brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Thanks Kim :) I can't complain because there are so many of you who have gone much longer then Bo and I. I do hope that we will all be with them soon, and seriously Kim, you better be getting approved soon! You're entirely too positive for the rest of us to have been waiting so long! I send you as much CDN love as I can...cross-border-crossing fingers!!

Congrats on the new approvals as well!! two May'ers! :blink: [/color]

<3 Jen

Thank you sweetheart, I appreciate the warm thoughts. :) Yes, we've been waiting quite a while and we're not so lucky as to be able to visit. It's been about 6 months since we last saw each other. :( How envious we are of you Canadians! :lol: He actually contemplated getting a job there for a while as we waited but it would take just as long to get the visa to work and he really didn't want to have to leave another great job in his field... wouldn't look too good on the resume. ;) There's really no other choice than to be positive for me...i've learned (the hard way) that life is way too short to even waste a day. ;) I do get stressed about it and i'm so desperate to have him home but if I become miserable it only affects the other parts of my life and I just can't have that. It's taking enough from us already. ;) Besides, i'm still being the strong one. :lol:

Graham... i'm soooooo excited for you guys! Great news that you're at the Embassy! Tell me she has both I-134's (notorized)??? That is the only thing that needs to be notorized..she should have two. The tax transcripts do not. You'll be all set getting them via snail mail. ;) btw.. I heard from a little birdie that if you include a 'wedding date' in your info that you send back to London they will try to get you home by then. I'm sure you could come up with something. ;) This trip is going to do you both a world of good! Ooo the baby will be able to hear you from outside the womb pretty soon (23 weeks)!

Well i'm up and about to work out and then spend some time cleaning and washing bedding. I have company coming from Maine either today or tomorrow to attend my family's annual Luau tomorrow! One of my closest friends and her fiance... we do an awful lot of giggling when we're together (shocking I know :lol:) so it will do me good to spend some time with them!

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend and sending vibes to VSC to approve the rest of us early/mid April filers Monday! ;)

timeline.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

BOTH I-134???? She needs 2?????? I hope you mean the one for her and the one for her step dad????????? ARGH!!!!!!!

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
OMG WE'VE BEEN APPROVED!

And DAMN it, he's at work right now! Holy jeez, the feeling is such a RUSH! I can't believe it, finally.

I mean, I just don't have the words right now. PARTY TIME!

Congrats it moves quick now :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

So this is totally off topic BUT :ot:

Guess what guys? I've been making plans for this wedding coming up (omg)

and I'm going to get married in Central Park. It's decided, LOL.

Luis seemed excited, he was like "Central Park... I saw that on Friends." :lol:

Just trying to keep my mind of that darn RFE, and I know we need to start planning this thing b/c we aren't going to have much time once he gets here, and I don't want to do it at the last minute. It's not going to be big, but I want it to be special.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

Awwww Suz... Central Park would be awesome!! Russell and I were there in ummm 2006 (i think). Will you be married at the fountain??? There's some beautiful bridges as well with willow trees arching over the ponds... soooo pretty! Peru is very fast in scheduling their interview dates so perhaps Central Park in the fall????? Breathtaking!!!

We're having a big 'to-do' in April with family and friends but we're still not sure about the official ceremony.... something beautiful and intimate is all we want. :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Yes, Graham.. one for her... one for her co-sponsor. ;)

Hi Sally... waving.gif Are you home yet?????

Hi Kim sweetheart

Yes, I arrived on the 26th July and we got married on the 28th at the courthouse. Then we went away for a few days and then his family hosted a reception for us on Tuesday.

I am very lucky, Jay has a good family and they are all keen to help me settle.

I have found it quite emotional leaving my home country but the emotion may be down to tiredness from the jet lag. Jay is very supportive and attentive and helps me through.

I have started looking at aos but the paperwork we need is in my shipping so that will have to wait till that arrives on the 14th.

I am so sorry that you are still waiting, it dissapoints me beyond belief and makes me realise how lucky us January filers were although we did not know it at the time.

Take care you are one special lady.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Awwww Suz... Central Park would be awesome!! Russell and I were there in ummm 2006 (i think). Will you be married at the fountain??? There's some beautiful bridges as well with willow trees arching over the ponds... soooo pretty! Peru is very fast in scheduling their interview dates so perhaps Central Park in the fall????? Breathtaking!!!

We're having a big 'to-do' in April with family and friends but we're still not sure about the official ceremony.... something beautiful and intimate is all we want. :)

I want to do it at belvedere castle, either that or Shakespeare garden. I'm not sure what the procedure is to get married there so I am going out to the city with my friend next week, also to look at restaurants, because I'm going to have dinner there with the family and some friends and I'm not exactly sure where.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...entral_Park.jpg

I'm partial to the castle, lol

I wouldn't be totally disappointed if it was a winter wedding. I love NY in the winter.

Edited by susita83
205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Sorry for that random, loud spamming yesterday. But you can imagine my excitement. It was so unexpected too; I was getting ready to go to a party at a friend's house, and I almost didn't even look again, as I'd already checked maybe five times that day. I was expecting a touch.

And I almost mistook it for a touch, as well. Normally, I'd just look at the "Last Updated" spot for a date change. So for a few seconds, I thought, "Oh, awesome, a touch!" Then I clicked on my receipt number and saw the words "Approved". It was so fresh, they hadn't even had time to send me the email yet. And it was all a screaming, giggling blur after that. :)

I thought we might very well get an RFE once I realized that I had copied his passport stamp upon entry, but not the first page of the passport with his identifying information. Yet - we still got an approval. I'll never fully understand the method behind the madness. Right now, I'm just looking around at what to do. I suppose Monday, I'll ask my boss to print my employment letter and sign it. Luckily I now work in a building downtown that has a bank in it, so I'm sure they'll have a notary to do my Affidavit of Support.

I'm also nervous about sending this package to my fiance - I'm all thumbs with writing down UK addresses. I think I might've screwed up his address when I sent him a letter months ago, because it never got there.

Anyhow, the feeling of getting an NOA2 really is incredible. You want to cry, you want to jump, you want to laugh, you want to TELL EVERYONE (and I'm lucky my cell phone plan doesn't count minutes because after last night, I'd be WAY over them). I completely didn't expect it so soon; I was convinced we had AT LEAST two weeks left, if not more. It's going to happen for every single person here, I know it will.

Sorry about the RFE, Suzy, but at least you know they're adjudicating you right now! We MUST have been in the same box.

Also . . . do I actually qualify as a May filer? How does it break down, by send date or NOA1 date? No matter. I like the April crowd. :)

Edited by SterlingGirl

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Timeline

Sal, thanks for being so sweet to me. :) I'm sooooooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations! Yes, you January folks were awfully lucky! Even with the added stress you had to go through. ;)

Suzy, the castle is gorgeous! Central Park in Winter is beautiful too! How fun it will be for you exploring your options next week!

timeline.jpg

Timeline

No worries Alex. You deserve to be ecstatic! It's been stated here that they go by the sent date (or arrival at VSC) of the petition so you're a true April filer! :lol: If you had sent in May.... I may have had to hurt you! :lol:

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks for settling my nerves there Kim, though I had made a right ####### of things!!!!!! Both are signed and will be on the big steel bird on their way to me with my two other special packages :)

Neither Megan or I are very religious but we have both been praying that you get your approval Kim, as Sal said you are one very special lady :)

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Timeline

awwww you guys :blush: <--- really, I never blush! :lol: Thanks for the warm thoughts and special words. It really makes it a whole lot easier knowing there are such wonderful people all over the world pulling for us. :)

Graham, you must be jumping out of your skin today! I know it's not quite the 'end' of the difficult road for you just yet but you're getting there! Having this time together right now is just what you both need to get you through the rest of it! That lovely lady of yours may just need a nice foot rub after she's been up in the air so long. *hint, hint* ;)

One of the things keeping me going is that New Zealand Consulate is especially nice to deal with and they really do try to accomodate so hopefully my sweet will not have to wait too long for his interview and can be home with us again soon after our approval. ;) I just can't wait to have that date!!!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
awwww you guys :blush: <--- really, I never blush! :lol: Thanks for the warm thoughts and special words. It really makes it a whole lot easier knowing there are such wonderful people all over the world pulling for us. :)

Graham, you must be jumping out of your skin today! I know it's not quite the 'end' of the difficult road for you just yet but you're getting there! Having this time together right now is just what you both need to get you through the rest of it! That lovely lady of yours may just need a nice foot rub after she's been up in the air so long. *hint, hint* ;)

One of the things keeping me going is that New Zealand Consulate is especially nice to deal with and they really do try to accomodate so hopefully my sweet will not have to wait too long for his interview and can be home with us again soon after our approval. ;) I just can't wait to have that date!!!

Kim,

You are certainly the glue that holds this thread together and keeps it sane. Even if you will attack me for sending my K1 on May 1. :help:

I hope we can hear happy news from you very very soon but it's Vermont. Maple syrup isn't quite as slow as molasses but close! Anyway, whenever I've seen a mole his asses has been moving just as fast as his little legs!

I think that Russ could get a job now. On his resume or application, where it says "why did you leave this job?" he can just put "see enclosed DVD". I'm sure they will understand! :wow:

Don't make the weekend go too fast. I start a new job on Monday and I have a mess of work to do before then!

Joe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Suze, if it's really small ceremony (up to 5, I believe) u don't need to do anything special. Now, if it's a bit bigger crowd you need to get the permit. I'll just add that Central Park is amazing and after seen pics of Shakesperian Garden I seriously considered changing our beach wedding to the elopment to Big Apple :).

Kim, dear, you and Russ are in my thought as well. I learned a lot of patience and optimism from you, so thanks a lot!!!!! I wish I could give them a kick or smth to hurry up with your NOA2...

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.