S and S

Need info about embassy interview in Jordan

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hey everyone, I am new to this thread, but I am hoping for any help you all could give me. Right now I am waiting for the visa application and affadavit of support to arrive (paid the fees already). I found information that led me to believe I must send my husbands police clearances, birth certificate, etc in with the visa application. He is Iraqi and a refugee in Jordan now so the police clearance for Iraq is going to take awhile though he did send it off a couple days ago. I am hoping for any advice from someone familiar with preparing their visa for Jordan and anyone that is also Iraqi and knows how that may effect things I haven't foreseen yet.

Also, after I send in the visa application and affadavit of support, does anyone know how long it will take for an embassy interview in Jordan?

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi there, my husband had his interview in Jordan, but we are on a K3 visa so I am not sure about the CR1 visa, but if you have any questions about the actual interview questions, etc. you can PM me and I will be happy to try to help you in any way

Good luck and welcome ;)

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hey everyone, I am new to this thread, but I am hoping for any help you all could give me. Right now I am waiting for the visa application and affadavit of support to arrive (paid the fees already). I found information that led me to believe I must send my husbands police clearances, birth certificate, etc in with the visa application. He is Iraqi and a refugee in Jordan now so the police clearance for Iraq is going to take awhile though he did send it off a couple days ago. I am hoping for any advice from someone familiar with preparing their visa for Jordan and anyone that is also Iraqi and knows how that may effect things I haven't foreseen yet.

Also, after I send in the visa application and affadavit of support, does anyone know how long it will take for an embassy interview in Jordan?

I don't think we sent in the police clearance with the application itself... you will send the birth certificate with that. The police clearance went with the interview. They will send a checklist of things you need to bring to the interview as far as paperwork, and then you get it all together at that point.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Yup, u should get a checklist to go by. I had a lawyer who prepared everything for us so I don't remember what all it was. Good luck!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I just wanted to say Welcome to Vj's and I am not sure of how it works for Iraq national citizens in Jordan. I know that interviews are set out about 3-6 months when i went through. If your husband would like to speack tomy husband in arabic we can arrange for them to talk together since my husband was the one that interviewed. PM me if that is something that might help.

Again Welcome!

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's been awhile since my husband processed through Amman, but you are right. After talking to my Friend Nativelisa who is doing a CR1 through Amman. You must submit police records when you are at the NVC level now. Here is a link for you to get more information.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html Put in Amman and it will give you instructions.

Good Luck!

Angel

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your input and the welcome. I really appreciate it. I did call the NVC today and they said he doesn't have to submit a police clearance for Iraq because it is "unavailable". I think that really means it is not reliable so why bother. He has started the clearance for Iraq, but it takes weeks to get back by mail. NVC did say I must submit all the other required paperwork with the visa application. I wish I had known this sooner, but I hadn't seen any info on it until very recently. The visa application is due to arrive any day and I had hoped to send it out right away, but now I am trying to get my husbands documents together (or rather he is) from Jordan.

Does anyone remember what the immunization requirements are? He didn't bring his immunization records with him when he left Iraq and they would be unattainable now.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow it's been awhile since i helped someone through Amman, but here is an old list i had. :)

Measles

Mumps

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and Diptheria

Pertussis

Hib

Hepatitis B Series

Varicella/Chicken pox

influenza

Pneumoccal

I am pretty sure he can get titered for those when he does his medical, so he doesn't have to repeat any if he is already immune.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Does anyone remember what the immunization requirements are? He didn't bring his immunization records with him when he left Iraq and they would be unattainable now.

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

-- Acellular pertussis

-- Hepatitis A

-- Hepatitis B

-- Human papillomavirus (HPV)

-- Influenza

-- Influenza type b (Hib)

-- Measles

-- Meningococcal

-- Mumps

-- Pneumococcal

-- Pertussis

-- Polio

-- Rotovirus

-- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

-- Varicella

-- Zoster

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Thanks for the vaccination info. I hope since he doesn't have his vaccination records that he doesn't have to repeat too many of these.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Here are ten reviews for Jordon (Consulate):

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...amp;cnty=Jordan

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hey my husband is an iraqi refugee in Jordan as well. When I submitted my application it didn't really ask for any info from my husband except the G-325A signed by him. I'll send you a pm, maybe our husbands can work together to work on having everything they need.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Timeline

Has your immigration petition been approved? Once mine was approved it also qualified him for processing as a refugee. I got a letter from the department of state about it and an application to apply.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

We have several members who processed for Iraqi SOs through Amman -- they may have some good tips for you. I haven't seen them post in MENA in some time, but their accounts are active within the past several months. Try PMing them -- their VJ names are Mandolin_68 and reddaisy.

After your case is completed at NVC, it will be sent to Jordan. They usually take several months to schedule an interview (but they do seem to be moving a little faster on this than they have in the past -- some people had waited upwards of a year.)

This is a wonderful place to find support and excellent information. Personally, I understand many of the unique difficulties you are facing. Wishing you and your husband all the best of luck in your visa journey !

(F)

-MK

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Thanks MK for your response. I am sure you can understand the difficulties. Inshallah things will move fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.