Imua

Religious intolerance on eBay!!!

35 posts in this topic

neutral feedback?? Neg at the very least!!!

i would fight this with ebay.. you have rights.

what is the item number??

i would go out of my way just to talk sh*t to this idiot.

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
eBay's TOS does not recognize this as a valid reason to not fulfill her side of the contract. She must pay you or risk being suspended. File an Unpaid item claim with eBay.

Absolutely.

I agree with the leaving negative feedback. But do it politely and in an informative way for any people who have the misfortune to be doing business with her.

Timeline
So freaky it had to be said twice. :lol:

Annoying too.

Especially since my husband WORKS for the company that provides our internet cable connection. It's usually reliable but when it's not, it's horrid.

Sorry, I didn't understand you correctly. Could you post that again? :P

Filed: Other Timeline

Annoying too.

Especially since my husband WORKS for the company that provides our internet cable connection. It's usually reliable but when it's not, it's horrid.

Done.

Was that sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow enough for ya! :P

Oh my goodness! I have really been missing out by not getting Fox here... It was interesting that after all the proclamations from her, she accepted the money allocations from 'the dark-sided' people. It is just sad, she couldn't learn anything from the experience...

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Timeline

Annoying too.

Done.

Was that sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow enough for ya! :P

That's better! :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry about that! I would consider writing her and asking if she realizes she is violtating her TOS. I'd also be tempted to tell her what she is doing is a violation of TOS and therefore dishonest and a violating of her religion also :) If she doesn't wish to repeat buy that is fine, but if she has these convictions she should be more careful in the first place, KWIM? If I got something from someone with whose religion or personal beliefs I disagreed, I would still pay and if it was a strong enough problem-- I would not repeat buy is all. But unless she's making all of her own stuff or buying things made by others she knows FROM SCRATCH, she is likely involved in supporting people who disagree with her beliefs as it is... and since she's online in the first place I seriously doubt she gives this a second thought. That is hypocrisy. People should be careful of the stances they take and examine them to the fullest (IMO).

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I have been selling on eBay for the last 6 years and you'd think I have seen everything but I was just flabbergasted by the email I just received from a bidder - I will copy it in its entirety:

"Good morning:

The skirt looks beautiful & at such a reasonable price. It's just what I've been searching for. I usually view a sellers site before bidding, but was overtaken with excitement that I had finally located the skirt for which I'd searching. I'm so happy to have won the bid & wanted to purchase other items & combineshipping. I'm explaining the series of events in order to paint a picture for you. Perhaps my explanation of why I can not move forward with the completion of this transaction. To my disappointment I found that you also sell items related to spirituality. That in it self is not an issue for probably most people, but it does create on for me. There's not enough space for me to give a thorogh explanation, but the 'bottom-line' is that because of my Christian conscience I will not be able to complete this transaction. I sincerely apologize & recognize that the fault completely lies with me. "

#######?????!!!! I could think of soooooo many choice replies but I think I will leave neutral feedback and say simply that she refuses to pay because of here religious beliefs. She lives in SF of all places, must be difficult for her 'Christian conscience'. I wonder if she leaves a store if she sees gay people working there???

:ranting::bonk::ranting::bonk:

Whay spiritual things are you selling on ebay?

What a sad state of affairs. The woman is deluded but she seems to believe that she must decline the purchase because to complete it would be a greater sin than to not honour this legal contract. If she is truly sold on that belief then nothing you can do or say will make a difference.

If she doesn't pay and gets a reprimand from ebay she will view this as the stimata that show she is true to her beliefs a sort of reward if you will for facing the 'evil' that buying from you somehow represents. Essentially, you can't change what she thinks by giving her negative feedback. She will not look at it and go, 'sheesh, what an idiot I was, I should have continued with my transaction, I'll never do that again!' All you can do is damage limitation.

If it genuinly makes you feel better to leave her negative feedback then go ahead. If however you think your feelings would be best served by being neutral and baldly stating the facts, then do that. It is sad that there are people who are this closed minded but at the end of the day, the people who lose out are the people with the closed minds.

After all, she's not getting the skirt she had her heart set on, and someone else will.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Timeline

Sorry I've been offline most of the day - Thanks all for your replies. Still deciding what exactly to do. I sell a lot of things that she probably finds offensive, mostly Buddhist and Hindu statues, religious artifacts, etc. I also sell books related to Hinduism, Buddhism, and some about Paganism and Western magick - those probably offended her the most. :whistle:

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This reminds me of once when I asked a woman to comment for an article I was writing. She said she needed to pray about it. LOL. I suppose it's good she didn't participate, since otherwise her nuttiness would have been published for the hundreds of thousands of people who read the newspapers that the story appeared in.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Sorry I've been offline most of the day - Thanks all for your replies. Still deciding what exactly to do. I sell a lot of things that she probably finds offensive, mostly Buddhist and Hindu statues, religious artifacts, etc. I also sell books related to Hinduism, Buddhism, and some about Paganism and Western magick - those probably offended her the most. :whistle:

Western Magic... :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, back to normalcy...that stuff sounds cool...

That's just wrong, and I'd give her a negative feedback. I wonder if she knows the religion of every single shop owner or worker where she buys everything....SHEESH!

And Jenn, thanks for the piccie of the God Warrior! LOL What a nutbag...she still scares me... :o

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony