Luisa_Chris

Please help...totally confused now!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello Everyone on VJ!

Oh my! this is my first time to post here... actaully i am happy that we found this very informative site. In fact I used to check and read the forums here whenever I get a chance.

Now I am posting here to seek an advise and to hear from those people who's willing to share their knowlegde with regards to our case problem. Although I've read same topic on the previous forums, I can't believe that we are on this mixed up situation now. Our attorney doesn't give a clue or help at all. :crying:

My husband (us citizen) and I (filipina) met in kuwait, we got married in my home country which is Philippines. But I decided to go back to kuwait to continue working while our K3 petition case is on process at the USCIS and my husband back to US. As I've heard that its faster and easier if we will have our case on process while I stay abroad than if I stay in the philippines. Now I am confuse about the "enterview thing" and the "visa issuance" for the K3. I just thought that I can have my interview here in kuwait embassy, get my visa and will depart from here to US and will not have any problem at all. (By the way I am holding a legal civil residency card here in kuwait through working visa)

Right now, we are waiting for the NOA2 of our I-129f and I-130. :wacko:

So confuse now and thinking if I will quit my job and go back to philippines to wait for the rest of the process to come and hopefully be approved. :help::(

Is it really necessary for the K3 case to have it completed on the country where the marriage took place and not with where spouse currently resides??? Can anyone please give me a link about it which states that it's part of the law for K3. Any insights and advices are highly appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

"Living here far away, Im Yours. Living there far away, You're mine. Love is not made of bodies only, deep in the Hearts is where We are One!"

CR1

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Kuwait

2007-08-29 -- Marriage *Dapa Siargao Island Philippines

***OUR VISA JOURNEY BEGUN***

2007-11-28 -- I-129F Sent

2007-12-04 -- I-129F NOA1

2008-08-03 -- Finally we are approved!!!!!!!!!

2008-09-11 -- Manila Embassy sent a notice that they got the I-129f case.

WE'VE JUST ABANDONE THIS!

=================================================

2007-11-28 -- I-130 Sent

2008-01-29 -- I-130 NOA1

2008-03-11 -- touched *RFE recieved and resume processing

2008-03-16 -- got touched again

2008-08-01 -- At last we got touched again!

2008-08-18 -- our case was entered into NVC System

2008-08-25 -- Nvc generates DS-3032 and AOS Bill

2008-08-28 -- email DS-3032 online

2008-09-01 -- hubby paid AOS Bill and IV bill online.

2008-09-03 -- Paid showing in the online payment system

2008-09-10 -- hubby sent the AOS packet to NVC

2008-09-11 -- just we received the Intruction packet lawyer I-130

2008-09-17 -- DS-230 sent out from kuwait to NVC

2008-09-30 -- RFE sent out by NVC DS-230 #2, #20, #23

2008-10-08 -- RFE corrections sent back to NVC from Kuwait

2008-??-??? -- CASE COMPLETE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Don't know if it is the same for K3 as K1, but for us, my fiance was Cameroonian living in Germany, and as long as we listed the German Embassy on our forms as the destination for his paperwork, along with a valid address for him, thats where it went to regardless of what country he is from.

Hope that helps.. don't know how the I130 looks though...

Good luck!

04/16/2007 - I-129F Mailed to TSC

04/24/2007 - Official NOA1 Date

08/10/2007 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2007 - INTERVIEW (PUT IN AP)

02/18/2008 - VISA ARRIVED IN MAIL!!

02/28/2008 - Arrives in the U.S.A!!!

03/15/2008 - Wedding Day!!

04/10/2008 - AOS Package Mailed (almost 1 year to the date later)

04/11/2008 - Received in Chicago

04/17/2008 - Check cashed

04/19/2008 - 3 NOAs received!

05/09/2008 - Biometrics Appt in SATX

05/14/2008 - Case transfered to CSC

06/11/2008 - EAD & AP Approved CRIS email

06/17/2008 - AP received in mail

06/21/2008 - EAD received in mail

01/21/2009 - FINALLY AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
Hello Everyone on VJ!

Oh my! this is my first time to post here... actaully i am happy that we found this very informative site. In fact I used to check and read the forums here whenever I get a chance.

Now I am posting here to seek an advise and to hear from those people who's willing to share their knowlegde with regards to our case problem. Although I've read same topic on the previous forums, I can't believe that we are on this mixed up situation now. Our attorney doesn't give a clue or help at all. :crying:

My husband (us citizen) and I (filipina) met in kuwait, we got married in my home country which is Philippines. But I decided to go back to kuwait to continue working while our K3 petition case is on process at the USCIS and my husband back to US. As I've heard that its faster and easier if we will have our case on process while I stay abroad than if I stay in the philippines. Now I am confuse about the "enterview thing" and the "visa issuance" for the K3. I just thought that I can have my interview here in kuwait embassy, get my visa and will depart from here to US and will not have any problem at all. (By the way I am holding a legal civil residency card here in kuwait through working visa)

Right now, we are waiting for the NOA2 of our I-129f and I-130. :wacko:

So confuse now and thinking if I will quit my job and go back to philippines to wait for the rest of the process to come and hopefully be approved. :help::(

Is it really necessary for the K3 case to have it completed on the country where the marriage took place and not with where spouse currently resides??? Can anyone please give me a link about it which states that it's part of the law for K3. Any insights and advices are highly appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Once the I-129F is approved (NOA2), it will be forwarded to NVC. From there it will be forwarded to the Embassy where the marriage took place. The foreign address listed on the petition is where your packet will be sent. The interview and visa will only be issued in the country where the marriage took place.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html

I’m not sure if there is a US Military method to bypass this requirement…. Hopefully someone else can chime in, in case I missed something.

Regardless, you shouldn’t need to be in the Philippines, until a week or two after your petition makes it to NVC. However; the embassy will be sending you the packet and you will need to follow up with required documentation, proof of relationship and medical examination. Some items can be obtained before the packet arrives. It would be good to examine the guides on this. (Visa guides and flow charts)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

Good luck in your journey…

• 04-04-2006 Met on Internet
  • 09-22-2007 Married

• ----- I-130 ----------
  • 10-29-2007 Mailed
  • 04-02-2008 Approved (NOA2 received 4/11/08, no web update)

• ----- I-129F ---------
  • 01-22-2008 Mailed
  • 06-16-2008 Interview (Visa received 6-18)
  • 06-22-2008 US Entry

• ----- AOS ---------
  • 08-11-2009 Mailed I-485 Package
  • 08-13-2009 Pachage delivered Chicago lockbox
  • 08-19-2009 Check cashed by USCIS
  • 08-20-2009 NOA1 Received - USCIS
  • 08-31-2009 NOA BIO Appointment Scheduled
  • 09-16-2009 BIO Appointment
  • 11-03-2009 Interview Appointment - SUCCESS!!!
  • 11-13-2009 10 year GC arrived !!!
  • Applying for US citizenship in 3 years...!!!!!!!!

The heart can endure so very much, but every moment apart still feels like an eternity.

We will be patient and we will endure, because the love we received is in answer to our dreams.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

K3 visa interview and issuance are in the Country the marriage took place unless the marriage was in the US to begin with. I'm not aware of a way around that.

You'll need to check into what needs to be done in the PI specifically besides the medical and interview but you'll only need to go back for long enough to accomplish those tasks in advance of the interview and for any time between the interview and visa in hand.

Don't know if it is the same for K3 as K1, but for us, my fiance was Cameroonian living in Germany, and as long as we listed the German Embassy on our forms as the destination for his paperwork, along with a valid address for him, thats where it went to regardless of what country he is from.

Good luck!

Please disregard. The rules are entirely different for K3 than for K1 in this regard.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Packets are now longer mailed out at the Manila Embassy. You must download the packet from the USEM website. The instructions have changed and are now available in Tagalog too.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

If the interview is taken place where the marriage took place, what will happen in our case? My husband came in on a British visa waiver. We then got married here in the USA and then he returned to the UK and then we filed for the I-129F and the I-130. We are still waiting on an approval for both the I-130 and the I-129F . I recently had an info pass appointment and was told that my case was sent to the Houston office feb of 08, and then they told me that the I129F arrived at the NBC March 08. I dont know why they told me that since all this time I was under the Impression that the I129F was at the MSC and every one says that MSC is the same as NBC so what is the difference? Last year when they started to transfer applications to CSC mine never got transffered or at least I never got notice of it. I have not even gotten touched on the I129f since Feb of 2007. So I was shocked when I was told that it was sent to NBC in March since all this time I thought it was there in the first place. Any ways what I want to know is what will happen in our case since we got married here in the states? Where will our interview be Im so confused now.

K3 visa interview and issuance are in the Country the marriage took place unless the marriage was in the US to begin with. I'm not aware of a way around that.

You'll need to check into what needs to be done in the PI specifically besides the medical and interview but you'll only need to go back for long enough to accomplish those tasks in advance of the interview and for any time between the interview and visa in hand.

Good luck!

Please disregard. The rules are entirely different for K3 than for K1 in this regard.

Timeline

Want to Thank You MaRob, M and k, pushbrk for your insights with regards to case. At first Im feeling bad about that truth that I really have to go back to philippines for the interview and others.. after all that we expected so much that I can have it all while in kuwait. Now still my mind is freaking out and feel so overwhelmed with all the things I needed to accomplish and get it done before I can leave kuwait, same thing when I got to Philippines.

Well, I believe these all would be over soon, we just need to stay strong and have faith in God.

Perhaps I will prepare now my resignation letter which effectivity is one month from the filing date to my company. Will get police clearance here to carry with me back to phils. and Oh! don't know if i understand it right that NVC will sent the packet here in kuwait? as we indicated on the filed forms my current residency address. So I have to wait to recieve it first and send it back to NVC before I go to Philippine for the interview. Hopefully im getting it correctly, just dont want to be out of time when everything is coming to our way.

Thanks to you edp33, I will have a look at the Usem website. Its really nice to be here in VJ and meeting you all despite of our differences and not seeing each other. Everyone is a friend and a family. My hubby and I are so glad to have our journey with you.

Will see each other in two weeks time (L) He'll be coming to kuwait for a short days but something to look forward into. :D We really miss each other badly now, its been 5months since we last saw each other.

"Living here far away, Im Yours. Living there far away, You're mine. Love is not made of bodies only, deep in the Hearts is where We are One!"

CR1

Vermont Service Center

2007-11-28 -- I-130 Sent

2008-01-29 -- I-130 NOA1

Timeline
If the interview is taken place where the marriage took place, what will happen in our case? My husband came in on a British visa waiver. We then got married here in the USA and then he returned to the UK and then we filed for the I-129F and the I-130. We are still waiting on an approval for both the I-130 and the I-129F . I recently had an info pass appointment and was told that my case was sent to the Houston office feb of 08, and then they told me that the I129F arrived at the NBC March 08. I dont know why they told me that since all this time I was under the Impression that the I129F was at the MSC and every one says that MSC is the same as NBC so what is the difference? Last year when they started to transfer applications to CSC mine never got transffered or at least I never got notice of it. I have not even gotten touched on the I129f since Feb of 2007. So I was shocked when I was told that it was sent to NBC in March since all this time I thought it was there in the first place. Any ways what I want to know is what will happen in our case since we got married here in the states? Where will our interview be Im so confused now.

Interview in country of legal residence.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

u are in the same situation i was in. my husband is syrian and was living and working in saudi arabia. we got married in syria and he went back to work in saudi arabia until the petition was approved and had to go back to syria for the interview. the only contact he had with the embassy in saudi arabia was to get a note from them to take to the police for his police clearance certificate. but other then that everything else had to take place in syria.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
...Perhaps I will prepare now my resignation letter which effectivity is one month from the filing date to my company. Will get police clearance here to carry with me back to phils. and Oh! don't know if i understand it right that NVC will sent the packet here in kuwait? as we indicated on the filed forms my current residency address. So I have to wait to recieve it first and send it back to NVC before I go to Philippine for the interview. Hopefully im getting it correctly, just dont want to be out of time when everything is coming to our way...

pushbrk or someone, please correct me if I have this information wrong.

Luisa_Chris,

My understanding is, if you put “Kuwait” as your “address abroad” on your I-129F petition, then this is where the communication packet(s) are sent.

NVC will forward your petition to the "US Embassy in the Philippines". This Embassy will send you the packet(s) and instructions. You will be communicating with this Embassy and this is where the interview takes place. You will not be sending anything back to NVC.

There may be a way to change your "address abroad", but I'm not certain how this is done. Perhaps after receipt of the first packet.

Regardless of this address, the interview must occur in the country where the marriage took place.

Wishing everyone a fast and successful journey.

• 04-04-2006 Met on Internet
  • 09-22-2007 Married

• ----- I-130 ----------
  • 10-29-2007 Mailed

• ----- I-129F ---------
  • 01-22-2008 Mailed
  • 06-16-2008 Interview (Visa received 6-18)
  • 06-22-2008 US Entry

• ----- AOS ---------
  • 08-11-2009 Mailed I-485 Package
  • 08-13-2009 Pachage delivered Chicago lockbox
  • 08-19-2009 Check cashed by USCIS
  • 08-20-2009 NOA1 Received - USCIS
  • 08-31-2009 NOA BIO Appointment Scheduled
  • 09-16-2009 BIO Appointment
  • 11-03-2009 Interview Appointment - SUCCESS!!!
  • 11-13-2009 10 year GC arrived !!!
  • Applying for US citizenship in 3 years...!!!!!!!!

The heart can endure so very much, but every moment apart still feels like an eternity.

We will be patient and we will endure, because the love we received is in answer to our dreams.

Timeline
...Perhaps I will prepare now my resignation letter which effectivity is one month from the filing date to my company. Will get police clearance here to carry with me back to phils. and Oh! don't know if i understand it right that NVC will sent the packet here in kuwait? as we indicated on the filed forms my current residency address. So I have to wait to recieve it first and send it back to NVC before I go to Philippine for the interview. Hopefully im getting it correctly, just dont want to be out of time when everything is coming to our way...

pushbrk or someone, please correct me if I have this information wrong.

Luisa_Chris,

My understanding is, if you put “Kuwait” as your “address abroad” on your I-129F petition, then this is where the communication packet(s) are sent.

NVC will forward your petition to the "US Embassy in the Philippines". This Embassy will send you the packet(s) and instructions. You will be communicating with this Embassy and this is where the interview takes place. You will not be sending anything back to NVC.

There may be a way to change your "address abroad", but I'm not certain how this is done. Perhaps after receipt of the first packet.

Regardless of this address, the interview must occur in the country where the marriage took place.

Wishing everyone a fast and successful journey.

You can update the address abroad either with NVC or USEM or both.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

We are so thankful for you all for helping us understand about the visa processes. I am really learning and gaining very valuable knowlegde from your advices and shared experiences. Now my husband and I will figured out what we can gather in advance for that interview although that date is still far enough. We are still waiting to be approve at the USCIS.

Come what may along the rocky roads we are heading, as long as we are prepare for whatever it may be on our way, and have our friends like everyone here on VJ, everything will be fine and be at the right place as God wishes it to be.!

Thank you pushbrk I believe you have a lot of knowledge in mind, I really admire you for your so untiring deeds in advicing people here as I've read from the previous postings.

Thank you M and K and Donna A for sharing your knowledge and experiences too, actually Im feeling alright now. I know our case is just very simple and we'll be fine sooner.

Wishing everyone a goodluck and speedy Visa journey!

CR1

Vermont Service Center

2007-11-28 -- I-130 Sent

2008-01-29 -- I-130 NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi there......I had the same question about my interview for K1. I too was confused and really stressed out before.

I am currently in Kuwait and my fiancé in the US will be petitioning me (filing our papers in couple of days).

I was relieved when my Fiancé called the customer service at USICS and verified about the processing of my K1 and where my interview will take place. He explained my situation ( I was born and working here in Kuwait) and whether I had to go back to the Philippines....they clarified things for us and said that my papers will be sent to the US Consulate and have my interview at the embassy............goodluck to us :D

US Entry: Flying to US, POE JFk- 27/11/08

Married on: FEBRUARY 10.2009 - Finally =D

AOS,EAD & AP (K1)

Filed on: March 13 2009- Chicago Lockbox

Recieved our pckge: March 17 2009

Check cashed: March 24 2009

NOA for AOS,EAD&AP: March 25 2009(Rcpt dated March 23 2009)

Biometrics: April 10, 2009

AP Recieved: May 15, 2009

EAD Card Rcvd: May 22, 2009

Interview: June 05, 2009approved!

Rcvd GC: July 02,2009

Timeline
Hi there......I had the same question about my interview for K1. I too was confused and really stressed out before.

I am currently in Kuwait and my fiancé in the US will be petitioning me (filing our papers in couple of days).

I was relieved when my Fiancé called the customer service at USICS and verified about the processing of my K1 and where my interview will take place. He explained my situation ( I was born and working here in Kuwait) and whether I had to go back to the Philippines....they clarified things for us and said that my papers will be sent to the US Consulate and have my interview at the embassy............goodluck to us :D

K1 and K3 procedures are different in this regard. K3 applicants married abroad must interview in the country of marriage. K1 applicants interview before marriage. Please don't confuse the two.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.