole "worlds first pregnant man" should never be used, she/he is not the first pregnant man, men have not gotten pregnant yet, and when your a MAN who is a man without a doctors help and you find a way to become pregnant, then that man should have the title "worlds first pregnant man"

Here here! :thumbs:

Timeline

You're right. :blink:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i don't agree this story.....

The story is about a woman who changed sex having a baby.

But not a man as itself

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Thank you for both points. You are 100% correct.

What if I get rabbit ears grafted to my wifes head. Will our baby be the first rabbit-human hybrid?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG