brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I'd call DOS today and let them know. I assume they would just get the packet back at the Embassy and resend it when you tell them where.

It's going to have to wait until Monday unfortunatly. They're not open after 5 pm.

And thanks! I'm glad they won't totally disregard our case! I'm sure this has happened before. Thanks Kim and Nich!!

Edited by smchadwick

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steph--

You know what I would do? I would print the checklist from the P3 scans I gave you. Fill it in and mail it along with your DS forms. I know they are not going to bat an eye at that. There is nothing you get in P3, except a cover letter that tells you your LND case number, that is specific to you. If you already know that, then you're set. You do not send their cover letter back to them. Nothing official with your name on it goes back except things you have filled out yourself.

Meanwhile you can do the address change or whatever. If you're not in a hurry, then wait a few more weeks for another packet, but I seriously would use the scans with not one moment's hesitation. The scans print better than they look on screen. And London P3 is messy, poor photocopy quality. It's not like you're sending in something crappy when they sent a fine laser printer checklist. They don't. It's messy and crooked on the page.

I'm not much on taking risks unless I think the odds are mucho heavily in my favor, so I wouldn't give you this opinion unless I was real confident that it would be A-OK.

When you send in P3, include a cover letter itemizing what you are sending, then add a paragraph saying please note my new address is _____. That's just another way of making sure they get told your address one more time.

When I say "you" above. I mean Gareth.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Steph ~ Sorry to hear about the address confusion, I'm going through something similar to Raffaela, Luis' birth certificate is spelled wrong & and we are trying to get it fixed ASAP we got a lawyer so we'll see what happens. Always this dumb ####### has to happen at the last minute and mess us up!

NVC received my case today! So I guess I just have to wait for it to be forwarded to Lima now. How long does that usually take? The lady said 2-4 weeks, but I noticed for some people it's like 2 days.

Let me know the real deal guys, hehe :lol:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline
Steph--

You know what I would do? I would print the checklist from the P3 scans I gave you. Fill it in and mail it along with your DS forms. I know they are not going to bat an eye at that. There is nothing you get in P3, except a cover letter that tells you your LND case number, that is specific to you. If you already know that, then you're set. You do not send their cover letter back to them. Nothing official with your name on it goes back except things you have filled out yourself.

Meanwhile you can do the address change or whatever. If you're not in a hurry, then wait a few more weeks for another packet, but I seriously would use the scans with not one moment's hesitation. The scans print better than they look on screen. And London P3 is messy, poor photocopy quality. It's not like you're sending in something crappy when they sent a fine laser printer checklist. They don't. It's messy and crooked on the page.

I'm not much on taking risks unless I think the odds are mucho heavily in my favor, so I wouldn't give you this opinion unless I was real confident that it would be A-OK.

When you send in P3, include a cover letter itemizing what you are sending, then add a paragraph saying please note my new address is _____. That's just another way of making sure they get told your address one more time.

When I say "you" above. I mean Gareth.

You know what that is a great idea!!!! Thanks soooo much!! I wouldn't have thought of that!!!

If you think it will be fine them I'm all for that!!! I have our LND case number the NVC sent me a letter four times! lol Don't know why they sent it so many times.

The only thing I wonder about is if the Embassy gets our packet back will they freak out when they get the forms? I'm still going to do this though! Thanks!!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NVC Received

Timeline
Steph ~ Sorry to hear about the address confusion, I'm going through something similar to Raffaela, Luis' birth certificate is spelled wrong & and we are trying to get it fixed ASAP we got a lawyer so we'll see what happens. Always this dumb ####### has to happen at the last minute and mess us up!

NVC received my case today! So I guess I just have to wait for it to be forwarded to Lima now. How long does that usually take? The lady said 2-4 weeks, but I noticed for some people it's like 2 days.

Yeah it sucks! Mama Nich has saved the day yet again with her brillant ideas! Good luck with the BC!!

It only took a couple of days for them to forward mine so it should be sometime next week!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NVC Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS.. My baby received the e-mail this morning, I was working and after he called me to tell me the news.. I started to cry :star: finally got our notice #2 Im soooo happyyy... Suzyyy!!! my baby is coming soon.. and u too!!

Thanks everybody for sharing your k-1 visa experience and for the support. You guyz are amazing ;) I dont remember if I told you this before... (L)

Me

Waiting...

Te amo Ab!

Timeline

Congrats!!!!

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NVC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Got approval today! We're celebrating on skype now but my sweety woke up with a headache so it's a quiet celebration!

Joe

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS.. My baby received the e-mail this morning, I was working and after he called me to tell me the news.. I started to cry :star: finally got our notice #2 Im soooo happyyy... Suzyyy!!! my baby is coming soon.. and u too!!

CONGRATULATIONS :dance:

Got approval today! We're celebrating on skype now but my sweety woke up with a headache so it's a quiet celebration!

Joe

congratulations (whispering) :secret:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Ana&D>>>

Well, If i am not lucky, then I will have to do the same thing with you...hope the vaccine wouldn't turn out harmful later...

Suzy>>>

I don't know the exact date when NVC received my case, but I got NOA2 dated Aug 13, and

I confirmed that NVC sent out my package on Aug 19. I tracked my package online

and saw that it was delivered to Tokyo yesterday. That is how it went for my case!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody for sharing your k-1 visa experience and for the support. You guyz are amazing ;) I dont remember if I told you this before... (L)

Me

Felicidades!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Quizas nos vemos a ver en Lima :star:

"Congratulations Joe," said I, whispering.

I'm so happy for everybody!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Abe -n- Verito... told ya so! :lol: Congratulations!!! Feels great, no? :)

Joe, replied to you in the other thread but CONGRATULATIONS to you and yours as well my friend!!! realbooty.gif <-- hehehe you last night!

Suzy, our case got to the NVC last friday (the 15th) but has yet to leave NVC (as of last night). I got my letter from the NVC dated 8/20 saying it will leave within the week. We'll see. -_-

By Monday the Consulate will have Package 3 returned, the medical and Russell should have my package so he'll be ready for his interview... as soon as the petition gets to the Embassy! :lol: We're actually hoping that perhaps they'll send him his appointment letter before they get the petition since they really have all they need. :whistle:

Damn we're effecient, eh? Think they can tell we're in a rush? :lol:

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Sorry for chiming in so late...... Congrats to Joe and Wei and Abe and Verito! I'm so very happy on your behalf, especially now that I know how it feels to receive that approval :) .

Today I got a nice surprise in the post - the Finnish police certificate, which was issued very, very quickly (I requested it less than two weeks ago). Interestingly, it is much cheaper than the Italian one - about half the sum! Tomorrow I'll have to travel down south again because of issues related to my aunt's estate (my brother, my cousin and I are her only heirs), but when I come back home I'll definitely contact the Naples Consulate. In the meantime, I'm trying to sort out everything I have to take with me, as well as get rid of as much clutter as I can. Unfortunately, that won't be easy, since my flat is chock full of things related to almost 40 years of life of a family of four people. I'll do what I can, and leave the rest to my brother. There is only one of me after all! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys quick update on our case we are waiting for Packet 4.

but i need help yet again.

What happens if k1 visa is granted then u have a religious marriage. Is that okay or no!!!

Please help my fiancée is freaking out!!!

Edited by MnM

7238.gif

6995.gif

8468.gif

10206.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You're treading on a slippery slope when you talk 'religious ceremony/marriage'. Perception and opinion varies greatly and you can easily find yourself in trouble. Especially dealing with a Consulate like Pakistan I would imagine.

If your K1 visa is granted... that's to say you have the visa in the passport and ready to go... a ceremony of some kind in another Country is possible BUT it must not be recognized as a binding and legal marriage and I would not breath a word of it to the CO or POE officer...or anybody for that matter. Do not wear rings or refer to each other as husband and wife until you are comfortably inside US borders.

You must be married in the U.S.

Lots of people have non-binding/legal ceremonies BUT lots of people also have issues after doing so. I'd hate to see that happen to you.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.